armoured zombies vs zombie monkeys.

aerendil

The faster of the 2 is Zombie monkeys no doubt about it. No matter what method you use for AZ's the zombie monkies always surpass it in exp. The only reason people do AZ's is because of the profit whereas with zombie monkies you loss money.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I would reccomend armoured zombies over zombie monkeys because I love the money. When I got 92-99 strength I made atleast 200-300k a trip which is like 2 hours.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Each have pros and cons

Zombie Monkeys

Pros

Uncrowded

Fast Exp

Multicombat for combat familar training exp add-on

Somewhat AFK-able

Cons

Requires tons of prayer pots (even without piety)

No charms

No drops

Requires tricky quest to be unlocked (for ape atoll teleport)

Armoured Zombies

Pros

Fast Exp

With 2x heal prayer, bunyip, and enhanced excaliber food is used only for emergencies

Near alter

Good dropper of Blue charms

Good drops overall

Cons

Fairly crowded

Not multicombat

Not as AFKable as ZM

I liked training at ZM. I went from 70-77 there for atk/def/str. The only two major problems I had with it were its lack of charms and the cost in prayer potions. AZ are my choice for the moment b/c of piety and the drops. AZ edges out ZM for me b/c of my need for charms, and b/c of the bonuses of piety.

Now it is tough to say if the "edge" given by piety is balanced out by the additional exp given by having a combat familiar, but for me I like having piety.

So to sum up, *if* you can afford prayer pots enough to do piety at ZM and *if* you don't mind the loss of charms then I would suggest ZM.

curmudgeony.png

How would you lose doing zombie monkeys, if you use the monkeys beneath the temple and recharge your prayer there wouldn't your cost be 0gp?

Well even with a ton of prayer boosting gear, the rate of drain is such that you would need to recharge so frequently that the pauses--to go up and get past the gorillas (who can block movement) then charge and get back down--would defeat the speed of the training.

curmudgeony.png