Zamorak symbol

Zepheras

Recently I've been confused by what the Zamorak symbol should be. I've always thought that it looks like a M, such as the unholy symbol, and the Zamorak staff (W) was an anomaly. But when I look through the pictures in the item database, it seems that there's 50% M and 50% W images of the symbol. Does it not matter what the orientation is?

Funny, years of playing and I still don't know how the Zamorak symbol is supposed to be like. :unsure:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I do not think it matters.

Recently I've been confused by what the Zamorak symbol should be. I've always thought that it looks like a M, such as the unholy symbol, and the Zamorak staff (W) was an anomaly. But when I look through the pictures in the item database, it seems that there's 50% M and 50% W images of the symbol. Does it not matter what the orientation is?

Funny, years of playing and I still don't know how the Zamorak symbol is supposed to be like. :unsure:

Funny, I have never noticed that! I'm going to look more into it and post here if i find something. :grin:

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

I can't think orientation matters with it.

Though I kinda assume the W form to be "correct" as that is the way it is displayed on altars if I recall correctly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

whast I find odd is that the zamorakian spear has niether a W or M on it.

Anyways, they're the same symbol, just flipped either way to look better on the object. An M would look odd on the top of a staff in my opinion.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

whast I find odd is that the zamorakian spear has niether a W or M on it.

Anyways, they're the same symbol, just flipped either way to look better on the object. An M would look odd on the top of a staff in my opinion.

If that's the case, I'm fine with the hypothesis. But I can find the two versions as printed images on objects as well.

Printed logos:

Zamorak Cloak -- M

Zamorak Platebody -- W

Objects:

Zamorak Crozier -- M

Unholy Symbol -- M

Zamorak Staff -- W

Zamorak Mjolnir -- W

These are gotten from images I see using the Grand Exchange database. Some objects are unclear, so I didn't include them.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Zammy symbol is not focused on any specific letter, but instead it's focused on three points that sticks out

He knows that, but it's easier to call it a letter to say which way it sticks out.

I think Yak meant unlike other symbols where they have a specific way up to go Zamoraks symbol is about the 3 pointed shape, and as long as it is the 3 pointed shape it is his symbol reagardless of it being W M E or a back to front E

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Zammy symbol is not focused on any specific letter, but instead it's focused on three points that sticks out

He knows that, but it's easier to call it a letter to say which way it sticks out.

I think Yak meant unlike other symbols where they have a specific way up to go Zamoraks symbol is about the 3 pointed shape, and as long as it is the 3 pointed shape it is his symbol reagardless of it being W M E or a back to front E

You mean like a 3? :razz:

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007