Whatshould i use my experience lamps on

daryl_r_j

Well I have a couple of experience lamps to use and I was wondering what would probably be the best ones to use them on .. I got the two for the one small favor plus a couple more ... I was thinking herblore, prayer, construction, or summoning.

My levels are 52 herb, 51 prayer, 44 construction, 45 summoning.

I don't know which one would be the most expensive to train. I pretty much want all the levels equally with maybe a slight emphasis on summoning.

Prayer by far. It's either very expensive, or takes very long to train. Also, it is really helpful!

The higher prayer you have, the better off you will be.

long to train? it earns like 250k-300k xp/hour

i say go for herblore, roughly as expensive as prayer, but much slower to train

that or summoning/slayer/runecrafting if money isnt a problem for you

Naaxi.png

Well money is a slight issue for me. I was planning on buying about 1 to 2 mill worth of dragon bones and figuring that should get me a up a couple of levels ... but is construction more expensive to raise? I figured that it would be but i have no personal experience with that skill as all i have is an empty house.

Well money is a slight issue for me. I was planning on buying about 1 to 2 mill worth of dragon bones and figuring that should get me a up a couple of levels ... but is construction more expensive to raise? I figured that it would be but i have no personal experience with that skill as all i have is an empty house.

Construction is designed to be a moneypit, so yes, it's expensive to raise. You may want to use the lamps on that. Although Summoning is also a pain to work on levelling. Particularly if you haven't been fighting things and getting charms due to being busy with other skills.

Playing Tears of Guthix and hunting for Penguins are other good ways to get your xp up faster, BTW. So's Circus but that's for specific skills.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Well yeah i've been using tears for all my summoning and construction experience. I do the circus weekly for the mage exp especially ... however i have never hunted penguins ... how do I go about that ? I think i have 20 or so points from seeing them while traveling though. For summoning i have about 2k gold 1.2k crimson 800 green and about 500 blue. Gotta love slayer

Herblore is much more expensive to train that Prayer, last time I checked.

Prayer by far. It's either very expensive, or takes very long to train. Also, it is really helpful!

The higher prayer you have, the better off you will be.

I said it is expensive OR takes long to train. If you are willing to pay for it, then you can gain the XP fairly quickly. If you do not buy the bones, there is no way to earn 250k XP an hour.

Even if you are the one who got all the bones and you use them on an alter, you had to spend all the time gathering the bones.

Big_Stingman.png

Use it on prayer. herblore has no uses until ur at a ((cabbage) high of a lvl

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Prayer and Herblore are somewhat the same in that you need to hit a "critical level" until you gain any real benefit (of course, for prayer you get the "benefit" of extra prayer points, but they really don't make a difference). Although still, xp is xp, and it's less xp you have to gain later. I'd still spend it on Herblore, although at a low level, I suppose it's debateable.

Prayer and Herblore are somewhat the same in that you need to hit a "critical level" until you gain any real benefit (of course, for prayer you get the "benefit" of extra prayer points, but they really don't make a difference). Although still, xp is xp, and it's less xp you have to gain later. I'd still spend it on Herblore, although at a low level, I suppose it's debateable.

Yes the do make quite the difference. The higher prayer level you have, the more prayer points you start out with. Also, when you drink prayer potions, you get *more* out of each does because it is something like 1/3 of your prayer level per dose is the amount of points you restore.

Big_Stingman.png

He means there isn't really any middle ground.

Ether you fork over millions for Dbones + ecto/g altar, or you face slow EXP rates with big bones.

And herblore isn't really useful till you can spend millions to get it around the level for Extremes or overloads. Unless you're a DIY kind of person.

Out of all of them, id go with prayer. Since it's really expensive to train atm, and it's useful at every level(slower drain rates).

Construction isn't that big of a money if you're just training it. With oak larders + SC hammers, it can be very fast and not to-to expensive. Re-modeling your house is when the money starts coming into play. But it's well worth it if you do it right(I modeled my house to be extremely efficient).

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Don't use it on construction, it's less useful than herblore, for example, if you can use extreme potions. In terms of the most useful, unless you plan of going slayer for a few months use them on summoning. It is used with all skills, and will be required for some activities if you want to do them efficiently (for example, nat runecrafting).

Of course, you could also use them on the skill that you hate training the most :P.

disturbeda.png

I always use lamps/books/penguin points etc. on prayer. Its quite expensive, and I actually got from 70 to 79 without burying a single bone

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

Yes the do make quite the difference. The higher prayer level you have, the more prayer points you start out with. Also, when you drink prayer potions, you get *more* out of each does because it is something like 1/3 of your prayer level per dose is the amount of points you restore.

Ok, go to a GWD team with a minimum requirement of 70 prayer and tell them you have 69 prayer. Use that same argument. You won't get accepted.

Prayer points are so ridiculously easy to replace, and that 1 prayer point bonus is just another reason why hitting "critical levels" is essential.