03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

This is an update as useless as putting gates at the exits to Varrok.

The only thing this update does is probably screw over pkers, corp masses, and places like clan/castle wars.

I mean really, I'm pretty sure i don't want four three digit hits on me when i get claw speced and I'm sensing that there will be huge [wagon] lag at any place where a lot of damage is happening at once. (corp beast anyone?)

Really, don't fix whats not broken (Jagex is really bad at this is anyone's noticed), nothing good came out of this update and the only thing it does is negatively impact combat into a complicated laggy mess.

they should at least make it so you can turn off the 10x multiplier....

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing this update does is probably screw over pkers, corp masses, and places like clan/castle wars.

I mean really, I'm pretty sure i don't want four three digit hits on me when i get claw speced and I'm sensing that there will be huge [wagon] lag at any place where a lot of damage is happening at once. (corp beast anyone?)

Really, don't fix whats not broken (Jagex is really bad at this is anyone's noticed), nothing good came out of this update and the only thing it does is negatively impact combat into a complicated laggy mess.

Now that is a GREAT idea. Being able to turn off the multiplier.

When we got the new CEO of runescape, we wanted some change and get things fixed. We didn't want them to change the game.

When we got the new CEO of runescape, we wanted some change and get things fixed. We didn't want them to change the game.

Is it just me or did you just say you wanted change and then the very next sentence you didn't want them to change the game......... And you act like you elected the new CEO because you wanted something.

OT: The new HP (I refuse to call it LP) thing opens up new things for them to be able to do to the skill. They can now add something like a new armour or jewelry or potion that boosts your max hp level but doesn't heal you. Instead of your normal hp level (lets go with 90) it could be boosted to 95 allowing you to be able to heal up to above normal. Not to mention the fact that a 5.4 would round down to a 5 but now hits can be more accurate and hit 54s instead of rounding it down. It's better this way and you refuse to believe it because you want everything to always be the same just because it isn't broken. That's like saying I have a lawnmower it's not broken but it's 10 years old and out of date why should I get a new better, faster one.

:shock: Ok I'm really trying hard to understand all this update...... Right ok, let me talk through what I think is happening whilst you lot tell me if I'm right.

They changed HP to Constitution which in turn takes your HP and multiplys it by 10.

This new HP can open up ways for them to add new armours etc? :S I don't see how....... Couldn't they have done that with the old HP?

For example: "oh I have 92 HP, *puts on armour* yay now I have 99 HP as this boosts my HP above my base level"......... So they're doing the same thing with new HP? "Oh I have 92 constitution, *puts on armour* yays I have 990 HP"....... It kinda makes no sense how they couldn't do it with the old HP from what I hear and understand from reading all 30 of these pages last night whilst on here posting too....... What about rocktails etc? They healed you ABOVE your old HP, do they do the same now with new HP?

I don't exactly see why they changed the system :unsure: :???: Everyone is saying "just imagine it without the 0 on the end"...... well then..... If I imagine it without the 0 on the end then it's the old HP....... and then everyone's all "amg new armourz and potz to raise HP :o :o"...... and all I can see is..... *whacks 0 off*.... ummm..... why can't they do this with normal HP?

It just doesn't make sense to me..... it feels like I'm bashing my head against my wall here not being able to understand why they couldn't keep the old HP to do the same things....... :wall:

Someone? Anyone?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Is it just me or did you just say you wanted change and then the very next sentence you didn't want them to change the game......... And you act like you elected the new CEO because you wanted something.

OT: The new HP (I refuse to call it LP) thing opens up new things for them to be able to do to the skill. They can now add something like a new armour or jewelry or potion that boosts your max hp level but doesn't heal you. Instead of your normal hp level (lets go with 90) it could be boosted to 95 allowing you to be able to heal up to above normal. Not to mention the fact that a 5.4 would round down to a 5 but now hits can be more accurate and hit 54s instead of rounding it down. It's better this way and you refuse to believe it because you want everything to always be the same just because it isn't broken. That's like saying I have a lawnmower it's not broken but it's 10 years old and out of date why should I get a new better, faster one.

Rofl? This isn't better at all. it's worse.

They could add the new armor either way if there was the lifepoints or the hitpoints (blahahahaha what are we playing yugioh now?)

The point of this update was obviously to help noobs because they hit 0's too much because they don't have a high enough attack level or are attacking something with high defence.

I think this update was probably designed to make runescape "cooler" to people who have never seen it before tbh... -> WOW I CAN HIT LIKE 800 IN THIS GAME ITS SOOO COOL!

the biggest beef I have about this update is the fact that places with multiple people taking damage will be a huge laggy mess, even more so than it was before.

WHY you would support this, "oh yay i hit 3 more but it doesn't really help because this monster has 20k hp!"

Accuracy? L... hitting 5.4 instead of hitting 5 is not that great a difference to be completely honest, plus your actually not gaining or losing any damage since .5+ rounds up.

all in all the main rant about this update for most people is the lag and the "larger" hits take up more space. (claws lol....)

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

They could add the new armor either way if there was the lifepoints or the hitpoints (blahahahaha what are we playing yugioh now?)

The point of this update was obviously to help noobs because they hit 0's too much because they don't have a high enough attack level or are attacking something with high defence.

I think this update was probably designed to make runescape "cooler" to people who have never seen it before tbh... -> WOW I CAN HIT LIKE 800 IN THIS GAME ITS SOOO COOL!

the biggest beef I have about this update is the fact that places with multiple people taking damage will be a huge laggy mess, even more so than it was before.

WHY you would support this, "oh yay i hit 3 more but it doesn't really help because this monster has 20k hp!"

Accuracy? L... hitting 5.4 instead of hitting 5 is not that great a difference to be completely honest, plus your actually not gaining or losing any damage since .5+ rounds up.

all in all the main rant about this update for most people is the lag and the "larger" hits take up more space. (claws lol....)

You sound like a small child.

:shock: Ok I'm really trying hard to understand all this update...... Right ok, let me talk through what I think is happening whilst you lot tell me if I'm right.

They changed HP to Constitution which in turn takes your HP and multiplys it by 10.

This new HP can open up ways for them to add new armours etc? :S I don't see how....... Couldn't they have done that with the old HP?

For example: "oh I have 92 HP, *puts on armour* yay now I have 99 HP as this boosts my HP above my base level"......... So they're doing the same thing with new HP? "Oh I have 92 constitution, *puts on armour* yays I have 990 HP"....... It kinda makes no sense how they couldn't do it with the old HP from what I hear and understand from reading all 30 of these pages last night whilst on here posting too....... What about rocktails etc? They healed you ABOVE your old HP, do they do the same now with new HP?

I don't exactly see why they changed the system :unsure: :???: Everyone is saying "just imagine it without the 0 on the end"...... well then..... If I imagine it without the 0 on the end then it's the old HP....... and then everyone's all "amg new armourz and potz to raise HP :o :o"...... and all I can see is..... *whacks 0 off*.... ummm..... why can't they do this with normal HP?

It just doesn't make sense to me..... it feels like I'm bashing my head against my wall here not being able to understand why they couldn't keep the old HP to do the same things....... :wall:

Someone? Anyone?

It seems a lot of people do not understand it, so I am going to take some time to explain it. (Time to introduce the bad pain skills)

I will edit this when my guide on how it works is done as it will take some time (but it is coming)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You sound like a small child.

Agreed. Howbadisbad clearly did not understand the significance of this update. If he had taken to the time to skim through this thread, he would be singing a different tune.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

*gets rid of long quote line*

Lol, i just skimmed through 10 pages, you know what I saw? The very thing i said new people would love about this update!

I often saw posts along the lines of "I like this update because I hit higher!" or "I like this update because I have more hp!"

Just proving my point?

arcane_stew.png

Well, this topic has got rather out of hand since last night. No point in clearing flame which is now out of the way, but any more flame between users here will not be tolerated, this is your one and only warning.

*reaches for a hammer*

Now are you going to stop flaming before my hand gets there?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Someone? Anyone?

You seem to have skipped over the part about how the level doesn't decrease when you get hit anymore. Now you actually do have 99 hp instead of 55/99 on your skills thing. This makes it so they can make a boost to make your skill LEVEL something like 105/99 and not your life points. In other words, there's a difference between your level and your life points now. Rocktails can still heal you above your max life points but it won't boost your level. Boosting your level would make that your max life points now meaning you could eat anything to heal up to your boosted skill level's life point amount.

Oh and if I were you I'd get over the 0 tacked on the end..... One little 0 isn't a big enough reason to hate an update. And the extra 0 tacked on to each hit isn't going to cause a huge lag that burns your computer to the ground then explodes it into your face while you're trying to figure out why it burned.

*gets rid of long quote line*

Lol, i just skimmed through 10 pages, you know what I saw? The very thing i said new people would love about this update!

I often saw posts along the lines of "I like this update because I hit higher!" or "I like this update because I have more hp!"

Just proving my point?

Lol @ how you didn't read the thread. I think you went to RSOF instead.

@ Dan

Who are you talking too? There isn't any "flaming" going on atm. Just a clash on this update.

@ Robert

They could do the exact same thing with old hp. Have your level stay 99/99 even though you are on 55 hp...

And in situations with large clan wars (for example 100 Vs 100 wars since I'm in those a lot.) adding an extra digit will make you lag significantly more if you get into a hot section of the course.

Btw, You called them life points when in a previous post you said you would call them hitpoints still :razz:

EDIT: i'll go quote some after i come back from dinner.

arcane_stew.png

Ok, here is my pictorial explanation of how the new HP system works and will work for future items (using my extreme paint skills)

Ok, here is how the old HP system would work. On the left is the regular HP. Then, to the right you user has drank a HP increasing item, increasing their HP level to 14, which in turn makes their HP 14. They then get hit for 6, lowering their HP level down to 8, and their HP to 8. They then try to heal up by eating a shark. Because of the way the HP system worked, they cannot heal past their original HP level of 10.

[hide]aoxdhv.png[/hide]

However, this is how the new system works. The players Constitution level is 99, so they have 990HP (i use HP instead of LP, but they are the same thing). They drink a stat increasing potion which increases their constitution level to 120. This in turn increases their HP to 1200. they then proceed to get hit for 324 bringing their HP to below the original amount, but dos not lower the Constitution level. They then eat a shark, healing them by 200. Because of the new system, they can heal their HP above its original amount because the constitution level is not directly the HP any more.

[hide]10qavdv.png[/hide]

I hope that clears some things up, even with the bad pictures.

zqXeV.jpg

Ok, here is my pictorial explanation of how the new HP system works and will work for future items (using my extreme paint skills)

Ok, here is how the old HP system would work. On the left is the regular HP. Then, to the right you user has drank a HP increasing item, increasing their HP level to 14, which in turn makes their HP 14. They then get hit for 6, lowering their HP level down to 8, and their HP to 8. They then try to heal up by eating a shark. Because of the way the HP system worked, they cannot heal past their original HP level of 10.

[hide]aoxdhv.png[/hide]

However, this is how the new system works. The players Constitution level is 99, so they have 990HP (i use HP instead of LP, but they are the same thing). They drink a stat increasing potion which increases their constitution level to 120. This in turn increases their HP to 1200. they then proceed to get hit for 324 bringing their HP to below the original amount, but dos not lower the Constitution level. They then eat a shark, healing them by 200. Because of the new system, they can heal their HP above its original amount because the constitution level is not directly the HP any more.

[hide]10qavdv.png[/hide]

I hope that clears some things up, even with the bad pictures.

Making it harder for a lucky OHKO so making pvp scenarios less luck based

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

@ Dan

Who are you talking too? There isn't any "flaming" going on atm. Just a clash on this update.

@ Robert

They could do the exact same thing with old hp. Have your level stay 99/99 even though you are on 55 hp...

And in situations with large clan wars (for example 100 Vs 100 wars since I'm in those a lot.) adding an extra digit will make you lag significantly more if you get into a hot section of the course.

Btw, You called them life points when in a previous post you said you would call them hitpoints still :razz:

EDIT: i'll go quote some after i come back from dinner.

Called them life points because it wouldn't make much sense if I tried to explain how it's different and use the same word. Way to back down to the smallest detail because you have nothing else. :thumbup:

Here's an example of how the extra 0 changed it.

The monster starts with 90 hp

You hit a 5-4-6-7-2 that = 24 now say that 5 is a 5.3 then 4 is a 3.6, 6 = 6.4, 7= 7.4, 2 = 1.8 they're all rounded off. It's left with 66/90 hp

Those are now:

53-36-64-74-18 that = 245. It's left with 655 hp. You did more damage because if you divide that by 10 it would round up to a 25 or 65/90 hp.

See how even on small hits that little rounding causes you to deal more or less damage.

Here's one with higher hits

The monster starts with 500 hp

55-34-68-21. You did 178 damage the monster is left with 322 hp. Rounded numbers = 54.8, 34.3, 68.4, 21.4

Those are now:

548-343-684-214. You did 1789 damage the monster is left with 3211 hp. You did more damage again because if you divide and round you're left with 179 damage and it's left with 321 hp.

It's more accurate.

For those of you explaining that the 10x HP thing is useless --> Note: You can't add

Go kill something. When you hit 118, shave off the 8. When you hit 213, shave off the 3. Add all those shaved numbers after about an hour of combat. That's your increased efficiency due to this update.

Hey, lookey there. My 3rd grade skills just pwned all the complete idiots.

guido_49.png

For those of you explaining that the 10x HP thing is useless --> Note: You can't add

Go kill something. When you hit 118, shave off the 8. When you hit 213, shave off the 3. Add all those shaved numbers after about an hour of combat. That's your increased efficiency due to this update.

It added 1 damage in just 5 hits with the random numbers I just used one post above you. Can't imagine how much it would add after 1 hour of straight combat. Any idea how many hits you could get in that time? Kinda want to figure it out lol.

EDIT: I'm sorry it added 1 damage in 4 hits.

It added 1 damage in just 5 hits with the random numbers I just used one post above you. Can't imagine how much it would add after 1 hour of straight combat. Any idea how many hits you could get in that time? Kinda want to figure it out lol.

I'm pretty sure you can get a couple thousand hits in an hour with whip. Total guess on my part, though. But take your values and extrapolate it over the course of 99 str. It's pretty damn efficient.

guido_49.png

I'm pretty sure you can get a couple thousand hits in an hour with whip. Total guess on my part, though. But take your values and extrapolate it over the course of 99 str. It's pretty damn efficient.

Ya the first numbers are only 5s and 4s in the original way.

I'm talking about melee here. Think about what this does for bursting or chinning. All the decimal places that got rounded down would probably add up to a crap load, considering all you do is just sit there while you do damage to 9 monsters at a time.

guido_49.png

I'm talking about melee here. Think about what this does for bursting or chinning. All the decimal places that got rounded down would probably add up to a crap load, considering all you do is just sit there while you do damage to 9 monsters at a time.

I could imagine posting something like this on RSOF would shatter some ranters hopes and dreams.

People don't like change, I argued with a guy who said this update would make his training so much slower and such, he claims he was 43, yet told me that hitting a 5 now is like hitting a .005 before. I tried to explain his flaw in his math skills but he wouldn't take that into consideration as he ran away to the grand exchange.

Low_C.png