Adventures of Lo

Princess Viola

Adventures of Lo is an RPG I am making for a school project using RPG Maker XP.

The plot of the game is that you are Lo a seemingly normal 17 year old from an average small town (Complete with an old perv) until one day (the date the game begins) and his childhood friend Aerith asks to see him. She tells him that the King of all people wants to see them. Upon arriving to the castle, they discover that the King has been attacked and his last words are "Copeck Town" As Lo and Aerith travel to Copeck Town, they are ambushed by thieves. The leader of the thieves introduces him as Marx and asks them what they are doing on his turf. They explain there dilemma and Marx (reluctantly) decides to help them because his parents were murdered.

That's the story so far.

Screenshots

adventuresoflo.png

adventuresoflo2.png

adventuresoflotablet.png

You can download a pre-beta-gamma-zeta-release-feedback-testing-version-type of the game here. http://rapidshare.com/files/276984681/A ... _of_Lo[Caution: Executable File]

Did you ever finish that other game you were making a long [wagon] time ago?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

That is such a cliche story, holy [cabbage].

That's what I was thinking while I was reading it.

Also, why does this guy who is going to rob them suddenly help them? His parents being murdered has nothing to do with anything going by what you said; he just has a miraculous turn of heart.

There better be dinosaurs.

Have Philosorapter make an appearance.

Just fill it with memes.

I want Xzibit in it as well.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

That is such a cliche story, holy [cabbage].

That's what I was thinking while I was reading it.

Also, why does this guy who is going to rob them suddenly help them? His parents being murdered has nothing to do with anything going by what you said; he just has a miraculous turn of heart.

Well, that was just the basic story.

In the full version of the game, it's probably gonna take about 10-20 minutes to get from your hometown to Copeck as apposed to the 1 minute or less of going through 2 maps. He'll join your party because he knows the woods and protects you and at the end, when you reach Copeck decides to stay with you.

AKA MOST. OVERUSED. PLOT. EVER.

If you have the time, I recommend you look at the topic I have for the rpgxp game I've been working on! (Enex2, you can acess it by clicking the picture in my signature!)

Your story looks decent. It's a bit cliche but nowadays what isn't? The main problem I see is with your mapping. Why would a house have that much empty space? There's no need for a small farm village house to be a mini mansion, especially if they don't put anything in it. Peasant houses are usually quite small. Try using the ceiling tool.

The same goes for many of yours maps. Nature is random and cluttered, so add more scenery. It's also just plain prettier to look at. You can use some maps of mine (I have many screenshots posted) as examples if you like.

A final comment is the map with the rain. The trees would never grow in such a straight line in nature, so stagger them a bit. Also, if it's raining, the sky should also be a little darker. I recommend also using a slight fog overlay to act as clouds.

Good luck with your game, and if you need more help I recommend you go to http://www.hbgames.org/forums/index.php. It's a forum for people making rpgmaker games (Last time I checked it, it was named Rmxp.org. I've been away too long :x)

If you're looking to play what is quite frankly an utterly inspiring rpgmaker xp game, showing you the level of quality you should expect to make, try going to http://freebirdgames.com/ and playing the game called "Quintessence." It is through playing inspiring games like that one that I greatly improved myself, and I recommend you try that too. Some other masterpeice rpgmakerxp games involve "U.S.G. A new Beginning" and "Master of the Wind." Try them out if youre bored and need inspiration!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8