Google Buzz

Garlock

So the forum is tech and computers so i figure this would be the right place to post this.

Anyways I have a gmail account and have noticed the new feature Google Buzz. Sort of like Tumblr or Twitter but built into the email. What is everyone thoughts about it? I enjoy it however only one of my friends use it so far.

I haven't tried it out yet, simply because I really don't really go to the gmail website a whole lot, but I don't know, it seems interesting if you always have the gmail website open making it easier to check your twitter, etc especially if use a computer a lot for work and such and always have to have your email open.

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah I would agree, certainly consolidates several social media technologies into one place. My only concern is that recently the importance of email has gone down hill. I no longer build my networks around email because everyone is on Facebook. I usually just private message or write on their wall. Last time I cared about my friends email was during middle school and MSN messenger. Plus people need to have a gmail account in order to use buzz I believe.

I think Twitter can be quite useful if you're a musician, company or just someone that has a life interesting enough to read about. I had an account there and kept it for a month before deleting it, mostly out of pure laziness. My life isn't also very interesting; updates consisted of "playing this game," "watching this show," et cetera. The fact that I also quite like my anonymity these days is another factor - the only social networking site I really use is Last.fm, and I keep stuff ambiguous on there.

I really don't see the need for another Twitter/Tumblr clone, though.

Might be useful for businesses (like Wave...), but for a casual social networking user, there's really no innovation or point here. All Google is doing is covering their bases in the cloud world.

Facebook still dominates in every aspect for social networking. There is no need for any other medium. Twitter is pointless in comparison to Facebook. Anything compared to Facebook is relatively pointless for casual social networking.

Might be useful for businesses (like Wave...), but for a casual social networking user, there's really no innovation or point here. All Google is doing is covering their bases in the cloud world.

Facebook still dominates in every aspect for social networking. There is no need for any other medium. Twitter is pointless in comparison to Facebook. Anything compared to Facebook is relatively pointless for casual social networking.

Twitter is insanely useful for businesses.