Item Flipping

Demoli

One of my friends has gone from 50m to over 1b in a few months and become a master Flip Merchanter. He does it honestly tho and doesnt manipulate prices. He doesnt even play that much, just goes on to do his flipping and then does events with our clan. Wish i was rich @_@....

Mari0.png

Mari0.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By buying it from the slayer, and re-selling it, he is taking money that otherwise would belong to the slayer, or the buyer. What economic benefit has he provided in return? Absolutely nothing. Players should not make money from other players without providing some benefit in return, and as long as the Grand Exchange eradicates the need for a middleman, flipping items is as bad as manipulation in that sense.

Personally I disagree with this completely. The flipper is capitalizing on the impatience of others(not lookign at this specific example). to buy at a notably low price or sell at a notably high price, patience is required. People who are unwilling to wait supply the cheap items and pay the exorbitant prices. that transaction will occur whether or not the person on the other end has the sole intention of reselling/buying that same item at a different price.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Well sir, you are a pessimist.

Who never buys the drinks.

They wont say anything to your face about it.

But they know.

Pessimist or realist? I repeat, explain the world today. Heck, if you are more comfortable, explain RS today. It has been COMPLETELY changed from the beginning. How many of those changes have been in response to scanners, hackers, and cheaters?

Agree with everything you said. Took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbup:

Big_Stingman.png

• 2 months later...

^ You learn with experience. I failed about 50% of my flips when I started teaching myself. Eventually you learn what works and what doesn't and why. Then it's easy.

And I get no credit because? I told you to flip items, although you didnt really beleive me at first.

Meh.

Lol forgot this is a dead thread - I think for now, flipping is going to be a bit harder than previously, because things don't buy and sell as easily (need moar inflation). I dunno, another influx of teh Geepeez would be nice.