Arcanists!

Guest Rob

Why do some many people specialize in the book of Storm through the only thing they ever do is Shock Bomb over and over or Shock Shield with brine or drain both of which are skill-less tactics and if they can't use them they suck so bad atleast Conducter Rod had a turn wait and used full storm now.

skill less? its just a very large portion of the metagame. I've never had a problem fighting shock bomb or such.

I have no problem with them its just pointless to use the same spell over and over and ruin there skills. <_<

If using only Shock Bomb the entire match works, it's because the player getting hit by the Shock Bombs is a n00b for not avoiding it. If it doesn't work, it's because the player using the Shock Bombs is a n00b for thinking it would. Either way, somebody seriously sucks at Arcanists.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I have a piece of advice for anybody seeking wands(not rating)

Play full seas with arcane imps on arcane crystals, 6 man game preferred.

Just wait until the Armageddon starts and then charge up yer imps.

On a game i win i usually get at least 6 wands.

And the most was 9.

I just got members on FunOrb; Have any tips for what books/spells to obtain first?

My opinions are based on the skill I have with certain spells.

I use frost, I find it very equal and that's what I like. There's no need to use the familiar, and the Sylph and Snow Giant are basically a 2nd player. The frost arrow is a powerful spell which in the right situations can knock an opponent from one end of the map to the other. And never forget an arrow is one of the best spells you can have.

Frost shards is cheap to the public, but is a good spell overall. Powerful and a tower-downer (exc. earthed/fortress)

And the tower was formally the best tower in the game, until the clock tower came.

Ice bomb REALLY stuffs people up in the situations that it works, snowball is great when you trap someone, if it implodes on their head it can do 80+ easily.

A few other spells that you may look out for, not books, spells..

Drain = a great spell overall, it has knockback thats decent enough to hit someone into the water on the edge.

Fireball = dont underestimate. the generic spell owns.

Flash = people call it cheap but it takes some skill.

Others are just dependant on your gameplay really.

Troac:

If using only Shock Bomb the entire match works, it's because the player getting hit by the Shock Bombs is a n00b for not avoiding it. If it doesn't work, it's because the player using the Shock Bombs is a n00b for thinking it would. Either way, somebody seriously sucks at Arcanists.

---

Actually, some people just use shock bomb whenever they can, and I mean can. They shoot it even when you're basically unbombable, hoping for a nice 80 and a watering.

I dont mind the spell but people who use it alot arent good at the game, and people not avoiding it? If you avoid shock bomb, you enter Fissure, Volcano if you're down, or you can safe like a time wasting jerk.

I dont like Mod Craddock tbh..

Anyway when I play arcanists I play for fun, so I dont do rateds often at all.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Actually, some people just use shock bomb whenever they can, and I mean can. They shoot it even when you're basically unbombable, hoping for a nice 80 and a watering.

I dont mind the spell but people who use it alot arent good at the game, and people not avoiding it? If you avoid shock bomb, you enter Fissure, Volcano if you're down, or you can safe like a time wasting jerk.

If they shoot it even when you're unbombable, they're being a n00b for wasting their turn, no?

The people not avoiding it can be forgiven the first time and maybe even the second time, but if they're repeatedly getting hit by shock bombs even after knowing it's in their book and getting the chance to position themselves, it's their own fault.

Shock Bomb is a powerful spell, but it's ridiculous to say that it can carry a spellbook on its own. Nobody can just shock bomb for a whole match and realistically expect to win because of it.

Shock Bomb is a powerful spell, but it's ridiculous to say that it can carry a spellbook on its own. Nobody can just shock bomb for a whole match and realistically expect to win because of it.

Do you even play Arcanists?

If theres even a little gap behind you someone can flight drop a shock bomb onto you, then you're watered.

Granted its hard to win a game just by shock bombs unless your opponent is stupid, but it isnt impossible, some maps just come with it.

If theres even a little gap behind you someone can flight drop a shock bomb onto you, then you're watered.

Granted its hard to win a game just by shock bombs unless your opponent is stupid, but it isnt impossible, some maps just come with it.

There is no map I can think of where it is possible to shock bomb somebody off the edge every turn no matter where they teleport, even if they don't hide underground.

Except for the crappy elven isles render.

The Flat version is pretty bad DK and Elf type stuff is pure murder the Comet is killer.

Full Seas is UBER POWERFUL.

Wish they would change it because regular Elven Isles agrees with me 99.9%.

There is no map I can think of where it is possible to shock bomb somebody off the edge every turn no matter where they teleport, even if they don't hide underground.

You know, Troac, there's really no point telling me i'm wrong. I've played since it started and im sure you've played long enough too, and it is the truth. The game is full of noobs doing whatever they can.

Anyway if you cant get shock bombed, you'll get MBd or frost sharded/brine bolted which all do their share of damage, unless of course you're underground.

You know, Troac, there's really no point telling me i'm wrong. I've played since it started and im sure you've played long enough too, and it is the truth. The game is full of noobs doing whatever they can.

Anyway if you cant get shock bombed, you'll get MBd or frost sharded/brine bolted which all do their share of damage, unless of course you're underground.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying PBPProductions is wrong.

Flight + Shock Bomb is probably a little overpowered (and pretty much the entire reason why I run Zero Shield), but I think that's more an issue with Flight than Shock Bomb, wouldn't you agree?

seriously? that's hardly fixed at all.

No, it's pretty much fine now. The main problem with it was that it was so easy to stand on top of somebody, hit them with Blast from the Past to make a hole, and headstuff a Conductor Rod. At the range you need for it now, it's no worse than Mega Boulder, which seems balanced enough.

how so? a vine bridge is fairly short and its not too hard to point and shoot. especially with flight.

It's sufficiently difficult that it isn't an auto-include in every spellbook to the point of heavily warping the game around it, which was the way things were before the nerf.

• 9 months later...