Steam

RayOxide

Big question here, probably more tech, but this thread works.

You all know how the WoW game folder you can move to any spot on your computer and it will still work? Can this be done with Steam? I would like to remove it to an external hard drive if possible.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

You all know how the WoW game folder you can move to any spot on your computer and it will still work? Can this be done with Steam? I would like to remove it to an external hard drive if possible.

Not sure about Steam itself, but with the game files you definately can. Aslong as you get it from the same account you will be using.

So just copy the folder [account name] from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps to [location]\Steam\steamapps.

(You probably knew that, but this saves others from having to ask.)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Yea, the game files you can pretty much move to any computer, you just need to download the steam client, which is a pretty short download anyways. As long as the account you're logging into has the games you're trying to play registered, you'll be able to play them.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I'm pretty sure you have to download and install a copy of steam onto the external HD and then put the game files there.

soldersig.jpg

I'm also an Australian. Our internet might be [cabbage], but that doesn't mean steam is ineffective. Download your steam games during off peak period and play on servers with unmetered usage.

If you are that worried about downloading TF-2, send me $3 and I'll mail you a dvd with a tf-2 steam backup on it. All you need to do is double click the file and it will extract and install.

SoLawny.png