22-Oct-2009 Web Page Security

khil01

Following yesterdays update to the web page login form, we have introduced two more changes to our websites.

When logging in to website features, such as the forums, we now have Extended Validation SSL certificates, which will turn the address bar green in most browsers: Extended Validation involves a rigorous checking procedure so you can be sure that data is securely transferred and that the owner of the website is who they say they are.

In addition to this, we have changed the internal addresses of some of our pages, so you may want to update your bookmarks if you have any. The old addresses will continue to work for the time being.

saw no one had posted this yet, nice little change.

If this topic already exists a mod can lock please.

...I don't get it.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

...I don't get it.

Jagex made it so when you view the forums and other parts of there site, its more Secure =D

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

It's always been secure, it's just securer now. Probably a good thing in the long run, all those parent's saying it's not safe now have an official green validation :D

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

...I don't get it.

Basically now anytime you log in with your your username and password on the main site you can look up to the URL bar and see that it is green which shows that the website is authentic. Now if you ever are unsure whether or not you are actually on the legitimate Runescape site you can just check your URL bar before logging in :)

Runescape scam websites are going to find it a lot harder to steal anyone's passwords now. :thumbup:

Woot! This should put an end to those godawful RS scam sites, and convince people that Runescape is virus-free. :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Wow, cool.

I see very little discussion value here so I'm just going to post to make my dwarfed post count for nearly 5 years of being here larger!

Not that anyone with half a brain ever fell for a scam site.. It should help those who aren't as mentally proficient!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum