Why does everyone say that Firefox is better than Opera?

runescape_rocks

What is the better browser?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is the better browser?

• Opera
    • Firefox
    • IE pwns both!!

I use firefox cos its everything i want in a browser.

Low cpu usage, tabbed browsing, ad and popup blocking and weather reports :P though that one's not really nessacery :wink:

Opera is probably just as good, and needless to say they both cack all over IE, but this seems to do the job more than fine :)

logo.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used all 3 in quite large doses. I believe I can safely say Internet Explorer is my favourite.

Just wondering, but why would you say that?

(not meant to flame or anything, just curious)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I've used all 3 in quite large doses. I believe I can safely say Internet Explorer is my favourite.

I like Internet Explorer because it is just there, easy to use, only takes 30 seconds to config it to how I want it on a new computer. I never got into all these extra bits and pieces people like ot add to their browsers. Thats why it is my favourite browser.

I like Internet Explorer because it is just there, easy to use, only takes 30 seconds to config it to how I want it on a new computer. I never got into all these extra bits and pieces people like ot add to their browsers. Thats why it is my favourite browser.

Well well well. Very interesting. How long ago did you last try Firefox or Opera? (like, what versions?)

Well well well. Very interesting. How long ago did you last try Firefox or Opera? (like, what versions?)

I have the full version of Opera 10 (as part of the promotion) and last used Firefox at work (version 1.04? I think).

I will verify when I get home, the folder I had it in was called Opera 10, perhaps I named it incorrectly. But I'm sure you know what version I have because it was the free licensed version they gave away to celebrate (I think their birthday?). Perhaps it was version 7, but yeah I can verify tonight.

Opera is a superior browser, with wonderful features included.

I am very perturbed at their recent layout changes though, I feel that -most- of them truly detract from it's day to day use.

So, I customized it back to what it was when I first started using Opera, plus the new features nestled comfortably where there used to be blank space.

Firefox is a very good browser, but it lacks in many features by default- the extensions are truly the saving grace, rather than forcing people to recompile it to suit their needs, particularly when most windows users have so much trouble compiling anything on their boxes :P

I feel FF is just rather feature-bare.

What it does have going for it to make a real impact - and not just user-friendly - is it's security, which rivals Opera. Mozilla's team has outdone themselves.

I use FF whenever I want to play RS, or need to wade through a flash-flooded site, I use a couple of extensions to block them quite effectively :P

Opera takes up 95% or so of my browsing, however.

Oh, and one last thing....

I was using Opera before it was cool, man!

(Google too)

/early adopter ;)

raenond4.jpg

Semi-Permanent Interim Temporary Leader of the Supposed Inmates of the Alleged Insane Asylum of What May Or May Not Be RuneScape

*gasp*

Heya Sharper :)

Long time no see.

I think I've posted before on this thread. In case I haven't done so, I prefer Firefox, customised to near-death. *shrug*

To each their own.

*gasp*

Heya Sharper :)

Long time no see.

I think I've posted before on this thread. In case I haven't done so, I prefer Firefox, customised to near-death. *shrug*

To each their own.

To each their own :)

<3 IE