Ranging Spiritual Mages?

tylersk8shop

Alright so I felt like killing some spiritual mages and seeing as my range was low I tried a ranging trip. I didn't know anything about ranging them so I just threw on some gear I thought of and tried it out, Heres the gear I used.

090914161021.png

(That was ~280 kills). I'm just looking for some tips and such for ranging these now, Thanks!

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

If I aint mistaken you can tank them without the need of prayer, my friend does it anyway. He brings along a Sara Owl and uses a Zammy book, and the rest is normal range gear.

Err.. That is pretty nice btw

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Check out the AOW there's a guide on safespot ranging them - no prayer needed.

For Zamorak ones your gear looks OK, maybe void, stole and book instead if you have void?

By the way pick up astral runes and maybe take range potions. Knives may be better than rune crossbow.

imagangster.png

Yah you can kill them without them attacking you.

Right when you get down the rope there are 3-4 mages to the west(toward saragodwars) so between the rope and saragodwars the sara mages are attacking stuff around there and when they are attacking something and u attack them they wont attack you until they kill the enemy.

i would wear

Best-nextbest-worst

Arma Helm-sara/zammy coif-archer

sara/zammy dhide chest-black dhide

sara/zammy dhide legs- black dhide

barrows gloves-sara/zammy vamps

ROW

Fury-sara/zammy stole-glory

snakeskin boots

unholy, holy book

You will need to have sara and zammy item for sure bandos and arma you will be able to get away without

happy hunting

Yah you can kill them without them attacking you.

Right when you get down the rope there are 3-4 mages to the west(toward saragodwars) so between the rope and saragodwars the sara mages are attacking stuff around there and when they are attacking something and u attack them they wont attack you until they kill the enemy.

i would wear

Best-nextbest-worst

Arma Helm-sara/zammy coif-archer

sara/zammy dhide chest-black dhide

sara/zammy dhide legs- black dhide

barrows gloves-sara/zammy vamps

ROW

Fury-sara/zammy stole-glory

snakeskin boots

unholy, holy book

You will need to have sara and zammy item for sure bandos and arma you will be able to get away without

happy hunting

Only need a Sara/Zammy item, I've done this before.

Sumondskull6.png

Here's what I used:

Full Void Ranged

Accumulator

Fury

Black Knives

Unholy Book

Snakeskin Boots

I brought 2 ranging potions (4), a teleport, Holy Wrench, four open inventory spots, and 20 prayer potions (4). I prayed magic and eagle eye. I killed about 250 an hour.

Even if you don't decide to use eagle eye, black knives are much faster kills even without it. Mages are pathetically weak to range.

EDIT: last time I checked, the Bandos Mages have been "fixed"

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=744300

This is the guide that's been mentioned incase you couldn't find it.

Just fyi the changes in the Engine has made luring monsters ever so SLIGHTLY different, and now the bandos safespot is pretty much nerfed. You can still kill one of them (Southern one?) but you need to have the style put on long range, and that makes it less efficient then zammy/sara ones.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots