First Time Member

darklink527

So after reaching my goal of 900 total level as f2p, I finally got members XP

So I wanted to get some suggestions as to I should do first.

My skills: http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=darklink527&submit=

So stuff I've done so far:

- Finished Lost City for D long sword and D dagger

- Finished the required quest to start Monkey Madness for the D Scimmy

- Finished Plagued City for Ardougne tele

- Just about finished Priest in Peril

Well that's about it XP

Please and thank you : D

Kill green dragons, sell the hides and bones. Best money at your level, once you get pretty good you can make a few hundred K an hour plus good combat xp. I would suggest killing them in the chaos tunnels, but look those up first, it may be confusing for a new member.

clansig7.gif

To the above poster, why would you start doing such tedious and mind numbing things straight away? Do so some quests, mini games or start slaying. All are great ways to learn more about the P2P side of the game.

OP asked for a decent way to make some cash. Green dragons are one of the best ways to make cash.

Also do Druid Ritual so you can train herblore. And also do Wolf Whistle so you can begin training summoning.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

To the above poster, why would you start doing such tedious and mind numbing things straight away? Do so some quests, mini games or start slaying. All are great ways to learn more about the P2P side of the game.

I agree, slayer is one of the best ways to make money and is the least tedious. Its fun getting different creatures to kill and hunt for. When you get the stats you should do Smoking Kills quest as soon as you can. After the quest is done, you will get a certain amount of points for every task you complete (depending on slayer master) and you can use these twords great things. Most of all have fun! :grin:

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

Read the OP's question above my post please.

clansig7.gif

Unlock the members' skills Herblore and Summoning with their respective quests.

Start farming right away - once you can farm ranarrs or toadflax you can make 125k+ in about 5 minutes every 80 minutes or so. Plants grow even while you're logged off or doing another activity, so it's a great way to make some money.

Do Priest in Peril and Ghosts Ahoy for an Ectophial.

Do Death Plateau, Troll Stronghold, and Edgar's Ruse for Trollheim Teleport.

Do My Arm's Big Adventure for an additional herb patch.

Play some minigames, have some fun.

Whow thanks for all the feedback guys.

I'll probably get started on Wolf Whistle and Druid Ritual then give Green Drags a go. I've been playing a few mini games and realized how potent ancient magic is in a lot of them @_@ I need to get those two more range levels for that black d hide armor lol

Whow thanks for all the feedback guys.

I'll probably get started on Wolf Whistle and Druid Ritual then give Green Drags a go. I've been playing a few mini games and realized how potent ancient magic is in a lot of them @_@ I need to get those two more range levels for that black d hide armor lol

Yeah ancients are extremely effective, Desert Treasure (the quest for ancients) is definitely something to keep in mind for the future.

And if you want to make ancients really mad buy a seercull bow, only about 100k, and spec them with the best arrows you have.

clansig7.gif

I still wouldn't recommend grinding any activity until you feel comfortable about having explored the different aspects of membership. Here's just a partial list of my recommendations, but feel free to do whatever you want or interests you in the first week:

Quests:

Hero's Quest (for dragon battleaxes and maces)

Fremennik Trials (to unlock lyre tele and fremennik helmets)

Throne of Miscellania (to unlock Manage Thy Kingdom for weekly profit)

Royal Trouble (to increase the number of workers in Kingdom and therefore profit)

Tears of Guthix (free xp per week to your lowest skill)

Fishing Contest/Giant Dwarf (starts dwarven quest line)

The Lost Tribe (starts cave goblin quest line)

I assume you've already started The Grand Tree, since that quest is required for Monkey Madness.

Minigames:

Castle Wars

Stealing Creation

Barbarian Assault

Pest Control

All the different Distractions and Diversions

Also, check out all the new guilds which you have access to.

For cash, you could take a look at my guide to level 1 clues through the link in my signature. Low skill requirements and fun to do.

Tact.gif

Thanks for that list of quests, very helpful.

I usually break up any monotonous activity after an hour or so and go play a mini game, mainly the ones you listed lol.

I have yet to run into any clue scrolls but I read over you guide anyway, I'll keep that in mind. I made a decent amount of money off green dragons, I'm probably gonna do pest control until my attack is 70 and then buy an abyssal whip.

Don't do Pest Control purely for xp. It's kinda terribly xp/hour. Instead, buy Range (And melee helm too, if you wish) void set. One of the best sets in the game, and it's technically free, before counting in things like opportunity cost.

Dare589.gif

Clickie the signature image for me blog.

Vox populi, vox dei.

I have read it and my post still stands, green dragons are mind numbing.

casual_john.png

I have read it and my post still stands, green dragons are mind numbing.

Obviously it wasn't clear to you then. He asked simply what was the best way to make money with the levels he had, and I told him. So that's why "I would start doing such tedious and mind numbing things." Unless you have a less mind-numbing, more lucrative form of making money. Had he asked how to learn more about the fun side of P2P my answer would be different.

clansig7.gif