Lag in RS?!?!?!

Jimihendrix5

Well i logged in today to start playing and my character walks then stops(quick pause)then continues and it looks as if everyone else is also. It wasnt doing this before. I tried installing new java, didnt work I know my comp can handle the game easily. 3.6 P4 HT, 2 gigs of ram. Anyone got any ideas? or suggestions? thanks

IN GAME NAME: Jimihendrix3 !!!!! not 5

I used to have that problem. It was sun java. I switched to MS java vm, and havn't had issues since, though some consider this to be dangerous... :roll:

Theres no consideration for it all all. It is a fact that MS Sun java has serious security implications.

Sticky: Problems using java for playing runescape ? Look here...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The only problem is, unless you already have the MSJVM, you can only get it illegally.

I did have the files on my old webspace, until someone pointed out they were quite illegal - I took them down shortly after.

I used to have that problem. It was sun java. I switched to MS java vm, and havn't had issues since, though some consider this to be dangerous... :roll:

Theres no consideration for it all all. It is a fact that MS Sun java has serious security implications.

Sticky: Problems using java for playing runescape ? Look here...

Merc, it was sun java and there was NOTHING I could do about it, it was a conflic. Long story short, it was easier for me to use MS java... and yea I know its a security risk but like I've already explained many times before, I feel I am 99.9% secure on my computer, and even if the 1 out of 10000 chance that something did happen, I would have the knowledge to fix it.

And biox... illegal, yes... but so is downloading music, movies, pretty much any program that isn't freeware/shareware, taking candy from a baby, ect ect. And I am sure you have NEVER done any of that, right?

And in the case that you really havent... well then who's rules are you abiding by? Everyone has different beleifs, different ethics, and what not... I personally can justify taking certain things from certain people, wether that's right in your eyes is a different matter but in the end I make my peace with god and sleep tight at night.

And biox... illegal, yes... but so is downloading music, movies, pretty much any program that isn't freeware/shareware, taking candy from a baby, ect ect. And I am sure you have NEVER done any of that, right?

And in the case that you really havent... well then who's rules are you abiding by? Everyone has different beleifs, different ethics, and what not... I personally can justify taking certain things from certain people, wether that's right in your eyes is a different matter but in the end I make my peace with god and sleep tight at night.

The fact that I was offering it on a webserver that a mate gave me space on meant that I really should take it down.. if I was offering it on a private FTP I wouldn't have been so concerned, but my friend was nice enough to give me the webspace - I should only return the favor by keeping my files legal, eh?

The fact that I was offering it on a webserver that a mate gave me space on meant that I really should take it down.. if I was offering it on a private FTP I wouldn't have been so concerned, but my friend was nice enough to give me the webspace - I should only return the favor by keeping my files legal, eh?

Point made, agreed. :wink:

ive got cable and got the same problem..

Me too...i fix it by opening some website, that lags a bit when opening it, and almost everytime it starts to walk and do things normally :? ...I have good comp and 1 Mb cable connection

• 1 month later...

It is not illegal to obtain and use the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. Infact the MSJVM is actually older source code from Sun Microsystems and is still licensed until 31st December 2007. Microsoft still offers support for the MSJVM but this support will be obsolete at the above date. Microsoft is encouraging all MSJVM users to start he transiton over to Sun Java before the above date.

I'ld be interested where you read that using MSJVM was illegal.