Negative Membership Credit

lionesshunt

An account of mine was recently unlocked. Each time I try logging into to play the game, it won't allow me and gives me a message. It says something along the lines of "you have negative membership credit" "log into the billing system to add credit to your account". I checked my membership credit through the home page, and it says I have 0 days of credit, which is not a negative number. I shouldn't be getting this message at all, I've never been a member on this account. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to get this message to go away so I can log in and play again?

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

An account of mine was recently unlocked. Each time I try logging into to play the game, it won't allow me and gives me a message. It says something along the lines of "you have negative membership credit" "log into the billing system to add credit to your account". I checked my membership credit through the home page, and it says I have 0 days of credit, which is not a negative number. I shouldn't be getting this message at all, I've never been a member on this account. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to get this message to go away so I can log in and play again?

I'd say post it on the RSOF.

Why was the account locked? Did someone hack into it? If so then that could be the reason why it has negative members credit as the hacker put members on it then they had problems with the billing.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Yes, the account was locked because they said it was stolen. I doubt it was, it was banned two to three years ago for being underage. The thing is, if it was hacked, and the hacker did have problems with the billing, the credit should be displayed as a negative number, but it says I have 0 days credit in membership for both Runescape and Funorb. I looked up "runescape negative credit" on youtube and all the people with negative credit on their accounts had a negative number displayed on the page where it shows you your credit.

It's a common problem with accounts that have been stolen and black-marketed, usually the thief obtains membership credit by illegal means such as credit card fraud, or illegitimate PIN numbers.

Jagex then sees this and bans or locks your account, forcing you to purchase however many months of illegitimate membership the thief had purchased. So if your account was a member for 2 months while the thief was using it, you would have to purchase 2 months of members to reverse the negative credit, thus unlocking your account.

sigsigcopy.png

WYnp.gifmgVK.giff9bI.gif

I understand this all, but if I have negative credit on my account why isn't it being displayed as such? It says I have 0 days credit.

How in the world am I supposed to know how much to pay for this so called negative membership, if they won't tell me how much. To me, this all looks to be a mistake made by Jagex- or perhaps a conspiracy to try and force people to buy membership. Gahhhh! This is just so frustrating! :wall: #-o :roll: :?

My best advice is to take it up take it up with Jagex. How you'll do that, I've no idea.

That, or if you're planning to use this account, just purchase a monthly membership, then try to login, if it still says negative, buy another. It shouldn't take more than 2-3 subscriptions, depending on how long the thief used the account for.

sigsigcopy.png

WYnp.gifmgVK.giff9bI.gif

It's unfortunate, but I think the best way to solve this problem is by throwing money at it.

The 0 days thing is probably a bug of some sorts, maybe caused by it having negative credit and then locking and unlocking ...

Problem is Jagex really sucks at communicating. I doubt they even have phones.

You can contact Jagex billing support, make sure you check the knowledge base for a way to send them a message. It is indeed possible to send them a billing query or a bug report. I would try this alternative before buying membership. This is definitely a bug and it will be sorted out by the staff.