Request

Nero

Alright, bid of an odd request. I'm thinking of doing a full mod for HoI2 based on the Hegemony, so what I'd like is the backroom deals and stuff that took place not on the thread, that could be put into the mod (alliances, technology, builds, politics, tech shares, attacks, whatever). You can either post on the thread or PM me, up to you.

I'm not asking for stuff going on right now, but stuff that happened in the past, as that would kind of defeat the purpose of having those things not being on the thread.

Contemplating the end date of the mod to be after the end of WW5, but it's not concrete at all.

If someone posts something that you maybe don't like on the thread or it gets you angry (such as a backstabbing or something), well, whatever. It is a game.

Note: This is by no means compulsory. If you don't want to share certain information then you don't need to. I just want to get everything right when I do it, rather then having to go back later and add more events (and be forced to re-number everything since the events would be put between existing ones and would need to have the correct numbering or else they won't work and the game will crash and BLARRRRRGHHHHH FFFFFUUUU - say it out loud in one breath) and re-doing the technology preferences or build orders.

Also, could PM me any and all techs they've researched? Obviously I don't expect current secret techs, just ones that have been revealed (so I have a list to base the tech tree off). If you can't remember them that's fine, I'll have to go digging through Hegemony V1 & V2 eventually anyways.

Cheers.

Cookie for your troubles

Best_Cookie-20.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic, this is what we all (or at least most of us) have been waiting for. :thumbsup:

Nothing secret has ever been done except for when I sent up those cloaked jumpers expecting Ross to act aggressively and thus later gaining the neccessary defence against Rocco.

Thechs:

Hot fusion, puddlejumpers, tel'taks, rings, SACs, ASSLOADs, drone missiles, Jahrium, PEP90(PEP-P90), PEP-building mounted,

cloaking, kvartz-chips, Plasma window shields, poor ZPM'er, EM-thrusters, Atlantis, neural-controll-interfaces, particle magnums,

X-303 class ships.Defensive missiles, Offensive missiles, Proto-Ship/1, Nanotech, AI, Energy efficiant thrusters,

EM-weapon, Prometheus, speccial coilsguns that fire charged naquadah bullets, X-304 class ships.

Also you can add complete ZPMs, cold fusion and hyperdrives to that list, seeing how they'll probably be finished before the mod.

PS: Saying the part before and including the "BLARRRRGGGGHHHHH FFFFFUUUU" in one breath is easy.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

PS: Saying the part before and including the "BLARRRRGGGGHHHHH FFFFFUUUU" in one breath is easy.

Yes but it's not really easy to think about even if you only have a basic idea of modding.

Oh, forgot to mention:

This is mostly about on Earth. There's no space travel or whatnot in HoI, so I very much doubt I'll go through the trouble of designing some sort of space system.

This is rough event/build preferences (up to page 8 on original hegemony):

[hide]Game Starts (July 25, 2009)

-Hawaii Joins, splits from the US - fastortoise

-China Joins (slight authoritarian, democratic far left)- istolethepie

-Panama Joins – Kcdragon8116

-Iceland Joins – wizzkid785

-Finland Joins - TheStevo

-Russia Joins (authoritarian, political left, standing army, interventionist, stalinist) – Mlbfan13

-United States (left-wing radical coup in US, crazy leader) – evil_mumm_ra

-Australia Joins - RayOxide

-Argentina Joins (authoritarian, isolationist, middle with drafted army) – Lenticular_J

-Panama starts alternative energy research, global warming reduction

-US starts alternative energy research

-Argentina builds infrastructure, industry. Improve relations with US, GERMANY, ISRAEL, FRANCE, ITALY

-Argentina invades Uruguay (annexes)

July 26

-Islands around Japan Joins - mmmcannibalism

-Luxembourg Joins – RpgGamer

-Italy Joins (democratic, left) – riku3220

-Saudi Arabia joins (authoritarian, political right)(willing to join alliances) – Skull_Emblem

-South Africa Joins (coal surplus) – sohkmj1

-India Joins (democratic, isolationist) - Adrenal

-New Zealand Joins (r4ngewarlord)

-Brazil Joins (left-wing radical coup leninist, 2/3 to drafted army) (starts off with military needing upgrades, reinforcements)- Doomsavenger

-Germany Joins (authoritarian, political right, standing army)– OldJoe

-United Kingdom Joins (crazy leader)(close to farthest left, 1/3 to authoritarian, aka close to democratic) – blackdawn

-Liechtenstein Joins – Intriguing

-Holland Joins (slightly authoritarian, slightly right wing, little military) – flodder450

-Canada Joins (full democratic) – Lionheart_0

-Tasmania Joins – RayoOxide

-Egypt Joins – roccodog25 (authoritarian, drafted army)

-Japan Joins – littleboy

-Scotland Joins – Sworddude198

-Sweden Joins (middle between democratic/authoritarian, interventionist) – hawkxs

-Norway Joins (democratic, islolationist), looking for alliance with Finalnd/Demark (Scandinavian Alliance) – infy500fan

-North Korea Joins (authoritarian) – l0rd

-Taiwan Joins (territorial claims on China, for Hong Kong)(democratic, left, drafted army, isolationist) – penguingeek3

-Ireland Joins (relation with UK -50) (facist) – kranked1

-Israel Joins (authoritarian, political right, standing army, facist) – Latinoking

-Spain Joins (democratic, isolationist, drafted army, center political) - meol

Build/Stuff

-New Zealand builds infrastructure, bridge between the two isles (possible in HoI?), starts research on Industry -> Manpower Growth line

-Brazil ends trades with countries that were exploiting its resources, building industrial capacity, starts tech research that leads to spacecraft secret weapon (NOT SURE IF SPACE CRAFT SHOULD BE INCLUDED, OR EVEN IF THEY CAN IN SOME WAY), building of Missile Defense Sites (SAMs, AA, etc)

-Canada starts research on tank line (ARM n ART)

-Norway builds INF to protect its lands, space tech(?)

-Australia builds infrastructure

-Germany researches alternative energy (hydrogen fuel)

-United Kingdom starts alternative energy research

-China focuses on industry and agriculture, builds infrastructure

-Holland looks for alliance w/ Belgium & Luxembourg

-Taiwan improving relations with China, building infrastructure, researching the computer tech line/green energy,

-Argentina builds INF/Militia, improving relations with China (to try for alliance)

-Israel researching industrial techs

Events

-Australia had left wing coup d’etat, authoritarian government (authoritarian, political right, drafted army, PATERNAL AUTOCRACY) – Mage_Man0103

-Australia had “Steven Conroy” – ban him from the country or not – dissent rises +1 if banned, nothing happens if not

-Australia had “Tasmanian Independence” – “OK” – dissent +1, “NO, WAR!” – dissent +10

-UK had “Scottish Independence” – “OK” – dissent +1, “NO, WAR!” – dissent +10

-ALL COUNTRIES – “Medical Breakthrough – AIDs vaccine discovered” “Great!” -5 dissent

-China had “North Korea demands compensation!” “Pay them” – Money – 50, dissent +1, relations with NK +10. “Never!” Relations with NK – 50

-Argentina had “The Green Revolution – Massive green energy building” – “OK” - IC Efficiency +1%

-Russia had “Cull the pacifists and the weak, long live the Federation!” – “OK” – dissent +15, +1 Authoritarian. “That’s barbaric, no!” – Dissent -5, Democratic +1

-Israel had “Deportation of the Palestinians” – “Do it” – Dissent +10, relations with all arab countries -50, authoritarian +1. “No” – dissent -1, +1 democratic, relations with arab countries +10

-Spain had “Construction Begins on the Gibraltar Dam” – “OK”

******POSSIBLY HAPPENING:

Venezuala & Ecuador break from OPEC (event).

Alliance between, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Japan, & Germany

[/hide]

The space system can simply be the events linked to the colonisation of space...Extra resources in the capital, extra manpower in the capital.

Say every year, 1st of January there is an event(Well from whenever Doom and Norway got into space, since I don't think you can script from techs):

Another Year, Another Planet:

Four Options:

Build Industry - Increases industry by 2 and +1 metal and +1 raw material in Capital (Costs 5,000 money and 10% of Rare Materials and Metal)

Build Infrastructure - Increases manpower growth by 10(per year(So this is cumulative)) in Capital (Costs 3,000 money, 20% of supplies)

Build Orbital - +1 Free Nuke in Capital(per year) and +100% energy(one off) (Costs 6,000 money, -10 Relations with everyone of different ideaology(if possible), 10% Rare Materials, 30% Metals)

Space Isn't Important - Blueprint for random tech

That way it isn't left out, but it doesn't spawn all the arguments.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Well that will be rather a long time away, I am guessing.

Anyway I was thinking just have it start naturally occuring after 50 years, but your plan seems good too...I just envisaged you kicking it squarely out of the main gameplay domain into a kind of annoying thing that pops up when you are trying to kill stuff.

Well, the structure of the Old Britannian Empire was thus:

-Autocratic monarch who had say in pretty much everything. The king's policies reflected love for the nation and empire.

-Heavy diplomacy

-Heavy military spending (comprising most of budget)

-Strong sense of nationalism

-A mixture of interventionism and isolationism (Britannia played a strong role in international politics, but it also tried to create as few wars as possible. It was mostly interventionist, though.)

The strong sense of nationalism was very strong. Britannians were as much of fanatics as Germanians, but Britannians had more freedoms.

Of course, this was before the parliamentary movement in the mid 21st century. Militarism gradually decreased and was abolished after the movement that occurred at the end of World War V during the 22nd century AD.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

-Autocratic monarch who had say in pretty much everything. The king's policies reflected love for the nation and empire.

-Heavy diplomacy

-Heavy military spending (comprising most of budget)

-Strong sense of nationalism

-A mixture of interventionism and isolationism (Britannia played a strong role in international politics, but it also tried to create as few wars as possible. It was mostly interventionist, though.)

The strong sense of nationalism was very strong. Britannians were as much of fanatics as Germanians, but Britannians had more freedoms.

Paternal Autocracy.

Dove Lobby

Standing army

Semi-Closed society

Isolationist

New World Order Random event for alliance.

7 on the left-right balance.

Just saying, on your timeline im pretty sure I joined on the first day, not the second as I was like the 24th post on the thread or something.

Now, remind me which war WWV was?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Just saying, on your timeline im pretty sure I joined on the first day, not the second as I was like the 24th post on the thread or something.

The one that caused 500 million deaths... The last one.

SWAG

It doesn't really matter either way, all countries will be there at the start, adding start dates for active players is moreso a note for me for keeping track of who's playing and what country they are.

-Paul: HoI2 is a single player game mostly, but online can be played with the normal version. Not sure if a multiplayer game can be played with mods, might boot you out for editing files and whatnot (anti-cheat measures...).

Paternal Autocracy.

Dove Lobby

Standing army

Semi-Closed society

Isolationist

New World Order Random event for alliance.

7 on the left-right balance.

I was actually thinking about making it a democracy, since there are very few of them (as most people in the game tend to rule with an iron fist, since it's easier). Events could lead it to an authoritarian government or not. Also sort of ensures that Germania sparks WW3, as democracies can't declare war.

New World Order event after WW4?

Sere: When did the alliance talks begin? Thinking for the event to have it start off as a sort of pact between the nations (similar to the Anti-Comintern Pact).

Alliance talks began very early. Of course you don't "know" anything about early alliance talks (as far as your Hegemony nation goes), but for this project that you're doing, I'd say sometime around mid-August.

SWAG

You missed the formation of SAR (very early) and the original formation of the EU (Euro Union). Also, you missed the Luxembourg take over of Vatican, and control over the Pope. I didn't see the regime change of Germany (and the subsequent bombings of the Belgium area). There was the Crecent/Russo war, that sparked WWIII. There was the European evacuation that lead Luxembourg into Africa. And much much more, that I don't have time to recall atm.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Extreme monarchy(or whatever it's called when a (fake) god rules).

Diplomatic.

Forced-army(all jaffa are soldiers).

Strong "divine" faith.

Interventionism.

The Goa'uld Empire is far off any part of the right-left chart with it's unique religious traditions and out-of-the-box thinking.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

You missed the formation of SAR (very early) and the original formation of the EU (Euro Union). Also, you missed the Luxembourg take over of Vatican, and control over the Pope. I didn't see the regime change of Germany (and the subsequent bombings of the Belgium area). There was the Crecent/Russo war, that sparked WWIII. There was the European evacuation that lead Luxembourg into Africa. And much much more, that I don't have time to recall atm.

Didn't really miss the SAR, it's just that they never said "SAR starts" or anything, it's always "we should start an alliance". And Rpg, I'm only up to Page 8 so far, since I'm getting all the programs I need to make the mod with atm. Most of that stuff I haven't got to yet (and so are not listed yet).

Extreme monarchy(or whatever it's called when a (fake) god rules).

Diplomatic.

Forced-army(all jaffa are soldiers).

Strong "divine" faith.

Interventionism.

The Goa'uld Empire is far off any part of the right-left chart with it's unique religious traditions and out-of-the-box thinking.

This is taking place only on Earth, and there'll be no Stargate stuff on Earth, so I guess your nation won't be in. Sorry.

Decided to drop by today...

Shortly after the beginning, I was allies with India - but that never really amounted to much, especially Adrenal never really did anything.

Then I basically turtled for the rest of the game until I quit. I was in the NWO, but I didn't contribute much. Conquered some random territories. Only real "special" research was automated turrets (Half Life style, though bigger and harder to knock down). And bunkers/fortresses, I guess.

Taiwan would probably just be a turtling isolationist state.

I got HoI3 a week or two ago, by the way. (haven't played it yet)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

You could make my nation as a random event. With ridiculously powerful amphibious attacks. :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Just thinking, except the fact that it's hard to do on a large scale an GMod hegemony would rock, just use a large fully habbitable sb_ map and try to add a function that only allows for spawning stuff after it has been a preset amount of time since right-clicking an item in the spawn-menu.

It would be easy to add new techs to.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Why not, I can be in Egypt where, according to SG history, the last goa'uld controlling Earth, Ra, last ruled before leaving our system due to a revoult, just strike the revoult and I would fit.

No. Alien races shouldn't exist, and there should be a standard tech. (So no SG tech, sorry.)

I think Dusty's just trying to recreate the old Hegemony where everything (except the zombie plague...) was a reasonable prediction for the future.

SWAG

Why not, I can be in Egypt where, according to SG history, the last goa'uld controlling Earth, Ra, last ruled before leaving our system due to a revoult, just strike the revoult and I would fit.

No. Alien races shouldn't exist, and there should be a standard tech. (So no SG tech, sorry.)

I think Dusty's just trying to recreate the old Hegemony where everything (except the zombie plague...) was a reasonable prediction for the future.

Correct. And the super-powers (US & China) are knocked out of commision early on anyways (civil war -> nuclear desolation for the US, economic meltdown -> collapse for China).

You could make my nation as a random event. With ridiculously powerful amphibious attacks. :D

Dunno how I'll figure yours out, it'll be a human nation though.

Decided to drop by today...

Shortly after the beginning, I was allies with India - but that never really amounted to much, especially Adrenal never really did anything.

Then I basically turtled for the rest of the game until I quit. I was in the NWO, but I didn't contribute much. Conquered some random territories. Only real "special" research was automated turrets (Half Life style, though bigger and harder to knock down). And bunkers/fortresses, I guess.

Taiwan would probably just be a turtling isolationist state.

I got HoI3 a week or two ago, by the way. (haven't played it yet)

Full bar isolationist, and event to leave alliance with India to join the NWO? Mm.

No. I'm not adding anything stargate related at all. Keep in mind this is my mod and I'll be doing the work for it.

But... cool alien race which messes up people's plans for world domination! That's the perfect random event. It upsets the power balance too, since Japan is a key part of NWO.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.