Shattered Heart - Corrections/Comments

Hey I came across something that may be helpful.

This was at the ZMI alter but should apply to all RCing and probly all skilling

Heres the pic

proofb.png

notice the placement of the runecrafting stone? I had some runes, from crafting a split second before, but had not recieved any water chaos air or fire from the first click. The second batch gave me a wide variety of runes, and in the middle was the runecrafting stone.

Why is this significant? From this pic it means that the runes crafted are automaticly figured on an individual basis and you get a chance each time to get a stone. Meaning it doesnt do the whole lump at once.

How it affects everyone? Theres no point in dropping your entire load of ess and picknig them up and crafting one at a time( have heard this as a popular method for getting stones) You'll have the same chance by just going ahead and doing the whole load at once. This whould save a lotta people time.

Lord-Kain1

Crew Edit: Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! The guide has been updated to reflect this recent change, and you've been credited for all your help. We appreciate it! :) - SerpentEye

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Hey I came across something that may be helpful.

This was at the ZMI alter but should apply to all RCing and probly all skilling

Heres the pic

proofb.png

notice the placement of the runecrafting stone? I had some runes, from crafting a split second before, but had not recieved any water chaos air or fire from the first click. The second batch gave me a wide variety of runes, and in the middle was the runecrafting stone.

Why is this significant? From this pic it means that the runes crafted are automaticly figured on an individual basis and you get a chance each time to get a stone. Meaning it doesnt do the whole lump at once.

How it affects everyone? Theres no point in dropping your entire load of ess and picknig them up and crafting one at a time( have heard this as a popular method for getting stones) You'll have the same chance by just going ahead and doing the whole load at once. This whould save a lotta people time.

Lord-Kain1

Jmods are 1 step ahead of you seeing as they fixed the glitch and announced it on forums that the number of essence gives the probability of yielding a stone

So 1 essence would give a 1/28th less chance than an entire inventory

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

They did post that bug fix but I can't for the life of me find it anymore!

Also for what gives rocks in agility from what is said in the update FAQ in recent updates. It seems agility gives them by objects on the ground level.

For example me and some friends have being doing advanced gnome course past few days. We all got both agility rocks from the log balance, but not from anything else.

On Barbarian course regular people have got them from the low wall climb, but nothing else, people on advanced barb got none as that wall isn't included and you are up in the air most of the time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have updated the guide as follows:

• Hunter rocks can now be obtained via the hunter Tracking method
  • Runecrafting 1 essense at a time does not affect chances of getting a Strange rock.

Until we get concrete proof (I.E. a quote from a JMod) that Agility rocks are only obtained on ground-level obstacles, I don't feel comfortable adding anything into the guide about it. The most I've seen is this:

Suggestions (not including an xp cap) are welcome as to what to do to minimise this method of training. Again, it was never intended to cause a repetition of one obstacle. However I didn't want to force players to complete the course as I think that would be unfair, and did want to keep the methods of getting rocks in some way related to getting rocks (picking it up when crawling through pipes etc).

The underlined bit does imply that you can get them from the lower-level obstacles, but doesn't necessarily mean that you can't get them from higher-level obstacles.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Like I said from the game update FAQ QFC:15-16-625-60522791

""Why do some agility courses and fishing methods not provide strange rocks?"

Its not to do with the agility course so much as the obstacles youre crossing. With time will come the knowledge of which bits do, and do not, give rocks.

Regarding fishing, Mod Maz tried to use only the methods which would be likely to bring a large chunk of stone up from the sea/river floor containers."

The bold bit implies specific obstacles, factor in the comment about fishing eg Mod Maz tried to use things that logically would turn up stones. And it's kinda obvious that the same will be applied to agility.

Crossing a low wall - could find a rock

Swinging across monkey bars - not gonna find a rock

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide=Long reply to Paw_Claw =P]

Like I said from the game update FAQ QFC:15-16-625-60522791

""Why do some agility courses and fishing methods not provide strange rocks?"

It’s not to do with the agility course so much as the obstacles you’re crossing. With time will come the knowledge of which bits do, and do not, give rocks.

Regarding fishing, Mod Maz tried to use only the methods which would be likely to bring a large chunk of stone up from the sea/river floor – containers."

The bold bit implies specific obstacles, factor in the comment about fishing eg Mod Maz tried to use things that logically would turn up stones. And it's kinda obvious that the same will be applied to agility.

Crossing a low wall - could find a rock

Swinging across monkey bars - not gonna find a rock

Unfortunately at this point in time, it's all just speculation, and that isn't something we can write out in a guide as fact.

As Mod Emilee says in the RSOF topic you've linked to, "with time will come the knowledge of which bits do, and do not, give rocks."

For the time being, it would be very helpful if people could continue to post which Agility obstacles they have got the rocks from -- this will allow us to compile an appropriate list to put into the guide. :)

Thanks,

- SerpentEye[/hide]

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

They changed it this week anyway.

Kb now says:

* Agility: Completion of the following courses:

o Tree Gnome Stronghold course (basic or advanced).

o Agility Pyramid course.

o Barbarian Outpost course (basic or advanced).

o Ape Atoll course.

o Wilderness course.

o Werewolf course.

o Bandos' Throne Room course.

o Dorgesh-Kaan course.

o Brimhaven Agility Arena (one chance per 10 tickets)

So everywhere but penguin gives em now, but you have to complete a lap (or be collecting tickets for brimhaven)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't know if you count Pure Essence as standard ore, but I got my strange rocks from that. I don't but eh, might as well post it here. :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I don't know if you count Pure Essence as standard ore, but I got my strange rocks from that. I don't but eh, might as well post it here. :)

I'm assuming you're referring to the Strange rock for the Mining skill? :)

Yes, that is what I am talking about. I got them yesterday trying to get some pure essence.

Crew Edit: I've edited the guide to reflect this, and have credited you for your help! Thanks so much! :) - SerpentEye

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Yes ape atoll gives it

agirock.png

Crew Edit: Hi, Mck! :) As it stands right now, Ape Atoll is already listed in the guide as a way to obtain a Strange rock for Agility. :thumbsup: - SerpentEye

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Hee,

Maybe may this valuable for the guide:

While i'm fletching Yew logs into Yew Longbow (u), WITH FULL INVENTORY, one of the Yew Longbow (u) disappeared and replaced by the strange rock for Flechting skill.

> I also received a message: "Something Odd happens to the Yew Longbow(U) and you are left with a strange rock" <

I think it will also apply on skills like Herblore & Crafting.

It may be useful to add a warning on the guide that this occur. ;)

Happen also by Cooking with full inventory.

The Burned fish turns into a strange cooking rock.

[Crew Edit: Just merged your two consecutive posts into one to save space! :) -SerpentEye]

Hi, D_Jeff,

First off, thanks for your submission! We appreciate any and all help regards to keeping the site up-to-date! :thumbsup:

As it stands:

• You WILL lose one item if you obtain a rock with a FULL inventory.
    • I.E.: While Fletching, we can assume that you have 1 Knife and 27 Logs in your inventory. Even though you are actively cutting the logs into bows/stocks, you do not free up any space in doing so, and therefore one of them is destroyed in order to make room for the Strange rock.

[*]You WILL NOT lose one item if you obtain a rock with at least ONE FREE inventory slot available.

• I.E.: While training Herblore, you have 14 (Unf) pots and 14 Secondary ingredients in your inventory. Every time you make 1 potion, you free up 1 inventory slot. Therefore, you will not lose your potion if you should happen to get a Strange rock.

I hope this clarifies it up a bit! :) I do agree that this is valuable information, and have added a small paragraph about it into the guide! I have credited you for your help in pointing this missing information out to us!

If you need anything else, please let us know!

Thanks,

- SerpentEye

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, D_Jeff,

First off, thanks for your submission! We appreciate any and all help regards to keeping the site up-to-date! :thumbsup:

As it stands:

• You WILL lose one item if you obtain a rock with a FULL inventory.
    • I.E.: While Fletching, we can assume that you have 1 Knife and 27 Logs in your inventory. Even though you are actively cutting the logs into bows/stocks, you do not free up any space in doing so, and therefore one of them is destroyed in order to make room for the Strange rock.

[*]You WILL NOT lose one item if you obtain a rock with at least ONE FREE inventory slot available.

• I.E.: While training Herblore, you have 14 (Unf) pots and 14 Secondary ingredients in your inventory. Every time you make 1 potion, you free up 1 inventory slot. Therefore, you will not lose your potion if you should happen to get a Strange rock.

I hope this clarifies it up a bit! :) I do agree that this is valuable information, and have added a small paragraph about it into the guide! I have credited you for your help in pointing this missing information out to us!

If you need anything else, please let us know!

Thanks,

- SerpentEye

As you say it ;)

That is exact what was trying to explain.

Anyways Thxs for Credits =D

-- If necessary i will continue for looking valuable information --

Yours,

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if you want to put this into the guide or not, but when hunting falconry, you get the stone right when the falcon hits the kebbit, not when you pick it up. So you can get the stone even when you fail, which i actually have done before.

Also, in the werewolf agility course you get the stone when you hand the trainer the stick, and you can get it even when you fail the zipline thing, cause i have also done that before.

Another thing is that i have heard it mentioned and found to be true that toggling the stones off then on will help you get stones faster. I have no way to prove this but just that it seems that way.

I have also found that it tends to be that when you are buying the materials to use to get the stones you get stones less often than when you get the stuff yourself, but it tends to be that the more of the material that you get the quicker you get the stone. For example, when doing herby once i did a couple hundred pots of all different types of pots, and then a lot of energy pots and it took over 500 pots to get both stones, but just recently, i bought enough harralander for 770 energy pots and made enough chocolate dust for around the same amount, and i got both stones within 5 or so inventories.

Crew Edit: I've gone ahead and added a small note about the Hunter rocks being obtainable even if you fail to catch anything. I've also since clarified that you receive Agility rocks by completing an entire course. :thumbsup: As far as your other two suggestions go (toggling ability to collect stones and DIY'ing the materials), until we get concrete proof that these are true, I can't add them into the guide as they are just speculation. Thanks so much for your help, :), -- SerpentEye

I love green. Yay green!

Jyreeil.png

• 3 weeks later...

I want to confirm that you can get herblore stones while cleaning herbs. I just got one on top of the Troll Stronghold while cleaning freshly picked ranarr. This may be old news, but the activities guide does not mention it.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I want to confirm that you can get herblore stones while cleaning herbs. I just got one on top of the Troll Stronghold while cleaning freshly picked ranarr. This may be old news, but the activities guide does not mention it.

Added to the guide. Thanks for your submission. :thumbup:

Xena_Dragon.png

actually i just now i was doing falconry for the hunter stones, and i got the first stone when i clicked on the kebbit and the falcon didn't even go after the kebbit because he had just failed and i clicked before he was able to go again. So im not sure if it's just that you get the stone for clicking on the kebbit but it's just delayed a little bit so it only looks like its when the falcon hits the kebbit.

Crew Edit: Thanks so much for providing more information :) A small note has been added to this section of the guide concerning this issue. Thanks again, -- SerpentEye

I love green. Yay green!

Jyreeil.png

I received a stone while picking fruit (specifically Papaya).

Crew Edit: I have edited the guide to reflect this information, and you've been credited! Thank you so much for your help! :) - SerpentEye

As noted in post #33 (and in spite of the JMod quote in post #31), the KB now says rocks are gotten for completion of agility courses. The Tip.It Agility Activiy Guide for uses the term "using" agility courses. With the Ape Atoll course, for example, I have only received a strange rock after climbing down the final vine. I believe there are still people out there that will advise using a low wall over and over to get a strange rock. Not having tried that, I don't know if a low wall works, but based on my Ape Atoll experience and the KB language, my guess is that it would not.

Perhaps the Activity Guide should be changed to be consistent with the KB and use "completion" rather than "using"?

Niccosdad

Crew Edit: I've reworded this section of the guide so it is a bit clearer. Thanks :) - SerpentEye

I received a stone while picking fruit (specifically Papaya).

I also received a strange rock while harvesting a fruit tree. I was harvesting my coconut tree.

Crew Edit: Thanks so much for confirming this. The guide has been reflected to show this change. :thumbup: -SerpentEye

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.