Holiday Events

Gudi

Hi,

over the past couple of years, Jagex have started over complicating the holiday events. They take forever, are generally boring and lagg everyone the [bleep] out because of the mass amount of people.

Why bother? I just want my reward to show how long i have been playing, the fact i have been playing for 5 years is how i have earnt it... Not some [cabbage]ty mini-quest.

I didn't have to earn my yo-yo, and it is easily my favourite holiday item.

Ya but that was the first untradeable Christmas reward.

Anyways, the events are a nice holiday surprise. You know, something to remind us of the festive times and too have fun.

I myself quite enjoy these events as they are like novice quests, something simple, quick and requires a small amount of thought to get through.

After my two most recent quests(while Guthix Sleeps and Blood Runs Deep) the holiday event was a rather relaxing time.

If you don't want crowded areas then do the event a few days after its released or at low-crowded times, and if you just want the items then put it in the suggestion thread on RSOF.

29y32nr.png

Snipersxope.png

Firemaking cape 12/22/08 & Range cape 10/07/09

Quest cape 12/10/09 & Agility cape 8/13/10

over the past couple of years, Jagex have started over complicating the holiday events. They take forever, are generally boring and lagg everyone the [bleep] out because of the mass amount of people.

Over complicating, yea. Making you do stuff like click "open wardrobe" and then click "search wardrobe". What do they think we are? Twelve? Good thing you're speaking up for those who haven't finished primary school yet and haven't discerned their [wagon] from their elbow. As for the lag, making each section instanced would only add to said lag, not detract from it.

Why bother? I just want my reward to show how long i have been playing, the fact i have been playing for 5 years is how i have earnt it... Not some [cabbage]ty mini-quest.

Because they are rewards for little events that Jagex has three or four times per year. Not a fancy toy to be given to greedy kiddies with attention spans too small to focus for fifteen or twenty minutes for a little event. You haven't "earnt" anything, you're just a spoiled child.

I didn't have to earn my yo-yo, and it is easily my favourite holiday item.

Oh my god you didn't have to earn something once that means Jagex should completely throw stuff out the window so you can have everything right now and right now.

tl:dr: I'm sorry Jagex doesn't cater to your childish desire for instant gratification. I believe Funcom is creating a kid-oriented MMO that should adhere more to your tastes. Best yet, it's free to play! Otherwise, there is a pop-up book in the lobby you can play with. Some of the pages have dials, so remember to ask an adult before you switch them. Don't want you giving yourself a paper cut from the complicated mechanics.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

over the past couple of years, Jagex have started over complicating the holiday events.

They certainly have! By making us actually work toward the coveted holiday item it takes all the fun out of everything. Take for instance the Halloween event. How could they make me help out those spiders, when instead I could have simply spent two seconds talking to death, earned my spider-web cape and left? Who cares about the fact that they are trying to give an enjoyable holiday mission to everyone, such as bored F2Pers who have nothing better to do?

They take forever,

Thirty minutes! My god, how dare they steal thirty minutes of my life by making me do an optional side quest!

are generally boring

They can't really do anything too exciting. The quest must be accessible to a person of every level. They cannot put in high level monsters and such exciting things because of that.

lagg everyone the [bleep] out because of the mass amount of people.

That annoys me to! Why would Jagex let people play their game?

Or maybe everyone should stand in single file and one by one complete the quest? Sorry that you have a crappy internet connection and I'm sorry people play the game.

Who the hell cares how the bloody hell long you've played? I played five years, and because of that I get a ...special cookie? The mini-quest is there for fun, if you don't like it, skip it. Who cares how long you've played? No one! It makes no impact upon anyone if you've played a year or ten.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Are the holiday events really that over-complicated? For the Christmas event, I thought so too, until I learned to talk to my snow imp. <_<

Though, Jagex should make ALL untradeable holiday items retrievable from Diango, regardless of whether or not they actually did the event. They did this with music and emotes, so why not items?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Totally agree with this rant, these holiday events aren't fun and are very repetitive. The last one i did was this halloween, and had to go through 64 times of webbing stuff with the darn spider, very boring and annoying. The lag just adds to the problem, and thats why i gave up these events.

Staurolite.png

It isn't like it's a huge deal to do these events; most are about Cook's Assistant difficulty. And the reward of being able to say, "I was there X years ago" is well worth it to me.

"Oh look there`s an item on the floor, let`s pick it up! Hooray wasnt that exciting!"

...No...

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Totally agree with this rant, these holiday events aren't fun and are very repetitive. The last one i did was this halloween, and had to go through 64 times of webbing stuff with the darn spider, very boring and annoying. The lag just adds to the problem, and thats why i gave up these events.

The web maze was frustrating, wasn't it? If you're having a problem with lag, don't do the event on the first day it's released. I usually wait a few days and do it when there are fewer people there. No lag issue, and they've usually corrected any problems that people find on the first day (like not being able to see the NPCs this year).

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I didn't do the Halloween event, but you people make it sound horribletongue.gif

I do regret getting that spider though. The lag to me seems to the holiday spirit. I mean it wouldn't be a Runescape Christmas without the entire population rushing to finish it the at the same time as you, would it?

The web maze was frustrating, wasn't it? If you're having a problem with lag, don't do the event on the first day it's released. I usually wait a few days and do it when there are fewer people there. No lag issue, and they've usually corrected any problems that people find on the first day (like not being able to see the NPCs this year).

Actually, it is still possible to not lag on the first day the event is released. Just go to an unpopulated world.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's not that a world is unpopulated. It's that whether the world has 300 people or 1300 people, you're gonna have at least 200 doing the event. On the more populated world it may be 250, but the result is the same.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Well I always considered the holiday items to be a proof of how long you have played. The events aren't any fun in my opinion, mainly because you have stupid little tasks that are just time wasting.

I thought the Christmas event was the only one I could consider "fun".

• 3 weeks later...

Well exscuuuuusseee me princess.

I quite enjoy the holiday events, they're fun and easy to do, an usally the only things I can do on the day of release.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.