What is AFk

Themooingcow666

Ok so i got a question, I hate to sound like a noob, but what EXACTLY is AFK training? I hear people saying you can get banned for it but i don't really understand what it is.

I mine or wc or w/e i do while on the phone and looking at forums or tip.it. and I have no idea if this is afk or not, I just don't want to get banned.

Thank you :)

Orion

Themooingcow.png

AFK means Away From Keyboard. So I'm assuming that it's training that you can do while you're not at the computer. You can sometimes see people maging spiders/mice/rats around the Lumbridge area, this is extreme AFK training. Some might say that AFK training is training while you're looking through forums or something of the sort. I haven't heard of anyone getting banned for it, but there might have been some cases.

My Private Chat is always on..Feel free to add me..=)

Rune_Reapr15.png

I_B_Zacky.png

An example of AFK (Away From Keyboard) is the people who train on Spiders in the underground cellar of Lumbridge.

They have set their computer to mirror a command it was told possibly hours, or even days ago and they repeat it - infinitely. The computer carries on mirroring it's command, while the user is out playing, cooking or even sleeping.

It gives people an unfair advantage, as they gain exp for doing absolutely nothing, which is why in some rare cases people get banned for it.

Simple things like playing RS with another window up, and flipping through them is not AFK. You are still at the keyboard, and are still clicking and using up your own time.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

An example of AFK is the people who train on Spiders in the underground cellar of Lumbridge.

Like how would they do that if there away from the keyboard?

Wouldn't they have to click on the spiders in order to kill them?

They use a program that does it for them.

Macroers, as we call them.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Afk training, is as was stated, training without being at the computer. Anyone who bots/macros is going to be banned, the new thing that came up a few months ago, was a way to train magic by using a cheap low level strike spell while wearing full rune armor. This allows you to 'splash' even shot and do no damage, but b/c the spider in lumby celler or rat at clan was is engaging you in combat (hitting 0s) you don't log out. And therefore can gain magic exp. Although I wouldn't recomend it b/c it's like 4 months old now and jagex probley has a counter for it already.

An example of AFK is the people who train on Spiders in the underground cellar of Lumbridge.

thorin_328.png

"Maybe someone should help you with that."

"Sir, I'm president of the Electronics club,

the math club, and the chess club, if

there's a bigger nerd in here, please, point him out."

Cruising forums, reading a book or watch television while playing is ok, as long as you stay at the keyboard.

Like the above mentioned; leaving the keyboard for hours/days while a macroprogram or other means of cheating, do the playing for you - thats a bannable offense and will be detected sooner or later.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Nope they just have a 65 or higher magic negative and they'll never kill the spider so they never have to click anything until they come back.

They only need a web browser and thats it, no macro'ing programs or anything.

If your wondering its been estimated at about 7k exp per hour.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

AFK = Away From Keyboard.

Although not against Jagex rules, this actually makes training harder since you are not in front of the keyboard. In addition, things like random events may occur during AFK time, hence AFK training is not recommended regardless of skill.

In short: Do not AFK.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Nope they just have a 65 or higher magic negative and they'll never kill the spider so they never have to click anything until they come back.

They only need a web browser and thats it, no macro'ing programs or anything.

If your wondering its been estimated at about 7k exp per hour.

Magesplashing spiders, for instance in lumby basement, with low mage stats are great training, but sadly many many players do this the illegal way by afk'ing.

It is against the rules to be away from your keyboard for hours, and if a jmod or a playermod suspect a player of afk'ing they will check him or her up closer. If the player who is suspected of afk'ing doesn't reply to a jmod or a pmod's questions/querys (you can't ignore jmods or pmods) after a reasonable time, they could risk permanent ban (which have happened to thousends of accounts already).

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

You can't get banned for AFK training because there is no proof or evidence that you were ever away from the keyboard. The truth is, it's Jagex scare factor that keeps too many people from doing it.

Although you never know, Jagex might go old school on you. They do have to ability to teleport your character to a special Mod Room. Chances are, if you were to log out after being teleported you will be banned on the spot. I wish they would start doing this again. Maybe they could get 2 or 3 JMods to world hop and teleport anyone attacking spiders with mage and armor in the lumbridge cellar.

Stellactic.gif

You can't get banned for AFK training because there is no proof or evidence that you were ever away from the keyboard. The truth is, it's Jagex scare factor that keeps too many people from doing it.

Although you never know, Jagex might go old school on you. They do have to ability to teleport your character to a special Mod Room. Chances are, if you were to log out after being teleported you will be banned on the spot. I wish they would start doing this again. Maybe they could get 2 or 3 JMods to world hop and teleport anyone attacking spiders with mage and armor in the lumbridge cellar.

Yes getting banned isn't exactly the most likely thing to happen.

But the fact is, Jagex can do whatever they please with your account.

After all, your account is just data, data which they own and have legal rights to do just about whatever they want with it.

You think they need proof to ban you? Of course they don't.