What do yu think about this?

Manux

What do you think about this:

"I think Your total lvl Should always be your combat lvl x 10 or higher"

That's what i also think, as my goal is combat lvl x 15 (63*15=945)

And im only 865 by the way.

So what do you think about this? :?

I'm a bit confused here. My total level is the sum of all my skills. My combat level is based on a calculation of my combat skills. I'm of the opinion that the combat level formula needs a bit of adjusting simply because a pure will almost always defeat a balanced player of equal combat level (There are a lot of other factors that aren't considered when calculating combat level that should be).

So, why would a total level be a calculation based on combat level? It doesn't make sense.

As for your total level being whatever you want it to be, that really doesn't make sense, either. Your total level is based upon the effort you have put in to the game. You can only make it higher by doing more work, but you can never make it lower. So, by definition, it cannot be "what you want it to be."

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

erm... whan im training total lvl im also earn cb lvls... zo its nothing with it... (im cb 85 and total 1043 im f2p = 12x)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

like u said.. combat levels.... versus total levels..

different meaning altogether.. cmbt is suppose to allow others to gauge ur overall combat efficiency... like 99 attack str def hp.. prayer 60 cmbt level 120..

so if u eva see a cmbt level 121, u know his/her prayer is higher.. tats why..

i *think* he might have meant for it to be limited by the combat level? For example, for you to have a combat level of 10, you need a minimum skill total of 100. but i might be wrong. or he meant for a total level of 100, you need to have at least a combat of 10. either that or he's just weird, the 'or higher' bit sways me to thinking hes talking about limits of some sort.

Junkieman608.png

Hmm... Interesting idea. I still don't agree with it though. The idea that you have to keep your combat levels somehow synchronized with your non-combat skills defeats one of the coolest aspects of this game - the ability of a player to choose to do (or not do) certain activities when they want.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

In order to be "perfect" or equal in skill and combat, you would need to have a skill total that is 16.5 times higher then your combat.

Max Combat - 126

Max Skill Total - 2079

2079/126=16.5

For every 1 combat level, there are (should be) 16.5 skill levels.

Now, I am wondering how you would use this in the game? Anybody who would use a ratio for their skills and combats already does. Its not like Jagex is going to make a rule saying "Your skill total must be 10 times your combat". Is there even a reason you picked 10, or was it just the first number that came to mind? :roll:

I don't agree with it either. What about the countless people who like to become mage or range pures.

Combat level isn't everything. It isn't a measurement of your greatness. Stop acting like it is.

P.S. My total is 1476 and my Combat is 102. If you wanted Level 102 combat you'd have to have a skill total of 1530. I don't know if you know much about this game or not...but 1530 is VERY difficult to achive. Setting this limit would only hinder the freedom of the game...which is the one reason why I play it. I get to choose what I want to train.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I don't agree with it either. What about the countless people who like to become mage or range pures.

Combat level isn't everything. It isn't a measurement of your greatness. Stop acting like it is.

P.S. My total is 1476 and my Combat is 102. If you wanted Level 102 combat you'd have to have a skill total of 1530. I don't know if you know much about this game or not...but 1530 is VERY difficult to achive. Setting this limit would only hinder the freedom of the game...which is the one reason why I play it. I get to choose what I want to train.

I dont agree with it either. Everyone would be the exact same, pretty much (I mean every 102 would be the same, every 48 the same, etc). I, myself, try and stay close to combatX16.5=skill total, but thats just something I try to maintain. Some people hate skills, but love combat, and some are the complete opposite.

What do you think about this:

"I think Your total lvl Should always be your combat lvl x 10 or higher"

That's what i also think, as my goal is combat lvl x 15 (63*15=945)

And im only 865 by the way.

So what do you think about this? :?

lol why dont you do you combat lvl x 1.000.000

no really whats the use?

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.