Combat Triangle

Delita125

Today, I decided to go to the safe arena in wilderness as a mage, because I always see melee fighters and I though I could win. I thought wrong.

My magic level is 59, so I went fighting a melee fighter that was near to my level, a level 69. So, I decided to strategize a lot, make use of the weaken-curse spells and the bind spells. So, the fight started, I quickly bind him, and fire blasted him, then he came running towards me and attacked me, so I kept running away, searched for obstacles, using bind, fire blast, and repeated. At some point, I ran out of space to run, and there weren't more obstacles to keep me protected, and he quickly slashed me to death. I realized that the space required for runes prevented me to have more food, and he had a lot of food.

Frustrated then, I decided just to watch. I saw a high level ranger, aparently using mithril arrows, fighting a melee player. It appeared that he was winning, but again, the melee fighter won, because the ranged armor couldn't stand the scimitar, and the rune armor could stand the arrows.

So, if melee fighters can win over mages and rangers, the combat triangle is isoceles, being the melee the corner that is higher, and the ranger and mages the to basal corners.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

Aggresively, the combat triangle and technically balanced. Defensively, it's heavily in melee's favor.

Aggresively, the combat triangle and technically balanced. Defensively, it's heavily in melee's favor.

I agree except for the aggresively part, at least for f2p. The max hit for fire blast is 16, I think, and melee doesn't have a max hit, as you can always see melee fighters hitting like 20 or 22, and ranged is a bit between both, hitting about 18 but really fast. It's not really balanced, because a melee over a mage can hit about 6 or 8 damage difference, and rangers can hit 2 more than a mage aprox., but a lot faster.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

I agree except for the aggresively part, at least for f2p. The max hit for fire blast is 16, I think, and melee doesn't have a max hit, as you can always see melee fighters hitting like 20 or 22, and ranged is a bit between both, hitting about 18 but really fast. It's not really balanced, because a melee over a mage can hit about 6 or 8 damage difference, and rangers can hit 2 more than a mage aprox., but a lot faster.

Well, except in med-high level f2p then :P

F2P combat is more messed up than P2P, what gear is the ranger wearing? It is possible to take down the warrior as a ranger if you are skilled enough in hiding while wearing tank gear.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Mage is behind the other two BOTH aggressively and defensively, at least in F2P.

But otherwise, a good observation.

My magic level is 59, so I went fighting a melee fighter that was near to my level, a level 69.

If your magic level is 59 then you should not expect to beat a player "around your level" that is level 69

A level 30-40 player owns with 59 magic

At level ~69 you should be going for 85 magic (teleblock) and fight yew cutters wearing full zammy (I saw one once in pvp world)

The max hit for fire blast is 16

Its 17 (18?) with the magic ale (cant remenber name atm)

F2P magic peaks at 85 (unfortunately)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Really it depends...If it's pure on pure, the triangle is accurate. But against cross trainers (Me) the outcome is fairly random.

I would give you a two paragraph essay on the topic, but I regrettably must retire to the slave pits known as "Office Cubicles"

--Wachiru

Below is me, when I am after flamers, haters, and various other noobly professions...

aFu_Ak47CatAni.gif

i've pked a few times on f2p when my ranged tank ran out of members just for laffs, and tbh, I have yet to fight someone in f2p my level that can consistently beat me. My tank is level 100 with 99 ranged, 96 defense, and 90 constitution. While ranged may have a very limited max hit, it is fast and relatively accurate. Now I will never actually get a kill in f2p unless the person dm's me because it is nearly impossible to ko someone while only hitting 18s or whatever the f2p max is but if every single fight was a death match, i would win every fight.

pandapk2.jpg

I agree with you. Unless you are using ancient magicks (which is out of the equation in f2p), it is far to difficult to prevent a meleer from getting close enough to land some deadly blows. Holding, pushing, or otherwise keeping away your opponent should be simple. Dealing damage should be what your magic level primarily amounts to.

There also needs to be some improvements on the inventory space front. Jagex seemed to start on dealing with this by introducing Combination Runes, but then abandoned the whole project shortly afterwards. There needs to be some kind of storage mechanism, like a belt that you can equip in the arrow slot (this makes sense when you notice that dragonhide armour holds some arrows against your leg). I'm sure the crafting skill would appreciate the addition.

~ W ~

sigzi.png