Video of a SUV driver being hit with a taser gun

dusqi

Lol what a complete idiot, he could have used his baton or the pepper spray at the most. What's an unarmed 22 year old woman gonna do to him?
COULDA BEEN ARMED

Thats a stupid argument the old lady accross the street can be armed.

Just watch the video and youll see the cop clearly knows she's unarmed.

And to all the idiots who think tasers dont hurt.

Go and tazer yourselfs go on dont be wusses tazer yourselfs and film it for us to all see.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GhostRanger

Lol what a complete idiot, he could have used his baton or the pepper spray at the most. What's an unarmed 22 year old woman gonna do to him?
COULDA BEEN ARMED

Thats a stupid argument the old lady accross the street can be armed.

Just watch the video and youll see the cop clearly knows she's unarmed.

And to all the idiots who think tasers dont hurt.

Go and tazer yourselfs go on dont be wusses tazer yourselfs and film it for us to all see.

The old lady across the street isn't disobeying a direct order from a police officer for no apparent reason is she? I'm sorry but your comparison is completely ridiuclous.

maybe some one could have come up with a device to disable the car..

In my country, taser guns are only to be used if the officer's life is being threatened or senses imminent threat such as the person welds a chopper or weapons of sort.

This is for cops to self protect.

I must agree that the officer's act is justified for the young lady might harbour a weapon while using the mobile phone as decoy.

Disobeying cop's order is a crime.. no doubts about it.. din pple learn this during their childhood?

Well, nevertheless i hope that lady can recover and self-reflect on her behaviour that warranted unnecessary treatment.

Guest GhostRanger
In my country, taser guns are only to be used if the officer's life is being threatened or senses imminent threat such as the person welds a chopper or weapons of sort.

Right. If someone pulls out a gun on me and I'm sensing an imminent threat, I obviously want to use my taser.

Seriously guys - quit with this "imminent threat" argument. It doesn't work.

I'm not gonna read all those pages

I'm not gonna read any replies after this one, but I have one comment to make.

American police is friggin' sick.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way...But not all of them are "friggin' sick".

....even though the cop is clearly justified...

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

OMG! What Losers!!

Talk about brutal force / Unnesesarry?

As the page said yes he could of waited/yelled/baton/handcuffs

what were the results of this btw?

Isn't it lovely how having an opinion makes you hated around here?

OMG! What Losers!!

Morons....^ :roll: ^

[sarcasm]

Lets wait untill she pulls out a gun and then use the tazer...oh crap, I was shot....too late I guess.

I mean, obviously she had no gun...in her purse....or glove box...or under her seat...or in the floorboard....or the overhead compartment...or in the side cup holders....or where she was sitting...

Of course not, the cop knew that she didn't...because he has x-ray vision, and because middle age black women can't kill people...duh it's a known fact....he just felt like he needed to get a good tazering in.

[/sarcasm]

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Guest GhostRanger
OMG! What Losers!!

It was determined that the cop had every right to do what he did. Strange isn't it?

But I like your ideas:

- Wait for her to shoot you.

- Yell at her while she shoots you

- Get shot at while swinging your useless baton

- See if you can put handcuffs on her when she shoots you

What a smart thinker you are! Why in the world do we even give cops tasers when obviously your methods are much more effective!

[sarcasm]

Lets wait untill she pulls out a gun and then use the tazer...oh crap, I was shot....too late I guess.

I mean, obviously she had no gun...in her purse....or glove box...or under her seat...or in the floorboard....or the overhead compartment...or in the side cup holders....or where she was sitting...

Of course not, the cop knew that she didn't...because he has x-ray vision, and because middle age black women can't kill people...duh it's a known fact....he just felt like he needed to get a good tazering in.

[/sarcasm]

On the other hand...

There's no way of knowing if her car is packed with C4 or Semtex. In fact, since there *might* be explosives hidden in her glove compartment, her purse, strapped to her person, beneath the floorboard, inside the engine. There could be IED's camoflauged as cups in her cup holder! Oh no! Call in the SWAT, clear the road and take her out with a sniper!

In fact, anyone speeding *MAY* be transporting explosives to be used in terrorist acts, so we should just blow them up!

Ridicolous argument. There are cases when shooting first, asking questions later is warranted, and this may very well be a case like that (I mean, cellphone, sheesh?) but c'mon, you can motivate any number of strange and brutal methods by saying "Well, she *might* have...".

("Hey, they *might* have WMD's! Nuke!")

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

I feel physically sick. That is [bleep]ing awful.

I'm also surprised at how many people think that is justified.

I'm actually so angry and frustrated that this kind of [cabbage] goes on. I mean, really, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?

Maybe the cop can't get it up, maybe he had a bad day or maybe he's just a [bleep]ing idiot. But that is one of the most awful displays ever. I often consider some of my actions to be sadistic, but that ... I'm not capable of a tenth of that.

Okay, so, she could've had a weapon. SPECULATION. Those could've been mass murderers who had stolen police uniforms. They could've been junkies who beat up some cops and took their clothes. They could've been alien life-forms.

She was making a phone call; not reaching for a weapon. It's obvious she was talking as he was asking her. Okay, she broke the law - she made a mistake. HOWEVER, he did not have to go to that extent. She could not have been classified as a potential threat for that.

To the person who claims that there was five minutes before: bull-[bleep]ing-[cabbage]. So what, she was abusing them telepathically, before she was arrested?

The first shock was unnecessary. 50000 volts? There are signs that say "WARNING - 10000 VOLTS". I'm guessing that's pretty damn dangerous. Maybe he could've pulled her out of the car or something. Maybe he could've used a tazer with far less potential to damage.

But the SECOND shock? My god, what an idiot. It's obvious she was incapable of moving there. You can tell that only afterwards they're aware of what they've done. The other police officer seemed reluctant in the beginning.

In all seriousness, I hope this guy dies. No - wait, I hope he suffers. I hope his genitals are tazed repeatedly. I hope he's set alight and then had the fire put out with freezing water several times. I hope he is forced to swallow hot coals. I hope that mother[bleep]ing scum gets what he deserves.

Guest GhostRanger
I feel physically sick. That is * awful.

I'm actually so angry and frustrated that this kind of cabbage goes on. I mean, really, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?

Maybe the cop can't get it up, maybe he had a bad day or maybe he's just a * idiot. But that is one of the most awful displays ever. I often consider some of my actions to be sadistic, but that ... I'm not capable of a tenth of that.

Okay, so, she could've had a weapon. SPECULATION. Those could've been mass murderers who had stolen police uniforms. They could've been junkies who beat up some cops and took their clothes. They could've been alien life-forms.

She was making a phone call; not reaching for a weapon. It's obvious she was talking as he was asking her. Okay, she broke the law - she made a mistake. HOWEVER, he did not have to go to that extent. She could not have been classified as a potential threat for that.

To the person who claims that there was five minutes before: bull-*-cabbage. So what, she was abusing them telepathically, before she was arrested?

The first shock was unnecessary. 50000 volts? There are signs that say "WARNING - 10000 VOLTS". I'm guessing that's pretty damn dangerous. Maybe he could've pulled her out of the car or something. Maybe he could've used a tazer with far less potential to damage.

But the SECOND shock? My god, what an idiot. It's obvious she was incapable of moving there. You can tell that only afterwards they're aware of what they've done. The other police officer seemed reluctant in the beginning.

In all seriousness, I hope this guy dies. No - wait, I hope he suffers. I hope his genitals are tazed repeatedly. I hope he's set alight and then had the fire put out with freezing water several times. I hope he is forced to swallow hot coals. I hope that * scum gets what he deserves.

All of your pathos based rhetoric is completely valid - but you are missing the primary point. All you did was plaster us with your emotional arguments and telling us we're wrong without ever addressing our argument.

Please logically argue against this (I ask AThousandLies to do it and no one else please):

Order of justified progression:

1) Cop pulls her over

2) Cop tell her to get out

3) She ignores

4) Cop tells her to hang up the phone

5) She ignores

6) Cop uses the force that was GRANTED to him when people DISOBEY DIRECT POLICE ORDERS

Because she violated a direct police order, she is considered dangerous. Maybe you would rather seen the face blown off the cop?

I'm sorry that your poor little heart bleeds for this woman who IGNORED DIRECT POLICE ORDERS, but get over it. She knew the law - she knew the punishment for what she did - and she did it anyway. Do you think that taser is there just for looks?

I'm actually so angry and frustrated that this kind of cabbage goes on. I mean, really, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?

Maybe the cop can't get it up, maybe he had a bad day or maybe he's just a * idiot. But that is one of the most awful displays ever. I often consider some of my actions to be sadistic, but that ... I'm not capable of a tenth of that.

To the person who claims that there was five minutes before: bull-*-cabbage. So what, she was abusing them telepathically, before she was arrested?

In all seriousness, I hope this guy dies. No - wait, I hope he suffers. I hope his genitals are tazed repeatedly. I hope he's set alight and then had the fire put out with freezing water several times. I hope he is forced to swallow hot coals. I hope that * scum gets what he deserves.

Awesome points :wink:

But yea I seriously can't belieave this :?

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

On the other hand...

There's no way of knowing if her car is packed with C4 or Semtex. In fact, since there *might* be explosives hidden in her glove compartment, her purse, strapped to her person, beneath the floorboard, inside the engine. There could be IED's camoflauged as cups in her cup holder! Oh no! Call in the SWAT, clear the road and take her out with a sniper!

In fact, anyone speeding *MAY* be transporting explosives to be used in terrorist acts, so we should just blow them up!

Ridicolous argument. There are cases when shooting first, asking questions later is warranted, and this may very well be a case like that (I mean, cellphone, sheesh?) but c'mon, you can motivate any number of strange and brutal methods by saying "Well, she *might* have...".

I'm not even going to respond to your stupidity....just read my above post. I still stand by everything I said...totally ignored.

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

On the other hand...

I'm not even going to respond to your stupidity....just read my above post. I still stand by everything I said...totally ignored.

Of course you won't respond, because there's no stupidity to respond to. BlueTear gave a perfect counterexample USING YOUR LOGIC.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Haha what a funny and truley idiotic post. Oh no moral outrage let's swear!!!! :cry:

Grow up little boy you can't save the world then moan about it when you don't like something.

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

On the other hand...

Of course you won't respond, because there's no stupidity to respond to. BlueTear gave a perfect counterexample USING YOUR LOGIC.

Umm there is a lot of stupidity to not respond to....He brings in unlogical radical points that I cannot take seriously at all. Thanks but your wrong.

My logic, is logic...his "logic", is stupidity.

Umm there is a lot of stupidity to not respond to....He brings in unlogical radical points that I cannot take seriously at all. Thanks but your wrong.

Of course, of course. I forgot, you can't reason with the illogical. Clearly, he is being stupid, because you gave so much logical proof for that...

Take a lesson from your brother in how to argue...

summerpngwy6.jpg

Of course, of course. I forgot, you can't reason with the illogical. Clearly, he is being stupid, because you gave so much logical proof for that...

Take a lesson from your brother in how to argue...

I'm not trying to argue or prove a point. I'm not trying to point out why he is stupid. I left his own post to do that for himself.

Oh dear, this has certainly sunk far ...

1) Cop pulls her over

3) She ignores

5) She ignores

6) Cop uses the force that was GRANTED to him when people DISOBEY DIRECT POLICE ORDERS

Because she violated a direct police order, she is considered dangerous. Maybe you would rather seen the face blown off the cop?

I'm sorry that your poor little heart bleeds for this woman who IGNORED DIRECT POLICE ORDERS, but get over it. She knew the law - she knew the punishment for what she did - and she did it anyway. Do you think that taser is there just for looks?

Yes, she disobeyed orders, I understand that. Therefore, force was necessary. But 50000 volts goes beyond that force. For all we know, she could still be physically damaged by that. I'm sure there's psychological damage there as well.

He could've pulled her out of the car. He could've used a taser with much less force. There are so many other things he could've done. And the second shock ... I don't need to explain that. That was even more unnecessary as she obviously had little to no control of her limbs.

Oh, and MyPurpleCrayon, you're just further proving our point (us being people who agree with myself on this issue) by not responding to that. He used YOUR logic. If you're too stubborn and ignorant to realise that you were wrong, then I pity you.

Guest GhostRanger

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

On the other hand...

Okay, since apparently I'm the brother that knows how to argue let me jump on in this one.

BlueTear shows truly irrational "logic" in his rhetoric. The problem with BlueTear's logic is as follows:

He generalizes this case with any situation that could ever happen and that is a horrible way to make a point. Obviously you could assume that ANY car is packed with C4 or any other type of threat- but in any NORMAL situation, you would have no reason to assume this.

In this particular case, however, we see a civilian disobeying a DIRECT ORDER from a policeman. When people directly disobey a police man's orders, they are automatically forced to be put under suspsicion. No one should be assumed to be "safe" or not doing anything illegal if they fail to comply with a cop.

BlueTear's overgeneralation is fallible to the point of (pardon the pun) tears. You CANNOT rationally and acceptably make the argument that BlueTear attempted to make, and that you defended.

What would it take for you to use the taser? A gun pointed at your face? The taser is really going to help then.

Guest GhostRanger
Oh dear, this has certainly sunk far ...

1) Cop pulls her over

3) She ignores

5) She ignores

Yes, she disobeyed orders, I understand that. Therefore, force was necessary. But 50000 volts goes beyond that force. For all we know, she could still be physically damaged by that. I'm sure there's psychological damage there as well.

He could've pulled her out of the car. He could've used a taser with much less force. There are so many other things he could've done. And the second shock ... I don't need to explain that. That was even more unnecessary as she obviously had little to no control of her limbs.

Oh, and MyPurpleCrayon, you're just further proving our point (us being people who agree with myself on this issue) by not responding to that. He used YOUR logic. If you're too stubborn and ignorant to realise that you were wrong, then I pity you.

I'm sorry, but 5000 volts is the force we have granted policemen to use in cases such as this. If you believe that 5000 volts is too much then take it up with the federal government, not the individual policeman.

And once again you, along with everyone else, have misunderstand the entire point. Yes he could have "pulled her out" but she was sitting in a car disobeying orders. That makes her suspicious. Suspicious people sometimes have weapons. Pulling her out of a car could make her use that weapon on you.

Is that train of logic too hard for you to follow? We give policemen tasers for situations such as this. I'd rather have someone tasered out of a vehicile (which she was warned of it happening and had plenty of time to comply) than have a police officer's face blown a part.

(To comment on using "your own logic" to MyPrupleCrown. Read the post above about the complete fallicy of the argument. I'm so sorry that you people lack the basic skills needed to interpret realistic logic.)

Volts don't kill people, Amps do. The difference between a battery operated taser and a house socket is such that they should not be compared. He could hit her with 100,000 volts and it would do nothing without the proper amperage behind it.

He already issued a verbal request for her to step out of the vehicle before he opened the door. This is normally done if an officer suspects the person has the capacity to flee using their vehicle, which is much more dangerous than someone fleeing on foot. Often they ask people to get out the car because it's seen as an IPC (Inter-personal communication) tactic that can defuse a possibly hostile person.

When she started mouthing off, after repeated requests, it was obvious that it was going to require force to remove her, especially after she kicked at him. Considering a Taser is classified as a non-deadly compliance alternative than say an ASP baton, Capstun, or even brandishing a firearm, he used it exactly the way it was designed:

To prevent someone from being able to physically resist which would escalate a situation into requiring more applied force to get compliance. She actually got off really easy with a Tasing. I guarantee she wouldn't want to get hit by a baton or some OC spray.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

Volts don't kill people, Amps do. The difference between a battery operated taser and a house socket is such that they should not be compared. He could hit her with 100,000 volts and it would do nothing without the proper amperage behind it.

He already issued a verbal request for her to step out of the vehicle before he opened the door. This is normally done if an officer suspects the person has the capacity to flee using their vehicle, which is much more dangerous than someone fleeing on foot. Often they ask people to get out the car because it's seen as an IPC (Inter-personal communication) tactic that can defuse a possibly hostile person.

When she started mouthing off, after repeated requests, it was obvious that it was going to require force to remove her, especially after she kicked at him. Considering a Taser is classified as a non-deadly compliance alternative than say an ASP baton, Capstun, or even brandishing a firearm, he used it exactly the way it was designed:

To prevent someone from being able to physically resist which would escalate a situation into requiring more applied force to get compliance. She actually got off really easy with a Tasing. I guarantee she wouldn't want to get hit by a baton or some OC spray.

Exactly....I agree 100% and you definitley know what you're talking about.