A Shield for Melee Combat?

Kinosjourney

Im back from a 2-3 month break from RS and when i logged on i leveled 78 defence. Then i went to GE and sell my current gear (torags) which i got 300k profit from when i bought it a couple of months ago then i looked for shields on GE and it struck me that there arent any shields avaible at a low price except Dragon SQ Shield. Is it worth it to do legends for dragon sq and have it for training? ive been using defender all the time for melee combat for 2 years now and it gets pretty old ;)

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Im back from a 2-3 month break from RS and when i logged on i leveled 78 defence. Then i went to GE and sell my current gear (torags) which i got 300k profit from when i bought it a couple of months ago then i looked for shields on GE and it struck me that there arent any shields avaible at a low price except Dragon SQ Shield. Is it worth it to do legends for dragon sq and have it for training? ive been using defender all the time for melee combat for 2 years now and it gets pretty old ;)

The Rune Defender is the best shield item for training. Period. All other shields are specialized. If you replace your defender with a dragon square, you'll be severely downgrading.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The Rune Defender is the best shield item for training. Period. All other shields are specialized. If you replace your defender with a dragon square, you'll be severely downgrading.

OK, cause i think that Defender gets a bit old. Jagex really should add some good shield at lvl 70~ def that are cheap (1-2M).

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Only shields I use are defender, spirit (for ranging) and granite/crystal (DKS maging or avis)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

personally, I would recoment the obsidian sheild, (cant remember name of it tho) as it basically a mix between a rune defender and a granite sheild, but i think it just wongrades magic attack a bit mroe than sheild. and they only really cost about 150-200k atm, so its worth investing in them!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

personally, I would recoment the obsidian sheild, (cant remember name of it tho) as it basically a mix between a rune defender and a granite sheild, but i think it just wongrades magic attack a bit mroe than sheild. and they only really cost about 150-200k atm, so its worth investing in them!

Do not do this... They're being merched by Smokin Mils so will be impossible to buy, and dont put an offer in, as when they 'dump' the items, you'll be stuck with an item falling at like 70k a day.

Also, the shield is nothing like the defender... I mean, it has the same +Str bonus, but thats in.

Defender wins over everything... Unless you're fighting monsters with very, very high defence.

Rune Defender - best shield for melee. DFS is only useful for melee for killing dragons (and even now that's obsolete with 83? herblore).

Don't bother with obsidian shields or spirit shields - unless you can afford Elysian or Divine. But given that you're looking for a cheap shield, those are probably out of the question!