Request

Nero

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this mod, Britannia would still have Canada, correct? Then Japan would be completely independent?

The only way I could somehow replicate your partially merger is to make Japan Britannia's puppet state.

What about a 'Stargate' event for Egypt(Holy Jeruslem Empire/Whatever) which triggers revolt because nothing was found?

I want to have this include as little silliness as possible, as it's likely other people will play it other than just us. What's likely is that since this'll probably take 6 months -> a year+ to complete (it's not my job after all, if it was it would probably take longer), everyone here will probably have lost interest anyways :P

But... cool alien race which messes up people's plans for world domination! That's the perfect random event. It upsets the power balance too, since Japan is a key part of NWO.

No aliens. Oh. Hmmmmm.

HoI2 does have the alien attack event that can be triggered. I'll probably have to rewrite the AI's file so that it doesn't just wtfpwn everyone and expand across the globe.

That is IF I feel like it. Which I doubt.

In this mod, Britannia would still have Canada, correct? Then Japan would be completely independent?

The only way I could somehow replicate your partially merger is to make Japan Britannia's puppet state.

What about a 'Stargate' event for Egypt(Holy Jeruslem Empire/Whatever) which triggers revolt because nothing was found?

I want to have this include as little silliness as possible, as it's likely other people will play it other than just us. What's likely is that since this'll probably take 6 months -> a year+ to complete (it's not my job after all, if it was it would probably take longer), everyone here will probably have lost interest anyways :P

Mmk. So another person still gets to lead that, right? Also, is all of the Japanese Empire involved (including India)?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Mmk. So another person still gets to lead that, right? Also, is all of the Japanese Empire involved (including India)?

No, that'll force whoever is playing Japan out of the game if they accept.

It'll include India if the events play out exactly as they're supposed to (meaning nobody is actually playing and doing stuff their way). I don't even know if I should write events for WW5 since it's so far away and by that time most people would've conquered what they wanted to anyways.

I'll see.

Maybe you could write a couple of mods, rather than just the one...That way people could replay their 'fav' moments...It would also mean you could release one before everyone on here got 'bored'

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Decided to drop by today...

Shortly after the beginning, I was allies with India - but that never really amounted to much, especially Adrenal never really did anything.

Then I basically turtled for the rest of the game until I quit. I was in the NWO, but I didn't contribute much. Conquered some random territories. Only real "special" research was automated turrets (Half Life style, though bigger and harder to knock down). And bunkers/fortresses, I guess.

Taiwan would probably just be a turtling isolationist state.

I got HoI3 a week or two ago, by the way. (haven't played it yet)

Full bar isolationist, and event to leave alliance with India to join the NWO? Mm.

Sounds good. :thumbup:

Maybe I'll take this to CivIV someday...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

HAHA i just remembered when Adrenal[india] released 70%(or some HUGe number) of his population into the wilderness and I picked them up and moved them to Africa. The he realized his mistake and quit days later. Funny stuff.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Maybe you could write a couple of mods, rather than just the one...That way people could replay their 'fav' moments...It would also mean you could release one before everyone on here got 'bored'

Hm, never thought of that.

Timline would be:

Early Expansionism Wars - mod 1

Cold War (NWO vs EA) - mod 2

World War 5 (NWO vs EA Remnants + Brazilian Empire) - mod 3

Could work, but it might mean I'd have to do completely seperate AI files for every mod. Hm. I have to think about it.

HAHA i just remembered when Adrenal[india] released 70%(or some HUGe number) of his population into the wilderness and I picked them up and moved them to Africa. The he realized his mistake and quit days later. Funny stuff.

Oh wtf. Doesn't that mess up the whole available manpower pool for the NWO during WW5? :s

Sere, you wouldn't have Canada, I got it long before WW5.

My main technology would be cold fusion, and hypersonic planes. I would also have a huge navy (1,200 ship or so at the peak during WW5)

Also, I don't know how you would work my habitats into the game, but I don't know what the game is capable of.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

True, but I would still have Canada during mod 1 and 2 (if he does that). I had Canada when the Japanese Empire joined the Greater Britannian Empire. it was decades later that the deal was made to sell Canada (the land) in exchange for Africa and its inhabitants. I was allowed to keep the Canadians and military tech though. By the time World War 5 rolled around, Britannia didn't have Canada anymore.

SWAG

You could give defenders a screaming match defence. Then you could have the Archimage timed event which coincides with the invasion of the Lichtens, which removes the screaming match defence.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• 1 month later...

If you're making a playable Japanese empire, you should make it so that it is hyper-aggressive when trying to acquire South-East Asia, but isolationist in regards to everything else. :P

Long live the Emporer!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Switzerland would start Democractic Center, then move towards Democratic Right. Lots of Hawking. Lots of Central Planning. Lots of Closed Society. Lots of Standing Army.

It would also develop massive magino style fortifications on the second half of the first year...After Germany attempts to invade, for the first time.

Switzerland would start Democractic Center, then move towards Democratic Right. Lots of Hawking. Lots of Central Planning. Lots of Closed Society. Lots of Standing Army.

It would also develop massive magino style fortifications on the second half of the first year...After Germany attempts to invade, for the first time.

Have it tech to mustard gas mines that give a bonus to defense or something, I suppose. Hehe.

Scandinavia would be... well.. Norway, only fully monarchy.

On techs it would start by enchancing saltpower and fixing the global warming then have sea colonization, anti stealth systems and stealth fighters, third it would have both normal and reverse time-dialation.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

On techs it would start by enchancing saltpower and fixing the global warming then have sea colonization, anti stealth systems and stealth fighters, third it would have both normal and reverse time-dialation.

Btw, with that time dilation...

You're wasting your money. None of us are ever going to accept it.

Btw, with that time dilation...

You're wasting your money. None of us are ever going to accept it.

Mostly because IT'S PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

LNYvk.png

If we're based on the current Hegemony, I would like to be the United Federation.

Right now, I would say that we're semi-authoritarian as far as the politics go.

SWAG

If we're based on the current Hegemony, I would like to be the United Federation.

Right now, I would say that we're semi-authoritarian as far as the politics go.

I'll just use Starship Troopers as a baseline :P

Keep in mind that the book and the movie are completely different. My politics are based on the book, not the movie.

The only thing I haven't incorporated is the public flogging (or flogging in particular).

SWAG

No one complained when I started researching time dialation, anyways it isn't impossible; by increasing/decreasing the speed of light within a localized field through the use of (EM/alpha) radiation one could emulate the (opposite of the) speeds required.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Can you imagine the gameplay effects though?

Mather: I activate my time dilation to speed things up into the future.

Retech: By now, Japan is the best and uber pwns everyone.

Archi: Nuh-uh, my P-Jets can now travel at the speed of light and drop uber bombs.

Dusty: Well you can all go ahead and invade me because I have other plans for your people.

Etc etc

Hmmm, I think you got my one wrong:

Archi: Who do you think you are kidding Mr Retech, if you think we're on the run. We are the boys who will stop your little game, we are the boys who will make you think again. Cause who do you think you are kidding Mr Retech, when you say Switzerland is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDWDAMRBeU&feature=related

Also, point of order, the P-Jet only accelerates at 30 odd meters a second. Would take around 100,000,000 seconds...or 3 years and about 3 months...to reach lightspeed...ignoring relativity.

Reaching its crusing speed of 1,400 meters of second...or 1.4 Kilometers per second... just about a minute and a half after take off. Approximately 6000 miles per hour

Which is slower than America's current air planes, such as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_X-43

So its not really overpowered =P

I don't think I have ever dropped 'uber' bombs... dropped kinetic bombs, but thats not really uber... :rolleyes: