26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were in hide tags, why should it be against the rules to post them? If people wanted to do it without all the answers they could.

ALL of them werent in hide tags.

I would browse this thread after solving the clues for that day and there were always atleast 2 noobs posting answers without hide tags.

A magnifying glass is the stupidest reward ever.

They should just include it as a random drop for tt clue hunters.

I'd rather do a real clue with potential rewards instead of this so called event.

I did this on one of my f2p accounts and refuse to do this on my main.

I have enough items from previous years when the events actually had decent rewards.

My POH slot for magnifying glass will forever remain empty.

How the hell could ANYONE figure out the clue that Faruq gave (KEEP IN MIND that I have completed the event already; I had to ask someone for the items)...

I just finished reading about how to solve it on RuneScape Wiki (link) and the whole time I was reading it, I thought it was the most clever way to screw over us RS players, especially the younger ones. Obviously, the answer spreads like a disease and those lazy enough (the majority of us) don't feel like taking the time to solve the puzzle.

Wow, kudos for the last clue... The "active game player..." clue had me stumped since I encountered it, and learning that it was an anagram made me stop right there. And then to find out that it lead to one place and you had to read more stuff and solve MORE puzzles, I wouldn't be amazed if Jagex asked us to purchase real-life plane tickets and travel to Nigeria to find more clues hidden in a random lake...

The magnifying glass is a dumb reward for all that work, and the clues were definitely super hard toward the end. I'm guessing someone asked the J-mods who showed up in game how to solve Faruq's clue? Honestly, I can only see probably 1 in 40,000 players being able to solve Faruq's clue without any help.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

They were going to give us a smoking pipe as a reward until they changed it at the last minute because they thought that the pipe would hurt their PR. Instead, we got a magnifying glass that will after several years become rare, and no one cares about the magnifying glass. It was kind of fun though. I'll admit that.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'd rather do a real clue with potential rewards instead of this so called event.

I have enough items from previous years when the events actually had decent rewards.

Wow, canadiansmurf hates an update. I'm shocked. [/sarcasm]

a70c7.png

I love how people "refuse" to do events as a kind of protest against Jagex for the "crappy" reward.

Anyone who comes over to me and says "I could have that magnifying glass, but I refused/didnt bother getting it.", im just going to laugh at and say "Yeah right :P".

Get over it, its a fun item ment for fun. Its not supposed to be usefull, its supposed to be shown off. Dont like it? To bad.

I love how people "refuse" to do events as a kind of protest against Jagex for the "crappy" reward.

Anyone who comes over to me and says "I could have that magnifying glass, but I refused/didnt bother getting it.", im just going to laugh at and say "Yeah right :P".

Get over it, its a fun item ment for fun. Its not supposed to be usefull, its supposed to be shown off. Dont like it? To bad.

Couldn't have put this better myself :).

Cry some more. It was a small reward for a fun event that took about 10 minutes a day for four days. Doesn't matter what reward they gave because you would still be whining about it.

Jagex: Update! emot-greatgift.gif

Canadiansmurf: emot-qq.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png