26-Feb-2010 - The Big Ticket 2010

ddaanniiellh

Imagine boarding a plane to Cambridge, England, for an all-expenses-paid trip to Jagex Games Studio. You meet and question the people who put RuneScape together, settle down for a meal with Mod MMG (Mark Gerhard), get VIP treatment at an epic party, and come home with armfuls of goodies and a lifetime membership to RuneScape. It may seem too good to be true, but that is exactly what the winners of our Big Ticket 2010 can expect!

We sent Big Ticket invites to a few of you last year, but we want to increase that number massively this year, all the way up to 24! But how can you get your hands on one? If you are feeling lucky, we are staging a series of monthly prize draws for one Big Ticket; if you are feeling creative, you can gain an invitation by winning one of our competitions; and if you have been a shining star in our community, you might find us contacting you with some very good news.

The first Big Ticket will go to the winner of the current Machinima competition. The following ticket will go to the winner of our first prize draw. We’ll let you know more details about the prize draw shortly, including when the first one will take place and how to enter.

In the meantime, if you’ve any questions about the Big Ticket, you’re very welcome to ask us on our dedicated Big Ticket thread. There, you’ll also find an FAQ on page 1, as well as information on upcoming Big Ticket competitions as they happen, and details on how to be a shining star in the community.

The best of luck to everyone taking part!

Mod Paul M

Community Management

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Willy Wonka.

Jagex's giving their headquarters away! =D>

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I'd love to go, but I don't think I'm allowed back in England ever since the "incident." -.-

Drive on the wrong side of the road?

I would enter, but the chance of winning is like winning the lottery, and i'd much rather keep my luck for said lottery.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'd love to go, but I don't think I'm allowed back in England ever since the "incident." -.-

Drive on the wrong side of the road?

I would enter, but the chance of winning is like winning the lottery, and i'd much rather keep my luck for said lottery.

No, I convinced one of the members of the Royal Family to go to a party dressed up like a mock Nazi. It didn't turn out well and he said I'd never be allowed back in. :unsure:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I want my golden ticket!!!!!!!! I heard jagex secretly put them into sponsored chocolate bars.

*Goes out and buys some wonka bars*

Not that I will get a ticket but maybe I head in the opposite direction to an airport so I can fly to heathrow or whatever then travel back up to cambridge. Sure it would make the journey 10x longer but I hopefully get 1st class tickets for once. Havnt been on a plane in years.

I hope they do a lottery for people to attempt.

Why not a few random Runescape Cards that when you buy them and enter in the code you get a Lifetime Membership. That's much more of a Wonka Ticket.

Give me the choice between a trip in England and a free lifetime membership, I choose the trip anytime.

Oh, and STOP saying that everything Jagex does is wrong.

WarBlastoise.png

Why not a few random Runescape Cards that when you buy them and enter in the code you get a Lifetime Membership. That's much more of a Wonka Ticket.

Give me the choice between a trip in England and a free lifetime membership, I choose the trip anytime.

Well, I was simply saying as far as the idea of Wonka Tickets go my scenario is a little more closer to the original.

And I don't think everything they do it wrong, just a lot of stuff for the past year or so.Oh, and before you can tell me to leave then, no. I've spent enough time on the game to just pack and leave like that. I am seriously considering it. I'll see how things go after the new skill.

Women complain, it's what they do best. :smile:

What do you think the odds on winnng would be? 1/30,000?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

And guys are only good for moving around furniture and going out and picking us up feminine hygeine products.

I don't know what the odds would be, but if they announced it, I bet they'd get a good jump is sales of those cards.

It depends really, in my case very slim.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Aye, men are practical, fun and good cauriers :grin: M>F

What sort of cards are you on about. Do you mean pokemon card type things in a shop?

I wouldn't mind knowing how many people have entered.

zqXeV.jpg

Aye, men are practical, fun and good cauriers :grin: M>F

What sort of cards are you on about. Do you mean pokemon card type things in a shop?

I wouldn't mind knowing how many people have entered.

No, the Runescape Membership cards that you can get over here at Target or 7-11 stores. Oh and the ones you get from the online store.

Let's say 10 of the one month and 10 of the 3 month cards would give you lifetime membership when you enter in the code.

Mod Wonka. :P

I thought the incentive was the trip, not the free membership. I certainly wouldn't miss a chance to go see the HQ. The membership does not interest me as I don't have time to play and still wouldn't even if I got it for free. I would probably feel strange there however, I think compared to the 'exotic' foreigners they seem to have invited over so far, seeing a kid turn up from just up the road would make them think they are getting robbed. I would hope they invite at least a few 'older' gamers this time. Not calling the others prior to this kids, but I think having some older visitors could give a new perspective to them.

zqXeV.jpg

I'd love to take a shot at one... but I'm sort of not allowed to be a passenger on an aircraft in the US.

Can still fly one though.

You can't get out of the US?

Or in?

If it's in it does not matter, Jagex HQ is in the UK.

zqXeV.jpg

I'd love to take a shot at one... but I'm sort of not allowed to be a passenger on an aircraft in the US.

Can still fly one though.

You can't get out of the US?

Or in?

If it's in it does not matter, Jagex HQ is in the UK.

If only this was the "win an aeroplane and a trip to jagex hq" ticket thingy :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I thought the incentive was the trip, not the free membership. I certainly wouldn't miss a chance to go see the HQ. The membership does not interest me as I don't have time to play and still wouldn't even if I got it for free. I would probably feel strange there however, I think compared to the 'exotic' foreigners they seem to have invited over so far, seeing a kid turn up from just up the road would make them think they are getting robbed. I would hope they invite at least a few 'older' gamers this time. Not calling the others prior to this kids, but I think having some older visitors could give a new perspective to them.

I know, but when we started talking about Wonka I thought my idea fit better into that. Generally speaking, the trip would be the best part of the package they proposed.

I know, but when we started talking about Wonka I thought my idea fit better into that. Generally speaking, the trip would be the best part of the package they proposed.

Ah I see, I really need to read more than just the last few posts. To be honest, if I went I wouldn't resist asking if they have any jobs going.

zqXeV.jpg