Black Sheeps in Lumbridge

Gradeskip

Uhm, in the Middle Ages, people already knew about black people.

Greecs knew them, Romans too. I know a lot of knowledge has been lost after the fall of the West Roman Empire, but I don't think this also means black people. You mustn't also not forget that trade between nations, including Muslim nations etc in North Africa, didn't stop, although it decimated during the Dark Ages. Oh, and we have the Crusades, some Muslim factions used the so called coloured people too as militia in their centres in the Middle East.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just politically correct people reading too much into things.

They are just sheep, some are black and some are white to distinguish between the ones needed for the sheep shearer quest.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Yet it's so easy for you to keep on discussing with someone asking you the link between the black sheep and the quest, but can not do one simple post and answer that question. I could look it up, but it's you who's were argumenting against me using the quest. So you should have answered the link. You fail.

And if i was on the same side as you in the short discussion we had, i would have argumented saying "Well the dialogue is not racistic because in the quest there is....this link...and it's about...". But since you fail, you can't seem to approach it that way. Not only would you have made an argument towards what i WAS discussing, but also clarify the link between the black sheeps dialogue and the quest.

Simple comment, but i guess since your mind is so simple...it becomes difficult.

*ahem* I direct your attention to the first post I made in this thread...

The update to the sheep shearer quest is mentioned right on the RS front page. It's the article of the week.

When I made further comments I had, apparently foolishly, assumed you had read the article and understood what was actually going on. And, I'm not entirely sure you were asking for the link between the quest and the message. You seemed pretty happy to argue in ignorance. Perhaps next time you decide to try and raise an issue like this, you'll exercise some personal initiative to find the facts before starting what was rapidly escalating into a racism flame war.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This is some baaaad discussion on sheep colour.

I tried to resist. :(

Lolz. A well-placed bit of humor at a tense moment. Well done, sir. :lol: =D>

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Sheep are not people.

If these virtual sheep had minds of their own, they'd be laughing at the silly humans and their ridiculous argument. As it stands, if you really don't believe me, go to a farm and compare them side-by-side for yourself.

Tact.gif

While I agree that the duologue could in some roundabout way be considered slightly racist, it is necessary as the sheep should only be available to shear during the quest.

And anyway, from the standpoint that humans economically exploit sheep, black sheep are inferior as their wool cannot be dyed, and as such is less valuable. But sheep are sheep, and humans are humans. Saying black sheep are inferior from an economic standpoint does not apply, by any stretch of the imagination, to humans, and also does not imply that black sheep are mean or evil or anything like that (or less tasty for that matter :twisted:).

Being black, it is extremely fun for me to watch people get all worked up over any slight mention of anythign that might almost possibly be considered to slightly allude to race in some way.

On topic, ooh free stuff. Is there a list somewhere of updated quests so that I don't have to check eack one? Or is it just F2P quests?

Only F2P quests. Ernest the Chicken, Sheep Shearer, and Restless Ghost all have new rewards. Farther Aereck gives you bones worth 1k xp when buried. :thumbup:

Tact.gif

Farther Aereck gives you bones worth 1k xp when buried. :thumbup:

Ooo, me likey. How many bones does he give you?

While I agree that the duologue could in some roundabout way be considered slightly racist, it is necessary as the sheep should only be available to shear during the quest.

And anyway, from the standpoint that humans economically exploit sheep, black sheep are inferior as their wool cannot be dyed, and as such is less valuable. But sheep are sheep, and humans are humans. Saying black sheep are inferior from an economic standpoint does not apply, by any stretch of the imagination, to humans, and also does not imply that black sheep are mean or evil or anything like that (or less tasty for that matter :twisted:).

Even if we sidestep the iccue of race, next we'll have members of Peta saying we're exploiting the black sheep for their wool, especially wool that's not even wanted. <_<

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Farther Aereck gives you bones worth 1k xp when buried. :thumbup:

Ooo, me likey. How many bones does he give you?

5, 200 xp ea. Can only be buried.

Nice. An easy 1000 F2P Prayer Xp is always good. :thumbsup:

Even if we sidestep the iccue of race, next we'll have members of Peta saying we're exploiting the black sheep for their wool, especially wool that's not even wanted. <_<

No! Not PETA! If they get involved, RS will never be the same. :wall:

Killing cows for meat is murder! Runscape condones the wholesale slaughter of innocent animals!

<_<

I seriously doubt that racism was in Jagex's mind as they made the black sheep...stop masking yourselves and saying, "Oh well I don't find it as a big deal, but other people will!" And then going on and on and on about it being a big deal. :roll:

On a more related note, apparently Jagex is reworking the beginner F2P quests, which is pretty cool. I always thought a lot of the old ones seemed random, out of place, and did not fit with the newer ones. Glad to see they are catering to not only high level players, but low leveled ones as well.

Big_Stingman.png

(btw - no one is afraid to say "Easter"... :-s )

They are round here, we have a 'spring holiday' and, to prove a point, rather than having a two-week holiday with Easter right in the middle, one year they had it a week after Easter to prove a point. Ridiculous really.

Also, the fact that people are offended by the dialogue is ridiculous, it's "special" because it's different. The fact that being black makes it different is just a coincidence more than anything, but it's a coincidence that people are annoyingly going to take the wrong way.

The sheeps are black, and when you try to shear them it says "They are special, try shearing the white ones". It's offensive to me because i don't see a good reasons as to why this dialogue should be there?

Is there a good reason for this dialogue? If so, what is that reason?

I find it totally unecessary and don't see how it's related to the quest. And knowing that there are players who don't do quests, i bet they will find it offensive. Black sheeps are fair, but when you add a dialogue like that to it...then it's all of sudden negative (even though dialogue states that the sheeps are SPECIAL).

:wall:

It says that because you only sheer the black sheep during the quest, because the wool is required. This means that F2P players can't just buy EVERYTHING they need of the ge. There ARE black sheep in the world, not just WHITE sheep that get sheared. Honestly, they crossed no boundaries. Its a RL type of sheep and has nothing to do with its damn colour. Saying they're special doesn't mean that its racist either. Tell you why? Cause its a damn sheep.

OT: Yes its great that they are reworking the F2P quests. Its a good initiative and it brings more money... errr... players... into the game :P.

Good to see that the rewards are been bumped up as well. I found the current rewards for F2P players quite low :?.

disturbeda.png