Arcanists!

Guest Rob

Imo, f2p Arcanists requires the most skill in anything Jagex has made thus far. It's a very theoretical game in terms of the strategy required. It's not like members where you can outgun the other guy.

F2P Arcanists is shallower than P2P, though. I mean, there's really no viable defensive strategy in F2P, for example. P2P can require less skill if you use spells like Flight, Brine Bolt, and Aura of Decay that let you get sloppy, but some spells are pretty difficult. I mean, the whole ice book is basically a harder-to-aim version of the fire book, for example, and spells like Mega Boulder really reward skill.

Defensively, there's a lot you can do. You and trap, tower, teleport, glyph, or gain initiative.

The trouble is that none of those are good. The opponent can negate any of those defenses in one turn of attacking, and then you're left right back where you started. You tower, I napalm, your tower dies. You glyph, I ignore the glyphs and attack right through them. You gate, I make a portal to wherever you gated. And gaining initiative? How are you going to do that if you aren't on the offensive?

The fact of the matter is that in f2p, the best defense really is a good offense.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo, f2p Arcanists requires the most skill in anything Jagex has made thus far. It's a very theoretical game in terms of the strategy required. It's not like members where you can outgun the other guy.

F2P Arcanists is shallower than P2P, though. I mean, there's really no viable defensive strategy in F2P, for example. P2P can require less skill if you use spells like Flight, Brine Bolt, and Aura of Decay that let you get sloppy, but some spells are pretty difficult. I mean, the whole ice book is basically a harder-to-aim version of the fire book, for example, and spells like Mega Boulder really reward skill.

Defensively, there's a lot you can do. You and trap, tower, teleport, glyph, or gain initiative.

The trouble is that none of those are good. The opponent can negate any of those defenses in one turn of attacking, and then you're left right back where you started. You tower, I napalm, your tower dies. You glyph, I ignore the glyphs and attack right through them. You gate, I make a portal to wherever you gated. And gaining initiative? How are you going to do that if you aren't on the offensive?

The fact of the matter is that in f2p, the best defense really is a good offense.

F2P is so more about how good you are with bombs,imps,and water than anything because your able to hit hard against while those small fire balls do less etc.

I'm only good with full fire (ten sec build and regular build), seas(Best stalling book period) And nature (Best rushing book period).

Quite frankly some full books just aren't as competitive.

Cog and storm for example.

In a flat plain, sure none of those defenses are good. But thankfully, they aren't.

It's hard to describe, but you actually do have a lot of defensive options if you use the terrain. And even if you didn't, that would means you're most likely out in the open, where you could flash your opponent offstage and gain initiative.

I'm only good with full fire (ten sec build and regular build), seas(Best stalling book period) And nature (Best rushing book period).

Quite frankly some full books just aren't as competitive.

Cog and storm for example.

Full fire is such an easy kill with mudball truthfully there too easy to kill.

Full seas is good for a couple reasons:

1: Its nice amount of high damage aerials.

2: Brine bolt enough said.

3: 4 max Hydrated Water Trolls = a 120 damage worth of BFTPs per turn.

4: Ocean's Fury more enough said.

5: Best Minion ingame.

Full nature gets to be such a gimmick through it has no aerials or high damages other than Mantap,Elves,and Thorn Bomb which are all real gimmicks.

Full cogs is more of a team support than anything.

Full storm free level 3 every turn and a easy 75 storm is too epic.

Guest Mrmegakirby

Full nature is deadly if you know how to use it. Used on the mos le'harmless course, with blast from the past, you are quite often invincable. Plus the whole one-hit kill deal with the elves.

Nature isn't designed to fight 1v1 with people. Nature is a support spellbook and should be used in team matches.

I beg to differ. I can win most 1v1 matches with full nature. You spawn them on a hill, then next turn cover them (your opponent), activate level 5 fungus (familiar) and blast them. Works wonders on towers, one can destroy the tower and both can kill your opponent with flurry. The only matches I lose with nature are against people with their books filled with shields that absorb the damage.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Nature isn't designed to fight 1v1 with people. Nature is a support spellbook and should be used in team matches.

I beg to differ. I can win most 1v1 matches with full nature. You spawn them on a hill, then next turn cover them (your opponent), activate level 5 fungus (familiar) and blast them. Works wonders on towers, one can destroy the tower and both can kill your opponent with flurry. The only matches I lose with nature are against people with their books filled with shields that absorb the damage.

I didn't mean it couldn't be done. Only it's better used that way.

Thats because people aren't very good with it...

They don't understand its strengths. heck, its main strength is stalling out your foe and drowning him. Not much can stand up to a full seas user at turn 8 or so. simply because they can hide anywhere.

I only run full fire because its great for team games. not so much for 1v1 because you have few close range attacks.

They don't understand its strengths. heck, its main strength is stalling out your foe and drowning him. Not much can stand up to a full seas user at turn 8 or so. simply because they can hide anywhere.

I only run full fire because its great for team games. not so much for 1v1 because you have few close range attacks.

I was always good with seas. But I don't like to just straight outgun the other guy. Seas is very good for that. I like toying with my prey.

That's one problem I had with mobilizing armies of RS. We couldn't say our own thoughts, no taunting others.

I was always good with seas. But I don't like to just straight outgun the other guy. Seas is very good for that. I like toying with my prey.

That's one problem I had with mobilizing armies of RS. We couldn't say our own thoughts, no taunting others.

I believe Jagex stated that MA could not have free chat due to technical restrictions.

ive been playing f2p arcanists for a while, and ive noticed that these days, very few people ever beat me. its strange, when i started i lost maybe 1/2 the games i played, now i lose maybe 1/20...i need a challenge

ne good f2p here who wana fight me?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I just got members on FunOrb; Have any tips for what books/spells to obtain first?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I just got members on FunOrb; Have any tips for what books/spells to obtain first?

Underdark is pretty good, as it gives you your drain bolt, your nice tower, and your aura of decay, all of which will fit nicely into any book with space for them. Stone is good as well--you get pebble shot, which is essential for blowing up towers, and mud ball and rock slab, very good stalling spells. So I'd go for Underdark and Stone first, and unlock Mega Boulder early on as well (and practice with it) because it steals games.

Seas is great as well, giving you brine bolt and deluge, but I wouldn't go for it first because those spells, while powerful, are similar in function to spells you already have in the book of fire, so they can wait a little longer. Same thing with Frost.

Once you unlock everything, go ahead and unlock Cogs if you're gonna keep playing rated games. Cuckoo Clock and Clock Tower are amazing, as you'll probably find out quickly playing against them.

Guest Mrmegakirby

I'd start by completing the fire book, then starting on the book of earth. In my opinion it's the easiest book to learn, and incredibly fun to use.

I'd start by completing the fire book, then starting on the book of earth. In my opinion it's the easiest book to learn, and incredibly fun to use.

Frost is truthfully the funniest book. :rolleyes:

Fun but hard to use. My version of fun is far more different. its having to draw a game because the game was going nowhere.

Why do some many people specialize in the book of Storm through the only thing they ever do is Shock Bomb over and over or Shock Shield with brine or drain both of which are skill-less tactics and if they can't use them they suck so bad atleast Conducter Rod had a turn wait and used full storm now.

Too bad the main problem is Flight which is mainly just used for bomb drops (mega boulder etc.) anything else is more of waste compared to it anymore even through there losing a spell that most of them never use. :l

When did Shock Bomb always hit 80 if hits you. <_<

Why do some many people specialize in the book of Storm through the only thing they ever do is Shock Bomb over and over or Shock Shield with brine or drain both of which are skill-less tactics and if they can't use them they suck so bad atleast Conducter Rod had a turn wait and used full storm now.

skill less? its just a very large portion of the metagame. I've never had a problem fighting shock bomb or such.

skill less? its just a very large portion of the metagame. I've never had a problem fighting shock bomb or such.

I have no problem with them its just pointless to use the same spell over and over and ruin there skills. <_<