Steel Dragons

Umoria

Well, after some nice tasks from Duradel (Dagganoths, Dust Devils) he assigned me Steel Dragons. 49 to be exact.

Now I never been there, sinds I could only possibly melee Irons. But don't want to end up dead.

Since I don't have the levels to melee Steels, range and magic is left. But since these guys are made from steel,

I doubt range is a good option, although my range level is higher then my magic level.

I need some advice:

I only have mystics, 67 magic, 72 range, 81 hp, 72 slayer.

I could try mage them with: level 67

Slayer helmet

Mystic top

Mystic bottom

Mystic boots

Slayer staff (for slayer dart) or air staff/fire staff

Beacon ring/Ring of wealth/Ring of life

Fury amulet/amulet of magic/glory

Anti fire shield (absolutly a must)

(wich cape? Obby cape is what I have)

Range is pretty much straight forward: Level 72

Slayer helmet

Black D'hide top

Sara chaps

Black vambraces

Rune c'bow

Broad bolts/emereld tipped bolts (e)

Accumulator

Ring of life/Ring of wealth

Fury/Glory amulet

Wich way I can kill them good, without getting myself killed in 5 minutes?

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Well, after some nice tasks from Duradel (Dagganoths, Dust Devils) he assigned me Steel Dragons. 49 to be exact.

Now I never been there, sinds I could only possibly melee Irons. But don't want to end up dead.

Since I don't have the levels to melee Steels, range and magic is left. But since these guys are made from steel,

I doubt range is a good option, although my range level is higher then my magic level.

I need some advice:

I only have mystics, 67 magic, 72 range, 81 hp, 72 slayer.

I could try mage them with: level 67

Slayer helmet

Mystic top

Mystic bottom

Mystic boots

Slayer staff (for slayer dart) or air staff/fire staff

Beacon ring/Ring of wealth/Ring of life

Fury amulet/amulet of magic/glory

Anti fire shield (absolutly a must)

(wich cape? Obby cape is what I have)

Range is pretty much straight forward: Level 72

Slayer helmet

Black D'hide top

Sara chaps

Black vambraces

Rune c'bow

Broad bolts/emereld tipped bolts (e)

Accumulator

Ring of life/Ring of wealth

Fury/Glory amulet

Wich way I can kill them good, without getting myself killed in 5 minutes?

You will be surprised.. Take 4 Anti Fires, a Super Set a few Prayer Potions with Anti Fire Shield and Prossy.. Does more than you thinl.. Even Fist of Guthix for some Dragon Gloves which is stackable with a Slayer Mask/Helmet for extra bonuses.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Range is your best bet (skip/block/burthope if possible though, it won't be a fast task), mage is hardly (if at all) faster and costs you a hundred times more. Diamond bolts would be best but they're expensive/overkill so just go with what you have (DON'T take slayer helm - bonuses are for melee ONLY! Just bring anything with range attack on it. Even a snake skin helm will do).

Also, don't worry about getting killed. I don't know if you're aware of this but bringing a normal anti-fire potion + anti-fire shield gives you complete immunity to damage from firebreath. Neither will steel or iron dragons walk to you to make a melee attack, so take a sip of that anti-fire potion and you have yourself ~5mins (not sure on exact time per dose) of invincibility - no prayer required.

Theoreticly, a level 3 could kill a steel dragon since you can wear an anti-fire shield and drink anti-fire pots right out of tutorial island (or whatever tutorial system Jagex has now). They'd just have to have a LOT of patience :P

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Well personally for me, If you have 100 spare points this is the number one task to block, Even with the 2 new spots of steel dragons, they still take a considerable amount of time to kill and will slow down you slayer exp/hr. However if you don't want to block them, then i must suggest you choose the option you enjoy the most, and want to level up the most, as both have there pro's and con's.

Magic, is expensive in comparison to range, yet will probably end up being a little faster considering steel dragons are weak to mage, range is still probably the stronger option, albeit slow and a little tedious. For both range and mage your setups are ok, just bring antifire pots and something for healing for misclicks (ee, basket of strawberries) and you definantly won't die in 5 mins.

Re your magic setup personally I would use a staff that gives a 10% bonus to attacks such as the ancient staff and use the highest basic spell available to you, of course slayer dart is the other option, and they will have similar results. For the Cape the free god cape recieved after doing the miniquest up @ the lvl 55 wildy in that little bank offers a nice +10 mage bonus so that is the cape to use and it is free. Do not wear slayer helmet for mage as it has no benefits for magic, it only has the +15% attacks for melee, wear the highest mage bonus helm available to you. And that is all i can tell you just drink the antifire every 5 mins and dont get to close to the dragons and you will be fine, infact you shouldnt take any damage at all.

pocket_0aces.png

I love you guys :thumbsup:

I was a bit scared to go there, but when I read all of this, I think I give it a shot. i.o.w. I use the range option, take me some anti fires and maybe a range pot.

What I already knew was this isn't a quick task. But I think geting some exp with the steels is a good option too.

Well, I thought slayer helmet gives 15% on range and mage too. But it's only melee. What a not so nice surprise. But I should have known that.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

take a Ring of Life if you have second thoughts.. But yeah pretty much mate; Anti Fire Pot combined with Shield.. "Your potion combined with shield fully protects you from dragonfire" :thumbsup:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

I think you would be better off meleeing since you have a blask mask. Your melee stats aren't that bad. I have 84 attack and 78 strength and I melee them at a decent pace as long as I have them on a task with black mask (without task takes forever and isn't worth it)

Hard to say though.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada