Whats better at living rock caverns

ilovecardj

im just wondering if the 10 mining bonus helps more then making half as many runs to the box. i guess i could test it but i was hoping someone knows a definate answer =]

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

In my rough testing, I found a yak better. Even though there's a deposit box, you'll waste a minute each time to bank your ores, and do it less than half as often with a yak. The lava titan makes little difference in mining speed for ores that you are much higher level than.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Thanks for all the helpful advice qeltar

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Assuming you mine on the group mining world (which you should), it's often too crowded to make full use of the pack yak, so most people opt for lava titan. Many claim to get better exp rates with it too. Either way, the two familiars are close, and with 99 mining, dpick, and either one of them, you should be getting 60-65k exp/hour.

Assuming you mine on the group mining world (which you should), it's often too crowded to make full use of the pack yak, so most people opt for lava titan.

The number of people mining a vein at the caverns has no impact on how long it lasts. I've been on World 2 and seen literally 50 people on the same gold rock for 10 minutes at a time. They work differently there, appearing and disappearing on their own schedule, even if nobody is mining them.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I'm sure he was referring to the amount of Pack Yak's there and the trouble of finding your own, not how long the rocks last. I'd definitely go with the Lava titan by the way.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

I would say that, if you are in a mining clan, use Lava.

The reson is:

Your mates will tell you which rock is open ( W84 is home for "Mining Golds" clan, lots of top miners are there ). The rocks DO last longer if you are well organised. This will save a lot of running . It has been tested by MANY of us. Lava will give you 60k+ xp per hour and Yak will hardly be max at 60K, most of time 55k-56k. Since so many people are there and you waste too much time on finding your own yak.

If you are mining lonely in a empty world, Yak is your choice. You need to find which rock is open by your own. You will get more hits because running back and forth more often and waste more time on finding a safe spot.

A mining clan is surely your choice for better efficiency.

kasper_hvid.png

The last day ive been doing w84. i can call my yak before i load him i always find him instantly. i do this at about half load, loading him 2 times to fill. not entirely sure what is faster, but i havent really noticed much a difference with the lava titan in mining speeds.

Keep in mind i always find him without losing time, so its as if no one else is there. lava titan is still supposed to be faster?

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

I've tried both and personally prefer the lava titan. I got annoyed with having trouble either finding my own yak or getting attacked while trying to fill it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The last day ive been doing w84. i can call my yak before i load him i always find him instantly. i do this at about half load, loading him 2 times to fill. not entirely sure what is faster, but i havent really noticed much a difference with the lava titan in mining speeds.

Keep in mind i always find him without losing time, so its as if no one else is there. lava titan is still supposed to be faster?

Why loading twice?

Why loading twice?

Probably because the yak can hold 30 ores, so if he loads it whenever he gets 15 ores or so, it's probably a little less annoying than loading it with 28 ores, then another 2.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I load twice because i keep 4 yaks and a summon potion in my inventory, so i bank once every 5 hours or so for more summons. I call him before i get a full load because it takes about 4-5 seconds to guarantee you find it first try that way theres no waiting. so i usually fill twice this way, only loses about 1-2 seconds per load so not that much of a time loss.

I have yet to find a super fast way to get back. whats the fastest way possible to get back?

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

I load twice because i keep 4 yaks and a summon potion in my inventory, so i bank once every 5 hours or so for more summons. I call him before i get a full load because it takes about 4-5 seconds to guarantee you find it first try that way theres no waiting. so i usually fill twice this way, only loses about 1-2 seconds per load so not that much of a time loss.

I have yet to find a super fast way to get back. whats the fastest way possible to get back?

Mine carts I think, or maybe monastary using combat bracelet or whichever thing it was that teleports you there.

Mine carts I think, or maybe monastary using combat bracelet or whichever thing it was that teleports you there.

I'm using Lassar teleport myself (telebook swap). Combat bracelet is 2nd fastest. Mine carts are good if you are already in GE when you decide to go mining.