Arcanists!

Guest Rob

Guest Mrmegakirby

Arcanists. In my opinion, the greatest funorb game. I started playing it a few months after it came out, and I fell in love with it.

So, just discuss arcanists in general. Right now, I'm f2p, but I used to be a member. I'm currently on my 9th prestige hat, which was a big accomplishment for me.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a nice game at first through it just becomes a complete grind to keep your rating up and win wands I wish they would change how it works. :l

Really? It is?

I play Arcanists whenever I am getting frustrated with Runescape (the most recent case of this happening would be now). I've got a rating of around 1500, which i consider to be average, whether it is or not. I also have a level 5 prestige hat.

And yet... my favorite form of playing is blasting away with full cogs in unrated games.

Its only a grind if you make it one. My one goal in Arcanists is to win whatever match I am currently in.

Screw achievements.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I really never got "into" Arcanists. :P Multiplayer isn't really noob-friendly... or then I just simply suck at the game. :lol:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I just wish I could play rated games without having to worry about getting my rating too low I can't get wands. :unsure:

Also just slaughtered a lich. :P

Lichs are easy, its full stone that can be a pain (if the player knows what he/she's doing).

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

I just wish I could play rated games without having to worry about getting my rating too low I can't get wands. :unsure:

Also just slaughtered a lich. :P

Lichs are easy, its full stone that can be a pain (if the player knows what he/she's doing).

The thing that makes the lich hard is the insane healing.

Stone is such a waste 100 health and I'm only lowering the damage by 5 every hit good against bolts through it won't save you always.

i love Arcanists, but I'm horrible at it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Guest Mrmegakirby

Full stone is amazing, if you have the right spells to go with it... Get Den of Darkness, drain blast, arcane gate and cuckoo clock. After they can't use arcane gate for 5 more turns, mudball them, then den of darkness ontop of the mudball, and drain blast straight down. When you have +200 health, do the same thing, but with cuckoo clocks.

Full stone is amazing, if you have the right spells to go with it... Get Den of Darkness, drain blast, arcane gate and cuckoo clock. After they can't use arcane gate for 5 more turns, mudball them, then den of darkness ontop of the mudball, and drain blast straight down. When you have +200 health, do the same thing, but with cuckoo clocks.

What if they have Flash what if I can't sink them or make them gate.

I so like the Mantrap,Vine Bloom,Nature's Wrath,Entangle,Vine Bridge,Clockwork Soldier,Calling Bell combo more. :P

Guest Mrmegakirby

Hmm. Does anyone have a good strategy for just after you prestige? I find it damn near impossible to get 2250 rating using only fire and cog spells.

Hmm. Does anyone have a good strategy for just after you prestige? I find it damn near impossible to get 2250 rating using only fire and cog spells.

Learn some skillz. I was having a hard time after I prestieged so I practiced with bombs a lot. I'm a beast with bombs now though i'm a little out of practice.

i play 2 arcanists accounts, a member with 1.9k rating and 6th prestige and a f2p

honestly i find f2p more fun, because the battles are based on skill, not who has better spells. i also take delight in playing my f2p and beating members with him. i currently win about 90% of f2p matches

also @ full stone talk above; the main tactics i use against them is a: firewall on their castle (generall den of darkness) and hide untill they lose the tower, and then try to flash/napalm them into the water. you dont want to try and do direct damage to a stone, but rather keep them incapacitated (in the water)

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Practice full cogs in unrated games. It is actually pretty decent once you learn how to use the time spells correctly.

[/hide]

Imo, f2p Arcanists requires the most skill in anything Jagex has made thus far. It's a very theoretical game in terms of the strategy required. It's not like members where you can outgun the other guy.

I'm trying out cogs now, i lost rating so far, but im getting better.

Good man! Its all tactics. But I would recommend that you practice new books in unrated games.

[/hide]

Guest Mrmegakirby

Honestly, I've done it before, so I know how it works. Plus, not many members want to play 10 second games, so it's hard to get matches. But i found out blast from the past kicks [wagon] in mos' le harmless, because you can detonate those balls that the monkeys throw.

I played a few matches today. I'm starting to get some old skill back. 2 wands till full nature. I'm not good enough until I can launch a super cano close to my team and not hit them (i've done it before, more than once.)

Imo, f2p Arcanists requires the most skill in anything Jagex has made thus far. It's a very theoretical game in terms of the strategy required. It's not like members where you can outgun the other guy.

F2P Arcanists is shallower than P2P, though. I mean, there's really no viable defensive strategy in F2P, for example. P2P can require less skill if you use spells like Flight, Brine Bolt, and Aura of Decay that let you get sloppy, but some spells are pretty difficult. I mean, the whole ice book is basically a harder-to-aim version of the fire book, for example, and spells like Mega Boulder really reward skill.

Honestly, I've done it before, so I know how it works. Plus, not many members want to play 10 second games, so it's hard to get matches. But i found out blast from the past kicks [wagon] in mos' le harmless, because you can detonate those balls that the monkeys throw.

10 second games are pretty easy to find really, sure a BIT harder to get than others, but hell, if you end up against some1 who just forgot to change what times they can play, they either resign or get destroyed. either way, rating. the game is fast so extra time used getting into it is canceled out pretty much

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

F2P Arcanists is shallower than P2P, though. I mean, there's really no viable defensive strategy in F2P, for example. P2P can require less skill if you use spells like Flight, Brine Bolt, and Aura of Decay that let you get sloppy, but some spells are pretty difficult. I mean, the whole ice book is basically a harder-to-aim version of the fire book, for example, and spells like Mega Boulder really reward skill.

Defensively, there's a lot you can do. You and trap, tower, teleport, glyph, or gain initiative.