95-99 def at armored zombies.

skylor12344

Ok so im currently 547k xp from 95 defence and im planning to power through the last 4 lvls at armored zombies. I was wondering how long it would take me to get from 95 to 99 using this method and with my setup?

Setup:

Helm:Neitiznot

Amulet:Salve(e)

Plate:dharoks

Legs:Dharoks

Boots:Dragon

Gloves:Barrows

Cape:Obsidian

Ring:Wealth / Warrior(for +4 slash bonus)

Weapon: Whip

Shield: Rune Def / Spirit Shield

Invo:

bunyip pouches

Summoning potions(3)

Dragon B-axe or Enhanced Excalibur

Restore pots(regular not super) - only if using Dragon B-axe

Noted Plank

Noted Oak Plank

Noted Teak Plank

Noted Mahogany Plank

Noted Pure Essence

Blue charm

Crimson Charm

Gold charm

Green charm

Rest Food - Just incase i need it for emergancy healing and i dont have EE spec.

This will be Tanking all the way using PIety when i have the pray and once they become unaggro i will run back to the alter and restore my pray to make them aggro again.

Why use the Seers Ring? I would use beserker ring for the +4 strength. The +4 Str is btter then what a warrior ring can provide.

I'm sure you can find a guide about killing them some where. Either here on tip.it or by googling it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

oops meant to put warrior not seers sorry and i cant afford the zerker ring because its like...8m now?

More like 5m. And you can always sell it back once you're done training. Or keep it for later training as it is good ring, unless you play MA and get one of those rings.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Well because your already over 85 defence, I would suggest using a fighter torso or if you can afford it a Bandos chest. With legs you could also use dragon legs as in the long run they will be cheaper then dharoks. With your attack and strength you are looking at 70-80k exp per hour I would say.

So work it out from there :P

Oh and take some super attacks and strengths, it really speeds it up :)

4sDIn.png

I used the following setup:

Helm: Neitiznot

Necklace: Salve (e)

Torso: Proselyte

Legs: Proselyte

Boots: Dragon

Cape: Legends (Soul Wars Cape now)

Weapon: Whip

Gloves: Dark (barrows)

Sheild: Rune Defender

Ring: Explorers 3

Spec Weapon: DDS

For inventory I took one super strength and super attack per bunyip pouch and 2-3 monkfish just in case. I always used piety, and recharged it when needed. Drink one dose of your potions everytime you re-aggro.

Can't improve much, except maybe Prossy/Bandos > Dh

Well because your already over 85 defence, I would suggest using a fighter torso or if you can afford it a Bandos chest. With legs you could also use dragon legs as in the long run they will be cheaper then dharoks. With your attack and strength you are looking at 70-80k exp per hour I would say.

So work it out from there :P

Oh and take some super attacks and strengths, it really speeds it up :)

Prossy>torso and bandos there. Torso is pretty much junk everywhere and the prayer bonus of prossy makes it better then bandos.

Don't bother with any barrows as armour wear full prossy with neitnotz or full void (yes it does stack), but full dharok actually does speed it up an extra 10-15k/hour. Bring super sets instead of dragon battleaxe too. For the shield don't bother with anything other than a rune defender at armoured zombies. Training on defensive with super sets in void I was averaging about 80-85k xp/hour with stats similar to yours(I think I was 86 attack and 90 strength) when I did 88-99 defence there.

I dont really want to bother with prossy as i wont be using the first spot closest to the alter. If anything i will be using the 2nd or 3rd spot simotaniously to get as they become unaggro.

Well if you aren't going to pray use void.

void has horrible defence though so i would need more food and more bunyip pouches wouldnt i?

Not really with a bunyip and your defence you'll be fine. But more bunyip pouches would make the trips longer if that's what you want. Oh and if you have enhanced excaliber bring it.

Did you peity the whole time, bunyip and rapid heal when you was using void?

Last time I was there SGS and bunyip was overhealing me with void.

You have to always run to the altar the moment your prayer hits 0, even if your in combat, otherwise the damage will soon build up.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

i was only using piety and bunyip nobody told me to use rapid heal lol...either way tho i dont like having to run to the alter every single time my pray runs out so i think i will stick to my tanking method. Any more advice on how i can improve my setup and inventory?

i was only using piety and bunyip nobody told me to use rapid heal lol...either way tho i dont like having to run to the alter every single time my pray runs out so i think i will stick to my tanking method. Any more advice on how i can improve my setup and inventory?

Use anything but barrows it's a waste at armoured zombies. Idk why bunyip didn't heal enough I did it with 90 defence only using piety and didn't have trouble. Did you bring an enhanced excaliber?

didnt know i was suppose to bring it or i would have lol, well i can make up for the barrows repair since i have over 18m in the bank just sitting around and the extra D really helps in the long run. I guess i can try using void again but it seems a little too risky for me. Other than barrows what would be good to use (please dont tell me to buy bandos because i cant afford it and prossy im not using because it has horrible defence and im not going to be using protect prays)

Your completely forgetting the whole reason people use AZ's as opposed to other methods.

Salve (e) and free prayer.

Cut out the free prayer and you may as well kill ankou. As they will work out roughly the same exp/hour, more gp/hour and less crowded.

23% strength and 20% attack really add a lot of exp/hour.

25% of your defense massively decreases the damage.

If you don't want to pray to often use prossy. The defense stats look bad but piety all the time with ee and bunyip, you'll take less damage then you heal and get far more exp/hour do the the 20/23% bonus.

you only have to pray once very 3 minutes (20 prayer bonus) which is ideal if you semi afk.

Thats 20 times per hour at the most, the rest is just waiting for the exp to come and the prayer to drain.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]