Need moneymaking methods for F2P

Ren

OK, I'm in pursuit of a Purple, Yellow, or Green partyhat at most, and at least a Disk of Returning. I was wondering what the best way to go about achieving money for this would be. Or at least some creative ideas as to how to gain money on F2P, that way I can somewhat create a method my own way or something..

I have 15M cash, and my stats are at the bottom. I really don't intend on flipping for it, even if it is the best guarenteed way to go about it. I'd rather use my account to get the money, not the G.E...

Please don't say "well ur screwed noob, no chance of getting phat that way", not that it really matters what you think. I just don't want spam on my thread.

553VriC.png?1

In truth you'd have to flip a few items with the GE to get even close to a phat without your spending 1000's of hours collecting items.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

In truth you'd have to flip a few items with the GE to get even close to a phat without your spending 1000's of hours collecting items.

:thumbdown:

This is what I don't want posted anymore. Kthx, people.

553VriC.png?1

So far I like the thought of using PKing, mining gold (if its actually that good) to 85, then doing runite mining all together.. But I still would like more suggestions. :thumbsup:

553VriC.png?1

i chopped yews for most of my f2p time on another account of mine. but since that is extremely boring i dont reccomend it. other than that gold mining and then rune would probably be your best bet since pking in f2p doesnt really give the best profit, and as i find, is hard because you have no special attacks with which you could a 750 or around there.

Gigajie2.png

It will be really hard to get those. Your best bet is using the ge with some kind of merching/flipping/investing along with a good money maker. The best money makers I know for f2p are:

- uncooked pizza making, like 1.3 mill an hour. The only problem is that cheese is unbuyable, so not working unless you are able to get alot cheese.

- Pie shells making. Prices change alot, but can be 800k an hour. Pie dish are hard to buy, but you will buy some over time.

- Runite mining. This is way better then any other money makker using skills, 500k + an hour is possible.

- GOP - never tried it myself, buy if you're good at the game and buy water tallies. You should be able to get atleast a few 100k an hour. ;)

- soft clay making - Easy but no exp, 100k+ I believe.

- Common methodes like fishing lobbies/swordies, yews, iron/coal mining, smelting steel bars. They aren't the way to go If you want to buy a phat. Most are like 40-80 an hour.

And it's possible. I'm purely f2p and got myself 275 mill atm (almost a phat lol -,-)

It will be really hard to get those. Your best bet is using the ge with some kind of merching/flipping/investing along with a good money maker. The best money makers I know for f2p are:

- uncooked pizza making, like 1.3 mill an hour. The only problem is that cheese is unbuyable, so not working unless you are able to get alot cheese.

- Pie shells making. Prices change alot, but can be 800k an hour. Pie dish are hard to buy, but you will buy some over time.

- Runite mining. This is way better then any other money makker using skills, 500k + an hour is possible.

- GOP - never tried it myself, buy if you're good at the game and buy water tallies. You should be able to get atleast a few 100k an hour. ;)

- Common methodes like fishing lobbies/swordies, yews, iron/coal mining, smelting steel bars. They aren't the way to go If you want to buy a phat. Most are like 40-80 an hour.

And it's possible. I'm purely f2p and got myself 275 mill atm (almost a phat lol -,-)

Wonderful suggestions! I'll keep all of these in mind and explore other things, then. Also feels nice to know someone has a large amount of moolah on F2P, congrats on that =D> .

553VriC.png?1

Wonderful suggestions! I'll keep all of these in mind and explore other things, then. Also feels nice to know someone has a large amount of moolah on F2P, congrats on that =D> .

Ye, good luck on that.

I made most of my starting money on runite mining, also made alot with pizza making when plain pizza's where 300 each. And I got another tip, crafting can be a good money making skill due to merchers, if you watch the markt you can earn good money will crafting (mostly ring/amulets + uncut gems...). I also made like 180 mill with merching in clans, most of them try to scam you (or atleast don't care about you), but if you dump early it can earn you a good profit. ;)

I'm surprised about the lack of mention of Runecrafting in this thread.

Essence = 68 gp atm.

Water runes = 46 gp.

Assuming you use the explorer's ring:

Your current rcing level is 50, which means you can craft 3x water runes per essence, with a chance of 4x + additional with the explorer's ring.

Let's say each inventory gives 15 extra runes from the chance and 4 extra runes from the ring.

In an hour you can make 35 trips (Draynor Bank + cabbageport), each trip you use 28 ess.

And on each trip, you make 84 + 15 + 4 = 103 water runes per inventory on average.

This equates to 4738 gp per trip.

Each ess costs 68 gp and a full inventory costs 1904 gp.

Profit = 4738 - 1904 = 2834 profit per trip.

In an hour, it would be 2834 x 35 = 99190 gp per hour.

That's for 3x.

Let's take a look at the other ones:

4x (level 57): you make 131 water runes per trip.

Profit = 6026 - 1904 = 4122 profit per trip.

Gp per hour: 4122 x 35 = 144270 gp per hour.

5x (level 76): you make 159 water runes per trip.

Profit = 7314 - 1904 = 5410 profit per trip.

Gp per hour: 5410 x 35 = 189350 profit per hour.

6x (level 95): you make 172 water runes per trip.

Profit = 7912 - 1904 = 6008 profit per trip.

Gp per hour: 6008 x 35 = 210280 profit per hour.

IMPORTANT NOTE: at 6x for water runes, the chance for more runes (not explorer's ring) stops. Same for every other type of rune (10x for air, 3x for fire, etc).

See? At over 200k gp/hour at 95+, Runecrafting really is the best long-term wise. I suggest you go with that. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'd just like to point out I was not being a complete tool with my post.

The best F2P money maker is as described above about 500k if you have over 85 in a skill or closer to 200k if you don't.

The cheapest party hat is 307.9m GE price which I would guess at being atleast an extra 50m street.

307.9/0.2=1539.5 hours or 23.5 days.

Over the past 180 days the price has doubled.

Realistically your looking at say 3 hours per day of playing which is 181 days. Now if phats keep rising buy the time you have enough for a phat at todays price it will have doubled in cost, meaning you only have half the GE value of the item.

In short without you can constantly gain over about 1m per day to keep up with the natural rise of rares your not going to even get close to a phat with basic F2P money making methods.

This is why GE flipping is one of the best methods for F2P, you can throw 20m at an item let it rise 1m in a day and make the extra cash for the actual item while the GE makes you the money.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

As it stands, the "street value" for the partyhats listed are about:

Purple: 525m

Green: 800m

Yellow: 850m

I estimate the "true value" of these partyhats to be about:

Puprle: 400m

Green: 525m

Yellow: 500m

Add on a 20% increase in value (due to the nature of discontinueds) during the time it will take you to amass this kind of money in F2P and you're looking at spending at least 500m+.

Now as for the money making...

200k per hour from runecrafting is much less than runite mining. Runite mining is THE best F2P method for money making.

If you time your ores you can get about 400k an hour F2P runite mining. The best method for making money would be mining runite while flipping in the grand exchange. Since you're adamant about not flipping, you will have to depend solely on your mining ability. You are looking at about 750 hours or MORE to get just the GE value of a purple. At 5 hours a day, it'll take you about five months of purely grinding money for a paper hat.

Your best bet as far as actually obtaining one is to snipe from the GE, I'm afraid. Nobody with a partyhat or easter egg has F2P junk, so you will never be able to buy one for their street value.

@ bladewing: I understand that runite mining is better at moneymaking than water runecrafting is, but compare the two of them.

Rune mining: Requires 85 Mining, which is tough to get. The rune mining itself is tedious too (worldhop, competition, banking, revs).

Water runecrafting: His current rc level can already earn ~100k gp/hr, which is quarter of the rune mining profit. Rc also levels slowly so there's lots of room for profit.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

@ bladewing: I understand that runite mining is better at moneymaking than water runecrafting is, but compare the two of them.

Rune mining: Requires 85 Mining, which is tough to get. The rune mining itself is tedious too (worldhop, competition, banking, revs).

Water runecrafting: His current rc level can already earn ~100k gp/hr, which is quarter of the rune mining profit. Rc also levels slowly so there's lots of room for profit.

Starting both skills at 40.

Runecrafting to 95:

Time: 1500 hours

Profit: 150-175m

Mining to 85:

Time: 250 hours

Profit: 0

Time to make 175m: 450 hours

That saves you about 800 hours. Runecrafting is simply inferior for money. Yes, runite mining is tedious, but he's working for a partyhat. No matter what he does it will be tedious. Runecrafting may be enjoyable for relaxing profit, but not for grinding out money.

Wow, thanks for the detailed posts! And the info on party hat prices is definitely helpful.

Might I say that so far, starting from ehh..68k and a few level 30 skills on a crappy character (started it 'cuz of bankspace issues on this acc), I have so far accumulated an item and gp value of 2.2M, and spent a fair amount of time and money on leveling skills. Currently 323 to 610 total level in 6 days, on my average playing time. With a character this low, I am amazed that I made that much money already. I'm nearly positive I won't have trouble getting a partyhat eventually (on g.e. is what I'm mainly hoping for), so long as I don't get bored.

This is moreso a personal goal for myself, to see if I can do it before I cave and get P2P/quit runescape. I'm trying not to atm, and doing a fine job at that :).

Again, thanks for all the details and help. Didn't know RCing was going to be that much money/hour.

553VriC.png?1

Also, would it be possible to obtain, say, 3 easter eggs on ge, and add money for a party hat (purple/green/yellow)? If so, how much cash would I have to add to obtain one?

553VriC.png?1

Great Orb Project and spend tokens on Water Runes, which are doing fantastic atm due to the double xp weekend (~10k per talisman!)

Also, would it be possible to obtain, say, 3 easter eggs on ge, and add money for a party hat (purple/green/yellow)? If so, how much cash would I have to add to obtain one?

Easter eggs are very hard to get on the GE, harder than the lower partyhats even. But if you could somehow manage to snipe three of them, you'd be able to trade three for a red partyhat. Here are the exchange rates between partyhats and easters:

Purple - 0.8 easters

Green - 1.6 easters

Yellow - 1.8 easters

Red - 3 easters

White - 6 easters

Blue - 12-13 easters

Although the higher level partyhat sellers rarely trade for easters, you'd have to trade the easters for disks/pumpkins then trade those for the hats themselves.

Easter eggs are very hard to get on the GE, harder than the lower partyhats even. But if you could somehow manage to snipe three of them, you'd be able to trade three for a red partyhat. Here are the exchange rates between partyhats and easters:

Purple - 0.8 easters

Green - 1.6 easters

Yellow - 1.8 easters

Red - 3 easters

White - 6 easters

Blue - 12-13 easters

Although the higher level partyhat sellers rarely trade for easters, you'd have to trade the easters for disks/pumpkins then trade those for the hats themselves.

Well, thanks for the info on Easters. I'll have to look into it more..

And I read on Rsof that it's actually very easy to get Easter eggs on the G.E., just sayin'..

553VriC.png?1

A purple would definitely be easier to snipe than an easter. Here's why:

1) The Easter has a higher street value.

2) The easter requires much less GP to snipe (80m vs 300m)

I'm sure any idiot on the RSOF who claims to know anything about partyhats is a reliable source, just sayin'.