Stabbing weapons against dragons

Aneron

Third Help & Advice topic today haha. It's been well-known for awhile that metal dragons are weak to stabbing weapons. This is one of the reasons that the new super antifire potions are amazing; they let you use the zamorakian spear to crush (well, stab) mithril dragons and the like. I was wondering if this weakness to stab attacks extends to chromatic (non-metallic) dragons. A friend killing black dragons on slayer task with a z spear said he was destroying them, but he was also using an extreme set, black mask, and piety lol. Does anyone know for certain?

All dragons are weak to stab. They're also weak to ranged. Piercing attacks are apparently effective on dragons, although for some reason this weakness doesn't extend to armour made from their hides. (D'hide armour is weakest against slash.)

Before this update, it was best to use a whip against green, blue, and red dragons. You could have use z spear against blacks if you wanted to tank with antifires+mage prayer. Irons were still better with whip than LBS, but steels were close; I dont know which was better then.

Now Z spear is better on all metals, but I am not sure if a GS is better or not for blacks, although I would imagine not.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I would say gs>zs on irons/steels/brutal green dragons because of the prayer bonus. Verac's is useful for them too though, but I can't make any comparisons.

Not really true, Before update I tested Z spear at irons. Killed in a few hits, I believe average was around 5-6. I only managed to kill a few, as I only brought 4 monks, but very fast kills.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

All dragons are weak to stab. They're also weak to ranged. Piercing attacks are apparently effective on dragons, although for some reason this weakness doesn't extend to armour made from their hides. (D'hide armour is weakest against slash.)

Seems to be an artifact of the combat triangle. Warriors are weak to crushing (unless countering that with chain for less overall defence), Rangers are weak to slash, and mages are weak to piercing. And just so happens dragons are warrior/mage.

Apparently as well, it only takes changing the attack style in many cases to make warrior damage strong against anything in the triangle.

Anyone tested whip and defender?

Persumably leaf blade + defender would top even that.

There's no point in lbs and defender because z spear is better.

Proof? I'd like to see some evidence.

Its rather obvious. Compare the stats and the speed. Duh.

Stonewall337.png

There's no point in lbs and defender because z spear is better.

Proof? I'd like to see some evidence.

Its rather obvious. Compare the stats and the speed. Duh.

Sorry, I kind of misreplied. What I meant to say was:

Is there any proof that ZSpear is stronger against dragons than Whip/Defender? I realize that they are weaker to stab, but is +101 Slash possibly more accurate than +85 Stab?