Seers' Journal - Looking for creative minds

unorclan

bwbanner.png

Want to help out? You don't have to be a writer to be a part of this team. You don't have to be able to write long articles and essays (though if you can, we want you too!).

Many different opportunities are open for everybody in the Journal!

If you can say yes to any of the following, please check out the Seers' Journal.

Do you enjoy....

- Coming up with new ideas

- Writing commentaries/critiques

- Writing fantasy stories

- Interviewing

- TET events

- Clan wars

- Tip.it War Rankings

- Making comics

- Following blogs

- Giving advice

- Graphic Designing

- Reading Guides

- Making Guides

- Being a part of the Community

If you can say yes to one or more of these, then continue below!

Positions at the Seers' Journal

All positions are under construction. If you have a new idea for a different position or have a detail to add to an already existing position, then please, post or PM me (unorclan).

[hide=Columnist]- Columnist

Writes commentaries, critiques, stories, advice, ect. about Runescape.

Requirements: Much experience in writing and research, excellent spelling and grammar, a good attitude, plenty of extra time, a large imagination, a strong opinion, a love for Runescape, and an active Runescape account.[/hide]

[hide=Researcher]- Researcher

Does research on the latest big thing that has happened (or will happen) in the community. But this isn't a commentary job - these are the informers and entertainers. They do lots of interviews, lots of research, and have to go to things (i.e. events) and record.

Example: A new Multi-Site Steel War is planned and so we want some serious pre-war coverage. We also want our readers informed and interested in this upcoming event. There's got to be interviews, predictions, opinions, ideas, pictures, ect. This is all what the Researcher will do. [/hide]

[hide=Graphics Designer]- Graphics Designer

Needs plenty of time to work on graphics, needs to be able to work within a deadline (though you will have plenty of time) and needs lots of experience with graphic designing programs.

Also, if you want to be a Comic Artist, this you just need some good graphics skills and a sense of humor.[/hide]

[hide=Community Insight]- Community Insight

Must have plenty of time to work, must be incredibly organized, and must love this kind of work.

The basic idea for this position is that they track what is going on in the RS-fansite communities (mainly Tip.it forums). They will track TWR, make predictions on it, track TET events (works with the Researchers on this), checks out new guides, writes guide reviews, track popular blogger's progress, and basically records and reports ANYTHING interesting and fun happening in the community.

(For more information on working with the TWR, go here.)[/hide]

Remember: If you have any new ideas on a different job position or an idea that could go with a already existing position - post away!

Interested?

Then register on our Forums.

Then Fill out and post an application.

divider.png

The Seers' Journal has been publishing works on Tip.it under this name and the name of Gielinor Tribune, since 2007. We've had our ups and down and as of late, we are currently trying to recover from a major down. In order to achieve this and become better than ever, I need smart, new, creative people full of good ideas that'll move us forward. No more ordinary article-interview-commentary newspaper. We need some fantastic ideas for every part of the Journal.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

As much as journalism entices me, covering updates and it's effect on the market doesn't seem very productive, and, lets face it, most editorials on RS have been about the economy.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

As much as journalism entices me, covering updates and it's effect on the market doesn't seem very productive, and, lets face it, most editorials on RS have been about the economy.

The Seers' Journal isn't all about articles and "covering updates and its effect on the market" - because we agree, it's not all that productive and is not very interesting to everyone.

This is why we have multiple opportunies like researching the latest community events and competitions, working with clans and the TWR, doing interviews, writing creative stories, ect. :thumbsup:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

bwbanner.png

Want to help out? You don't have to be a writer to be apart of this team.

I think you mean a part, not apart. Fairly ironic.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

No offense, but haven't you tried to get this thing up and running a couple of times now? I remember last time you went through all this, about a year ago, and got out like 2 or 3 editions, if 3 it had to have been squeezed out hard. And then you disappeared for around 8 or 9 months. Also, you didn't seem like a very good leader of the whole effort. On the whole, I wouldn't recommend anyone get inolved in this, or if you do, don't invest a lot of time into it. You won't get out of it what you put into it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

As much as I'd like to join this again, I can't. I have retired from Runescape, and other things intrude on my life too much. Stupid social-ness...>_>

However, to anyone else who wants to join-I want to advise that you have to be dedicated. That's why it died last time, we lost book, pulled out an edition, lost Earthpoet, and couldn't keep going. So, it's essential that you work hard on this, however, you'll definitely have a name behind you when you join. We were good, and, as I am not a part of either anymore, I can say that we were better than the Tip it Times.

Other than that, good luck guys. I sincerely hope things work out better this time, this whole thing has a lot of potential.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I always enjoyed the Tribune during it's hay-day until I personally joined it. The staff was a rough group who believed in an absolute, required attendance is near every articles. Breaks from the Tribune landed a few of my friends and myself in being removed from their staff. Ever since that experience I quit reading and supporting their articles. Unless management has changed drastically except to be treated rough if they do get these articles started again and return to their previous pedestal. If you have changed your management drastically then I congratulate you all, but I will support and even read any of your material due to the previous encounters of friends and myself with your staff and board.

Just something future applicants might need to know.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Most people are into this because it is fun, not everything must have a reward libs.

I stick with my statement, you complain Waaaaaay too much.

I always enjoyed the Tribune during it's hay-day until I personally joined it. The staff was a rough group who believed in an absolute, required attendance is near every articles. Breaks from the Tribune landed a few of my friends and myself in being removed from their staff. Ever since that experience I quit reading and supporting their articles. Unless management has changed drastically except to be treated rough if they do get these articles started again and return to their previous pedestal. If you have changed your management drastically then I congratulate you all, but I will support and even read any of your material due to the previous encounters of friends and myself with your staff and board.

This.

I suppose I didn't make it clear. I got involved in the whole affair which was the basis for my criticisms of them. While I don't think unorclan is a bad person I think he is a very poor leader to be in charge of it all. And I'm a curmudgeon. I complain. Deal with it.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

No offense, but haven't you tried to get this thing up and running a couple of times now? I remember last time you went through all this, about a year ago, and got out like 2 or 3 editions, if 3 it had to have been squeezed out hard. And then you disappeared for around 8 or 9 months. Also, you didn't seem like a very good leader of the whole effort. On the whole, I wouldn't recommend anyone get inolved in this, or if you do, don't invest a lot of time into it. You won't get out of it what you put into it.

No, this is the first time the Seers' Journal has been re-opened. We actually got out 4 editions :thumbup: and all this happened just last summer. Maybe you viewed me as a bad leader, but when the summer ended and school started back for most of the staff, it became a struggling effort. And the only reason some one would join is would be to have fun and do what they enjoy - not to get something big out of it.

As much as I'd like to join this again, I can't. I have retired from Runescape, and other things intrude on my life too much. Stupid social-ness...>_>

However, to anyone else who wants to join-I want to advise that you have to be dedicated. That's why it died last time, we lost book, pulled out an edition, lost Earthpoet, and couldn't keep going. So, it's essential that you work hard on this, however, you'll definitely have a name behind you when you join. We were good, and, as I am not a part of either anymore, I can say that we were better than the Tip it Times.

Other than that, good luck guys. I sincerely hope things work out better this time, this whole thing has a lot of potential.

Thanks Tyler, for this and all your help last time.

Haha of course. Master_smither, I definitely remember you back in the Tribune. We're not nearly as up tight as back then. We realized this is volunteer work and it's all about doing something fun and interesting. Now, we don't want people commiting and then never sticking with us or doing what they said they would, but we're not as "rough" of you say we were last time. :smile:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png