Herblore, Prayer, Magic...

Blutters

I am trying to decide between buying 99 Herblore (from 65) or 99 Prayer (from 76).

Which is more useful for more situations? I'm leaning towards Herblore, but Prayer is also part of my goal of maxed combat.

Further to those, how much would 96 and 99 Herblore (respectively) cost? Recommend a guide if you can, please.

With the advent of Extreme Magic Potions, how are Rock Lobsters affected in terms of speed and training?

Would 94 to 99 be made significantly faster?

Depending on the cost of Herblore, I'm currently thinking:

96/99 Herblore, 80/85/90 Prayer, 99 Magic (this one's a given with any plan)...

---

I feel like I can finally keep a long-term goal! :D :grin:

[unrelated]

When are H'Ween Masks going to go back up?

Will someone here please sell me an Onyx Ring, Onyx, or Uncut Onyx?

Any input is appreciated, as long as it doesn't veer off topic completely.

2dgucz6.png

Well, with the new update Herblore has become much more usefull than Prayer. I will however add that training Herblore now is foolish. Every other wealthy player is doing this at the moment causing the costs to sky rocket. Wait a month before doing herblore. Prayer however does have its uses. 99 Prayer makes a big difference at GWD (Specially Bandos). And i cant imagine that the new potions make too much of a difference in the speed of training. Maybe a slight difference, but nothing to get exxcited about.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Well, with the new update Herblore has become much more usefull than Prayer. I will however add that training Herblore now is foolish. Every other wealthy player is doing this at the moment causing the costs to sky rocket. Wait a month before doing herblore. Prayer however does have its uses. 99 Prayer makes a big difference at GWD (Specially Bandos). And i cant imagine that the new potions make too much of a difference in the speed of training. Maybe a slight difference, but nothing to get exxcited about.

Well, yes, but if they allow for them to be used in PvP situations then the demand won't die off for quite some time yet, or even ever...

2dgucz6.png

Well, yes, but if they allow for them to be used in PvP situations then the demand won't die off for quite some time yet, or even ever...

They are not allowed in PvP though, so alot of the Hype will die down. Alot of the people (like me) never saw a use fo high Herblore and now that there is a use for it some pople might just spend the money to get it. The people who do so will do it now while its still fresh and new. Within a month there will be 5 thousand new Herblore Capes, the hype will be gone and the Prices back to normal.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

They are not allowed in PvP though, so alot of the Hype will die down. Alot of the people (like me) never saw a use fo high Herblore and now that there is a use for it some pople might just spend the money to get it. The people who do so will do it now while its still fresh and new. Within a month there will be 5 thousand new Herblore Capes, the hype will be gone and the Prices back to normal.

Yes, but if they overturn their recent decision and allow for them to be used in PvP, even if that excludes PK'ing worlds, even more demand would be created. So, even though they're rising now, they could very well still be rising in a month from now.

2dgucz6.png

My guess would be that Prayer costs will keep on rising in the next few months, so getting that out of the way before Drag Bones rise even more would save you money. Once you have earned the money back and are able to buy 99 Herblore, the hype probably has died down a bit and you will be able to get it for cheaper.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Stock up for prayer (its the last skill on there high level update list I believe) as you'll make a profit either way.

Herblore is nice, but the cost:reward ratio is rubbish until 84 as you can simply by the potions for less.

Prayer on the other hand helps a lot in pretty much any combat situation. Each level adds a small reward with each 4 levels adding a bigger more noticeable reward.

However I would highly recommend 88 summoning before you spend your money on herblore or prayer (a much much greater instant reward).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Thank you for the replies, but before I set down any path, could someone please give me a guide to Herblore training or a rough cost of getting 95 Herblore (from 65)?

I wouldn't mind completely leveling my bank if I could get both! :razz:

2dgucz6.png

A "guide" for herblore training? Why would you need a guide for it? Unless you want gather your own ingredients, just buy everything from the GE and make potions. If you want to gather (some) of your ingredients, I suggest farming herbs only. That gives pretty decent xp and money, (almost) all other methods are slow, boring and give no xp.

For a general cost analysis, this "calculator" is pretty handy.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

From what friends who have 99 herblore have told me the new potions arent worth the use and are just good xp. But thats just what they have said. I would rather have 99 prayer if I had the choice between the two because it can aid you in so many places. Its all preference though. If you really want 99 herblore then go for.

Low_C.png

Just as a side note, they won't allow the new potions to be PVP. If they do, herb will need to be added to the combat level, otherwise you could get a level 3 with much higher levels. Unless they make the potions tradeable.

I'd say go in stages, for whichever will be most useful for you.

With 80 prayer, I am fine at any GWD boss. I dont need prayer pots/super rests. I also have SGS. Prayer though is still better.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'd get (in this order):

90 prayer

90 herblore

99 magic (through barraging rock lobs with the magic pots you can make at 90 herblore + greenman's ale).

On the order: prayer first, while you wait for herblore prices to settle (buy your vials already though, and perhaps some herbs which you think will stay high).

Then herblore cause you need the magic pots. Then magic, where you will use your herblore (and your prayer a little).

Barraging with the new pots must be insane (haven't tried it, but I will). You will be getting over 220 crimsons an hour normally + a hefty amount of magic and hp experience. Nothing can top this in my opinion.

A "guide" for herblore training? Why would you need a guide for it? Unless you want gather your own ingredients, just buy everything from the GE and make potions. If you want to gather (some) of your ingredients, I suggest farming herbs only. That gives pretty decent xp and money, (almost) all other methods are slow, boring and give no xp.

Well, the highest level potion you can make is not always the most effective. They have guides for other skills that have everything already figured out, like 'do such and such until such and such level, which will cost X GP'. I could figure out everything on my own, although that would take longer, and I might be wrong and not actually be making the most efficient potion. I'm sure someone has done an in-depth analysis over what potions sell best, lose the least amount of money, and are most effective from one level to another. They had guides like that for Summoning, although admittedly, Summoning has many more variables than does Herblore.

I do expect them to overturn their decision, at least for Castle Wars, Clan Wars, Soul Wars, and other safe minigames, likely before the end of the month, causing even more people to go after it, lengthening the inflated prices of ingredients. To be honest, the 40% Magic damage bonus seems like it would be significant at Rock Lobsters, which I would need to kill to get the charms for 88 Summoning and 99 Magic anyway. The Overload Potion would then also aid me on Slayer tasks from which I can gain further charms and money that can go towards training Prayer. Also, I would gain many herbs that I could actually finally use from Slayer. However, perhaps someone could explain why exactly the cost of Prayer is rising so much? Dragon Bones cost three times what they used to...

I'd get (in this order):

90 prayer

90 herblore

99 magic (through barraging rock lobs with the magic pots you can make at 90 herblore + greenman's ale).

On the order: prayer first, while you wait for herblore prices to settle (buy your vials already though, and perhaps some herbs which you think will stay high).

Then herblore cause you need the magic pots. Then magic, where you will use your herblore (and your prayer a little).

Barraging with the new pots must be insane (haven't tried it, but I will). You will be getting over 220 crimsons an hour normally + a hefty amount of magic and hp experience. Nothing can top this in my opinion.

Sounds perfect to me! :thumbsup:

2dgucz6.png

Well, the highest level potion you can make is not always the most effective. They have guides for other skills that have everything already figured out, like 'do such and such until such and such level, which will cost X GP'. I could figure out everything on my own, although that would take longer, and I might be wrong and not actually be making the most efficient potion. I'm sure someone has done an in-depth analysis over what potions sell best, lose the least amount of money, and are most effective from one level to another. They had guides like that for Summoning, although admittedly, Summoning has many more variables than does Herblore.

I do expect them to overturn their decision, at least for Castle Wars, Clan Wars, Soul Wars, and other safe minigames, likely before the end of the month, causing even more people to go after it, lengthening the inflated prices of ingredients. To be honest, the 40% Magic damage bonus seems like it would be significant at Rock Lobsters, which I would need to kill to get the charms for 88 Summoning and 99 Magic anyway. The Overload Potion would then also aid me on Slayer tasks from which I can gain further charms and money that can go towards training Prayer. Also, I would gain many herbs that I could actually finally use from Slayer. However, perhaps someone could explain why exactly the cost of Prayer is rising so much? Dragon Bones cost three times what they used to...

I'd get (in this order):

90 prayer

90 herblore

Yes why exactly is it rising by like 3 times? I mean why is there such demand on dragon bones?

Chaotic_Claw.png

I'd get (in this order):

90 prayer

90 herblore

Yes why exactly is it rising by like 3 times? I mean why is there such demand on dragon bones?

Haha anyone?

Chaotic_Claw.png

The increased prices is done to 3 factors.

1. PvP drops - more money per hour = people willing to pay more

2. Less people playing compared to the summer holidays

3. The high level updates - everyone who has the money is leveling any low level capped skills (just prayer left now really) ready just incase.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]