Is there a way to disable this?

Hawks

Sometimes (rather, a lot of times), when I scroll (at least I think; not sure what causes it, generally does it while I'm scrolling or switching tabs/programs/windows) Firefox takes the current tab and moves it to a new window. Not having a ton of free RAM to do so willy-nilly, (plus it's pointless and annoying) I'd like to disable this feature if possible. Can someone tell me how to do so, or point me to an add-on which disables it? I'm using Firefox 3.5 on Windows 2000.

EDIT: Also I randomly get times where FF will not shut any tabs and I have to restart it to not have excessive amounts of tabs open. Is there a way to fix this/is it a known problem?

I have the exact same problem now and then but unfortunately I got no idea what triggers it. I can't even find a pattern to it. So any ideas and I'll be eternally grateful.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

If it helps diagnose the problem at all, I noticed that it's especially triggered when you scroll up and down quickly with the mouse pointer on the bar, also I think it happens more if I'm loading other tabs or the current tab. When using the scroll wheel I don't have a problem.

Looks to me like Firefox 3.5.* still has some bugs, which I find weird because of what they usually do to not have bugs. Anyway, still on Firefox 3 here and never had any of those problems. I could recommend downgrading to that version of Firefox until the problem is found.

I found the tearing of tabs into new windows to be an annoyance as well and installed this ad-on to disable the feature.

Also I randomly get times where FF will not shut any tabs and I have to restart it to not have excessive amounts of tabs open. Is there a way to fix this/is it a known problem?

I haven't had this happen before so I'm not quite sure what causes it.

Hope the ad-on at least helps you somewhat. :)