What do we want  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play on Earth

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Alernative History?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you happy with Archimage A to run this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he doesn't participate
    • There doesn't need to be a 'runner'

ya know, this is getting out of hand, and really my head is starting to hurt. never speak of this again, and im probs gonna delets my posts so i dont remmeber this, i REALLY dont want to, sorry guys. i just removed my posts.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm.. okay.. anybody gonna respond or are you guys. busy... or are you disbeleiving my stories? ( some of them i dont beleive either)

EDIT: [bleep] im doing it again. sorry guys, im gonna stop posting for the night.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

meh, i live near retech, nex, posidon. yeah, but i have bad memory, and i heal quick. my mom also is OVER PROTECTIVE. soooo, if i have physical wounds ( btb, the nerves kinda bot burnt to death so it stoped hurting after 10 mins) i ccover em up.

Then why don't you get them to help you?

I don't exactly know how to fight in real life. I can fight in school though. A sharp kick in the groin and a swift kab in the stomach with a pen is usually enough, hehe. Earth, do you want to talk about it in PM, or at school tomorrow?

Archi, game mechanics won't be like equations. It could be "so and so research takes approximately x time, and so and so research takes y time". This weapons is approximately x attack values in plains, and x+5 attack values in mountain. It would still mean that you would do your battle calculations, but you would have a guide that you could use, and people wouldn't get deceived because they had different views on stuff. They would have the info right in front of them, so they would know that you believe that gunpowder is weaker than archery, or whatever it is.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

oh retech, ill probs have forgotten it by then. and really, i dun wanna remember the burning.. THE HORRIBLE BURNING... oh and i sent you a PM btb

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Archi, game mechanics won't be like equations. It could be "so and so research takes approximately x time, and so and so research takes y time". This weapons is approximately x attack values in plains, and x+5 attack values in mountain. It would still mean that you would do your battle calculations, but you would have a guide that you could use, and people wouldn't get deceived because they had different views on stuff. They would have the info right in front of them, so they would know that you believe that gunpowder is weaker than archery, or whatever it is.

In your version of Hegemony without super weapons:

Research makes little difference since both sides do the same thing...since creativity is null and void you might as well just do the same thing...even if you don't the bonuses would be the same.

Terrain has made no difference thus far in Hegemony...

I am not going to run a game that a reasonably well programmed computer could have run...The whole point of playing without a computer is that you can be creative and experiment with ideas, not merely build a factory, build a tonne of soliders and volia.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

uhm.. okay.. anybody gonna respond or are you guys. busy... or are you disbeleiving my stories? ( some of them i dont beleive either)

EDIT: [bleep] im doing it again. sorry guys, im gonna stop posting for the night.

I stopped because you told you didn't want to talk about it... and because I was tired.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

In your version of Hegemony without super weapons:

Research makes little difference since both sides do the same thing...since creativity is null and void you might as well just do the same thing...even if you don't the bonuses would be the same.

Terrain has made no difference thus far in Hegemony...

I am not going to run a game that a reasonably well programmed computer could have run...The whole point of playing without a computer is that you can be creative and experiment with ideas, not merely build a factory, build a tonne of soliders and volia.

Well if we think of an idea, could you give us an idea how strong it is? Normally military planners have a general idea of how strong their units are, compared to Hegemony, when things don't exactly work that way, especially with flying steam ships and stuff.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yeah, I can give analysis(Hell I have to do it when I work out the attacks), but people don't ask for it, or ignore it when it is given to them.

Also me analysing something is only me analysing it. Someone could very easily analyse it in a different way and come up with a responce that I have not thought of...for example:

Arrows are extremely powerful since they can kill at range, however if someone is wearing armour then they would not be so much at risk.

Thus something is analysed based on what currently exists in game

However if someone then thought 'Hey, if I get some wood I can hold it infront of me so that the arrows don't kill me'(Invents the Shield) then they are going to be more effective against the arrows, despite the analysis.

Yeah, I can give analysis(Hell I have to do it when I work out the attacks), but people don't ask for it, or ignore it when it is given to them.

Also me analysing something is only me analysing it. Someone could very easily analyse it in a different way and come up with a responce that I have not thought of...for example:

Arrows are extremely powerful since they can kill at range, however if someone is wearing armour then they would not be so much at risk.

Thus something is analysed based on what currently exists in game

However if someone then thought 'Hey, if I get some wood I can hold it infront of me so that the arrows don't kill me'(Invents the Shield) then they are going to be more effective against the arrows, despite the analysis.

Could we ask periodically how our weapons work against new weapons of the day? Not too often, but like we'd have to ask how arrows do against...steam powered torpedoes.

I'll also try to actually listen to the analysis, for mainly my sake. Otherwise, I'll be in for a rude awakening when my "invincible" defensive army that is protecting my trade routes get crushed by a group of banditos. :P

You can ask, but remember that I am incapable of holding 7 or so people's tech's in my head, so unless I have the specifics in the request it still might not be 100% accurate.