New Game Engine

Youmu

I haven't made a rant in quite a long while, so I decided to make one.

So, you guessed it. This rant is about the new game engine, and I've decided to rant upon the problems upon them:

1) Lag-outs. Before the new game engine, I almost have no trouble with this. However, with the arrival of it, even simple chatting gives me the risk of lagging out. When playing minigames, the likelihood of lagging out is even worse, particularly because of most of the chatboxes and the clicking within the minigames. This has resulted me in penalties for the minigame, and even a drop in rating.

2) Delayed clicks. Before the new game engine, I had no problem with using and switching between items. Nowadays, whenever I firemake, I must keep my cursor on the tinderbox when I click it, or else the white outline does not appear. Things like pray flashing are also made harder because of this.

3) Choppy details. My desktop computer is new, but really bad at graphics. Before this engine, my desktop computer was quite manageable at HD resizeable (although it gets choppy in populated areas). Now, HD is near unplayable even in unpopulated areas, and even standard resizeable is choppy too, forcing me to play in fixed SD.

Conclusion? Well, the things that I have listed made certain things that I do quite unusable now. Jagex, please fix these problems with the new engine, so I can get used to playing the normal way again. :(

*puts on flame shield*

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

2) Delayed clicks. Before the new game engine, I had no problem with using and switching between items. Nowadays, whenever I firemake, I must keep my cursor on the tinderbox when I click it, or else the white outline does not appear. Things like pray flashing are also made harder because of this.

Haven't experienced the other two things you are ranting about, but this.. This seriously pisses me off.

Playing FoG is a pain now; I click on my Scimitar and back on my enemy just to see that I'm still Ranging him. -.-

Firemaking is a wee bit harder. Not that much, but it's still annoying to see your clicks had no effect whatsoever.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

The new engine screwed up all the positioning in GOP, making some spawns impossible to get orbs quickly.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I agree. Just changing weapons takes 2-3 clicks for me. Plus, The graphics seem worse that before. Anyone else notice that?

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

I agree. Just changing weapons takes 2-3 clicks for me. Plus, The graphics seem worse that before. Anyone else notice that?

Actually, the graphics are better now, but that's just about it.

As they say it, gameplay > graphics, and Jagex definitely messed up on that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

My biggest issue is that when I click between open windows, somehow RS registers a mouseclick somewhere in the game window and I run to it. I'm clicking on the tabs though, not the game. It's really annoying when in combat and trying to cruise these forums.

Oh, and I love when in my bank and I click to take out a tinderbox, I take out a chisel that's 4 rows down and 6 spaces to the right. -.-

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

2. Is extremely annoying.

The DK's are freaking next to impossible to safely solo mage without your either constantly praying or wait for about 2 minutes before you lure.

They all roam about 10 extra square and rex no is a lot smarter.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

My biggest issue is that when I click between open windows, somehow RS registers a mouseclick somewhere in the game window and I run to it. I'm clicking on the tabs though, not the game. It's really annoying when in combat and trying to cruise these forums.

Oh, and I love when in my bank and I click to take out a tinderbox, I take out a chisel that's 4 rows down and 6 spaces to the right. -.-

About the bank thing... :shock:

This has never ever happened to me before, lol.

Oh, and I use the Runescape client, so I don't experience the tab problem.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog