Dragon Bones

muggiwhplar

Just wondering if they'll be "crashing" in price anytime soon, or if they'll remain within the 4-5k price range. I heard some people claiming they'll "crash" down to as low as 2k for various reasons but I doubt that due to our current inflated economy and high demand for dragon bones now. I mainly ask cuz I know nothing about economics and was curious to hear your responses. . .

77yLQy8.png

In my opion they will have to crash eventually, people will get fed up with it eventually and not buy them and the demand will go down and some fake demand. These are just my opions, im not an expert or anything though.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

No not in this current state of the economy. They will settle between 4-5k and I don't see them going out of that range unless another prayer update follow's or inflation is nerfed via pvp being fixed or a new skill being released that drains money from the economy.

Low_C.png

I don't see them crash either because there's not a big influx of dragon bones into the market. There are many rich pvp people and rich slayer or rc people etc who have the money to buy it. Every person to get 99 prayer needs ~50k dragon bones, which takes like over 200 hours (idk it's a guess) of work to get. Also, like 50% of the people who are collecting dragon bones, do this for themselves, so these bones don't end up in the market. The only reason I could see them crashing is Jagex releasing a new mehod, something like ectofying but even more xp or a non-bones-training way to level prayer. Otherwise, they'll stick to 4-5k ea, until jagex releases skill based prayers (not combat based) or mage and range based prayers (the piety, turmoil for range and mage, which they have announced to release some time - not soon though ) and then they'll skyrocket to a settled 5.5-6.5k ea I foresee.

If I were you and I had the money, I'd just buy the bones when they're close to 4k ea and for the rest, just enjoy the prayers :)

I'm quite sure they'll crash in the coming months. I read this topic about Jagex working on taking out the merch clans.

I heard they also took out the PvP 76k trick so that's also something that can't be abused anymore.

If Jagex is capable of taking out the people who destroy the economy and caused the mass inflation the prices will recover I believe... And hope :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I'm quite sure they'll crash in the coming months. I read this topic about Jagex working on taking out the merch clans.

I heard they also took out the PvP 76k trick so that's also something that can't be abused anymore.

If Jagex is capable of taking out the people who destroy the economy and caused the mass inflation the prices will recover I believe... And hope :)

Where is that topic? Except for some 'it's not in the spirit of the game'-posts by mods I haven't seen a post about them talking about their project to get rid of merchers?

I actually see them going up further and further...

So far, nothing has been done to increase supplies, demand stays roughly the same (although a few people will want to train it to use new curses), and more and more GP flows into the economy every day, meaning that on average, people have more to spend (and spending spreads the GP around)...

All these factors combined cause many items to go up in price...

The one reason why this does not seem to affect the Common Trade Index on the wiki pages is that Jagex seems to release very methodically update after update that is designed to boost supplies...

Gold ore due to Concentrated Gold Ore being a popular new way of training mining...

Vials of Water due to them being available in large quantity packs at shop price...

Nature Runes increased also in supply when people had a chance to get more then 1 nature rune from a single ess...

These are just a few examples...

GP is not a wanted item, so buy into Dragon Bones now, because it is unlikely that Jagex will release a monster that drops dragon bones and is easier to kill then Green or Blue Dragons...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Yeah blame everything on the merch clans, who really have nothing to do with the price that people are willing to pay.

Prayer is fast exp, prayer is useful exp, therefore bones should remain stable.

There has been a legitimate increase in demand. This is nothing to do with merchant clans.

The initial turmoil (hehe) in the price seems to have subsided pretty quickly, and I think prices will remain stable from here on out unless another update changes something.