Old school- new school?

Studentas_Lt

My suggestion To JaGex will be like this:

Old school people will understand me and probably agree with me, of course, in rs2, everything is way easier to get, and many NEW SCHOOL players, ( people who started when rs2 was launched, many ppl got high lvls and high xp\total really fast.

Old school people, were working really hard, to get such high lvl ( for example 100 in rsc was like 123 in rs2 now ) So... and thanks to old school people, rs grew into what it is now. Popular RPG online game.

Ok so... Here's my suggestion: Each old school person, who used to play rsc, and was high lvl, gets some GOLDEN star left of his name, so people can know that this person is playing over 2 years, and that he is old school player thanks to who it is all now like it is.

New school people gets brown star. Maybe that's idea not perfect, im just givin begining of it, and u can imrove it, here by posting ur ideas to this update.

After this update , people will see, who is who, who is old school, and who is just crazy maniac who plays 24 hours per day and gets easy xp in no time :)

Discuss this.

sorry for bad english :oops:

I'd have two brand spankin new gold stars next to me name, as I've been playing for 4years+ :P

I dont really think JaGeX would think this is important, because it doesn't really benefit anyone, and plus the new school players would complain their manky butts off to JaGeX. What about the players who got banned by mistake, and have been playing longer than me, but on several characters?

Yeah it would feel nice, but ultimately it would just be another tool in which to call people noobs with.

True old schoolers wouldn't need a star to tell them they are, I feel contempt knowing I am anyway (Not totally old school, but pretty ageing)

I want somewhere in our high scores or what not to be a place where it says how long we've been playing. I started ages ago, but I can't remember Date or Year. All I remember is that there was no RS2 and I believe members was not out yet.

and now they would mine a rocki have been playin since when andrew is in charge and before jagex even comes into the picture in runescape back then u cant tell wat ores a rock hav by looking at the colour. thats when prospectin is useful :wink: and now they would automatically mine a rock by just clickin. last time is"use pick axe with rock"

Ok I have no Idea what you lust said....

Anyways! Interesting idea, new players shouldn't get a star though :P

What I read once was that You get cape..... Ok I'll make my own topic for that :P

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

I don't think it's a good idea. It's stupid and unnecessary. Jagex may not even have a way of keeping track of who has been playing since when. Such a system serves no purpose.

You think that it's not idea because You don't know what's feeling when some newbie who started since rs2 was launched, makes 150mill xp and 123 combat in 5 months and starts posting on forums with big mouth: ' haha owned ' and like that.... while you was working 6 months non stop to get 100 combat in rsc.

and to stop it, some little icon, such as star, would solve everything.

peace out.

I don't like the idea, for mainly 3 reasons:

1. Most players today try to pretend to be teh uebr leet by calling everyone else noobs. No, this does't happens to me, but I hate nowdays community.

2. Newbies would bother all the old skoolers by asking where they got that star close to their name, I have severall friends who are mods, and they avoy to talk in public because people bother them too much because of their silver crowns.

3. Why should one group have special privileges?

And most important of all, I'm not really old school, I began playing on the last month of RSC, but why would I want to show everyone how long I've been playing? What's the purpose of it?

I would rather tell my closest friends I have been playing long, and not everyone that comes by.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Yeah it would feel nice, but ultimately it would just be another tool in which to call people noobs with.

True old schoolers wouldn't need a star to tell them they are, I feel contempt knowing I am anyway (Not totally old school, but pretty ageing)

Agreed. Anything that encourages use of the word "noob" should not be implemented :)

lpinkus

That Golden Star thing sounds really good :P

Heres my option

Shining diamond( :D ) played over 4 years

Golden star: played over 3 years

Silver star: played over 2 years

Bronze star: played over 1 year

Black star: played less that a year

No star at all: played less than 6months

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

I don't think it's a good idea. It's stupid and unnecessary. Jagex may not even have a way of keeping track of who has been playing since when. Such a system serves no purpose.

You think that it's not idea because You don't know what's feeling when some newbie who started since rs2 was launched, makes 150mill xp and 123 combat in 5 months and starts posting on forums with big mouth: ' haha owned ' and like that.... while you was working 6 months non stop to get 100 combat in rsc.

and to stop it, some little icon, such as star, would solve everything.

peace out.

Don't you [bleep]ing dare think you have the right to tell me how to think or why I think that way. I used to play Runescape in the beginning of 2002. I played since before members was around. I now have a new account. I think this is a stupid idea mainly because it promotes elitism. People will say "I've been playing for longer so I'm better than you". People like you who need to have a way of feeling superior to other players are ruining Runescape. If you can't deal with people calling you a noob, who gives a [bleep]? That's your own fault; Jagex shouldn't have to adapt to your insecurities.

I don't know, I don't care, and I am ready to tell you I own and pwn and **n you anyways. Let's take it to the wilderness or duel arena, I kick you to Sweden. You are a hax if you have a scythe or bunny ears. And you are a liar if you have played for more than 3 weeks, since I started a week ago.

That was from an original newstarter with high stats.

Oh.

You do have a shining star. What does that mean?

Why did you call me noob?

:(

:cry:

Why are you so mean.

I am just new, and I can't know. I am just curious about it.

That's from a random new player with good manners after the stars are released.

Does the invisible chatter in text two, the one who is so mean to the randomer, deserve ANYTHING special? He already has his jerky attitude, and can pwn you with it.

In text one, why does the insulted one need a star? To strike back. Naw, ignore list is there - you know when you are better acting player than others, and if others are trying to make you to bad mood, you are very free to ignore them immediately.

Also.

If those stars would be released, then Jagex would get 22 millions of messages from players who want one immediately.

Ignore all earlier said.

Use your bunny ears and scythes.

Tada.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I don't know, I don't care, and I am ready to tell you I own and pwn and **n you anyways. Let's take it to the wilderness or duel arena, I kick you to Sweden. You are a hax if you have a scythe or bunny ears. And you are a liar if you have played for more than 3 weeks, since I started a week ago.

That was from an original newstarter with high stats.

Oh.

You do have a shining star. What does that mean?

Why did you call me noob?

:cry:

Why are you so mean.

I am just new, and I can't know. I am just curious about it.

That's from a random new player with good manners after the stars are released.

Does the invisible chatter in text two, the one who is so mean to the randomer, deserve ANYTHING special? He already has his jerky attitude, and can pwn you with it.

In text one, why does the insulted one need a star? To strike back. Naw, ignore list is there - you know when you are better acting player than others, and if others are trying to make you to bad mood, you are very free to ignore them immediately.

Also.

If those stars would be released, then Jagex would get 22 millions of messages from players who want one immediately.

Ignore all earlier said.

Use your bunny ears and scythes.

Tada.

Bloody well said.

• 2 weeks later...

i whas playing 4 years ago hell when i joined the black knight whas the strongest monster in rs that is rsc!!! not those blk knights lvl 33 from rs2

so what then should i get 2 stars or just a 23 lvl boost :P