Surge Spells- What About f2p?

ghost4sale1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say just give F2P magic Snare (50Magic) because thats all they really need to stand a chance against a Meleer.

Splitbark (or Mystic) and Snare would do perfectly I don't think Magic in F2P need much more to balance it perfectly in PVP.

All they need is some better armour so they have SOME defence (even if it's a little),and a decent bind to help keep Melee at bay (Melee own when up close so a Mage must be able to keep them away if they are to win against Melee.

But even without armour just giving them Snare will increase the Mages chances of winning a fight.

Zaroterasu.png

yeh great lets give ANOTHER reason why members should become f2p.... r u crazy? :blink:

You know, I can provide an excellent explanation of why you are totally wrong, but the way of how you wrote your post, I can only say this:

facepalm.gif

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I remember a topic like this being on the Runescape Forums. It drew the attention of many a Jagex Mod, who, interestingly enough, had split decisions about the topic. Some Mods said they were planning on releasing better armor and the wave spells in the near future(it's been 2 years now...). Others said they would have no plans to change the F2P combat triangle. One Jagex Mod had the nerve to say that with the right amount of skill and training, that F2P Magic can be *almost* as effective as melee. Melee on the other hand requiring minimal effort(click opponent, eat, repeat), is still better even to the most skilled of mages according to him. To be almost as good is not enough. I'd have to agree with the F2P triangle becoming/always has been a line.

I agree that they need a better binding spell like snare for example.

Putting split bark on f2p is an idea but i thought you can only get the items needed for it on p2p?

Isn't it the same with Maple logs? You can only get those on P2P, while you can burn them in F2P.

Splitbark prices would so go up.

As much as it would be nice to give the F2P players more magic...it (F2P) is, in my opinion, still viewed as a demo Jagex and will therefore be treated as one. Updates would be cool for F2P, but it isn't going to happen in reality...

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

Well, balancing it requires an update. The last major F2P update was...Runecrafting...back in 2003.

They were quite a few other f2p updates: The two new dungeons in barbarian village

Duel Arena

GE

Great Orb Project

Fist of Guthix

And about the f2p wave spells, i support it happening. This would give me a reason to train my magic level beyond 60 (well 59, but 60 for even looking stats).A Yes f2p does have teleblock, but that is only used in PVP and even then, i highly doubt it is used often.