turmoil or overloads?

JBlighted

Overloads and Unicorn prove to be the better option. When I decided between herblore and prayer I chose herblore as well.

Although your playstyle can alter the answer.

Depends on what you plan on doing.

I myself might get prayer up as it will help me get a higher CB lvl. After that i can then use Soul Split and Turmoil to get more GP back to then get herblore up. The same can be said for getting overloads as well.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Depends on what you plan on doing.

I myself might get prayer up as it will help me get a higher CB lvl. After that i can then use Soul Split and Turmoil to get more GP back to then get herblore up. The same can be said for getting overloads as well.

Thats how i feel about it too. Like others have said it really depends on what ur doing. When im at that point in Rs im going to get turm+soul split first then do as cptbaker said and use my prayer to get money for overs.

In other words: We got a ban hammer in varrock mines. It's jackin yo [censor] bots, slappin yo macros up, tryna ban em, so ya'll need to hide yo scripts, hide yo clicks, and hide yo logs cause they bannin errbody up in here.

8.jpg

Remember, however, that the practical use of Soul Split and Turmoil is less than the practical use of Overloads.

Soul Split and Turmoil, while great, have some pretty good alternatives, EE/SGS/healing familiars and Piety. Almost everywhere Soul Split is helpful, you can also last with alternate methods of healing. Turmoil, too, is just a mere convenience. It gives a huge boost, but Piety works extremely well already. Overloads, however, are much better than Super Sets and normal Range potions. Compare a 125 attack level to 118 attack. In addition, the Overload's boost stays intact for a full 5 minutes, even if you drink a Saradomin Brew. Thus, if you go to boss monsters and need to heal, you will not need Super Restores.

dont forget the helpfulness of super antifires :D

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Overloads if 95 prayer is going to cost the same. Zaaps pretty much summed it up, soul split and turmoil are easily replaced by other things but overloads are much better then any other potion. Honestly I would have done it if I wasn't already 90 before curses were released.

I have overloads sitting in my bank doing nothing, and I wish I had turmoil and soulsplit.

Overloads are kinda useless for most stuff indeed, so if you can I'd recommend getting 90 herb for just ext pots and 95 prayer.

2dvjurb.png

I have overloads sitting in my bank doing nothing, and I wish I had turmoil and soulsplit.

Overloads are kinda useless for most stuff indeed, so if you can I'd recommend getting 90 herb for just ext pots and 95 prayer.

I use overloads for about everything, but okay, that's also partly because I got a huge stash (3.6k) from getting 99 herblore.

I use overloads for about everything, but okay, that's also partly because I got a huge stash (3.6k) from getting 99 herblore.

Just out of curiosity, did you buy all those torstol on the ge?

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Just out of curiosity, did you buy all those torstol on the ge?

Yes, I was lucky that I didn't wait too long so I got them for 4-7k each, in the course of a few weeks (always offering max). In some way I wasn't lucky, cause I actually somehow managed to get 2k torstol from the GE for 3k each earlier right after the herblore update, but I stupidly sold them for antifires 2:1 if I recall it right.