Christmas 09 Event Issue

ghost4sale1

During my winter vacation I decided to end my subscription so I wouldn't be tempted to play so much over the break. So I went to do the Christmas event and I found out that I had to take my cape, weapon, and shield in order for the ghost disguise to work. I wear an obsidian cape(for the colors), but many other ex-members wore skill capes and other expensive weapons. It does make sense that the disguise wouldn't work with a cape, weapon, or shield, but was this intentionally done by Jagex just to get ex-mems to start paying again? Yes you aren't paying so why should you get updates, but why force players to lose the glamor of certain member's items?

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

FAQ A CHRISTMAS WARBLE

"As a F2P I cant put my Skillcape back on after the event I have to take the cape off to complete the holiday event can you make it so that the event can still be completed when wearing a Skillcape or make it so that Skillcapes can be equipped again in F2P its not that we want to be able get a Skillcape in F2P just have the ability to wear it if we have already earned it and purchased it when previously a member."

Mod Edam:

We didnt realise that this would affect ex members but we wont be changing it. We dont want to discourage players from partaking in the event but ultimately it is their choice. Keeping your P2P items on your F2P is a restrictive game play choice. Further if we were to make this change now it would be unfair on people who have removed their cape to allow them to complete the event.

'A Christmas Warble' - Quick find code: 15-16-522-60087448

That's the official word from Jagex on this matter, and I tend to agree with them. If you're choosing to keep wearing member's items after your membership has expired, then you've imposed a restriction upon yourself. If you didn't completely think that restriction through, that's hardly Jagex's fault.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I still don't really get why you can't re-equip members items on a F2P world. P2P items are just there to look nice, so why restrict the choice?

This should be in Rants btw.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This isn't a rant because it didn't affect me very much, the only items I took off were desert robes, a nezzy, and an obsidian cape. This was just an issue that many of my friends ran into and other ex-mems who were upset by this.

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Honestly, all I have to say is tough luck. Ultimately, you made the decision to bring your members objects into a F2P world, most likely fully knowing the consequences. If you didn't, then oh well. If you chose to bring your members items into a F2P world, you should be responsible for it, not anyone else. Although I agree with you in that your items should be reequipable, so long as their boosts are nullified, but until then, don't bring your members items into a free world. Besides, most people wearing members items look like idiots in a free world, at least in my opinion.

I still don't really get why you can't re-equip members items on a F2P world. P2P items are just there to look nice, so why restrict the choice?

You don't pay anymore; why should you be allowed to reequip members items?

I'm betting it was intentional :(

Oh well, maybe you should be able to equip members items in a f2p world. It wouldn't give any stats, but more people would be motivated to get members, and its not like they will lose any potential customers because "oh my god, he can wear a statless members item zomg"

O.O

People tend to forget, Jagex is a company... Their shareholders want dividends, and their employees want fat pay bonuses, so what d'you expect?

The company live and breathe off the money members are willing to pay for content update.. So why should those who have decided to end their subscriptions be allowed to enjoy what we members are paying for?

You don't pay anymore; why should you be allowed to reequip members items?

They're downright useless on a F2P world, so you should be able to re-equip them.

This should also prevent rants like these.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

People tend to forget, Jagex is a company... Their shareholders want dividends, and their employees want fat pay bonuses, so what d'you expect?

Not that it invalidates your overall point, but Jagex is a privately owned company. emot-parrot.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The company live and breathe off the money members are willing to pay for content update.. So why should those who have decided to end their subscriptions be allowed to enjoy what we members are paying for?

Because they still payed for them? Sure, they arent paying anymore, but thats the reason the members items HAVE NO STATS in a f2p world.

O.O

Because they still payed for them? Sure, they arent paying anymore, but thats the reason the members items HAVE NO STATS in a f2p world.

Plus, im sure if Jagex were more trustworthy, alot more people would buy members for one month in order to get some cool member stuff, cause hey, they still pay for it.

O.O

Plus, im sure if Jagex were more trustworthy, alot more people would buy members for one month in order to get some cool member stuff, cause hey, they still pay for it.

This. In addition, you can't get any more members items on a F2P world, just only the ones that you currently have.

P2P items in F2P worlds are there for purely cosmetic purposes. So why disable members ability to take off/wear these seemingly useless pieces?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

To complain about this is the same as to complain about wielding a whip on F2P and complain people can hit higher with rune scimmy. Or taking a members shield on F2P then complaining you con't complete dragon slayer without removing it.

Members items should been on F2P worlds in the first place, whether they "look better" or not.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]