Bleep yeah

Pirate_Felix

Im not that far yet D:. Although it isnt like a cover (its a guitar song on piano) more like my own interpretation on the piano of a song (of course written by ear myself), played together with a friend. ;)

As long as you give credit to the original artist I don't feel you'll get any criticism.

stevepole is like a mod, your argument is invalid.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

That's not art, silly.

There's no pencils or brushes or gimp. No nothing.

auxteo.png

I agree, just on the basis of it is cover. If it was original, it would be different.

I assume it is a Cover since you asked.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Nice playing, but surely this doesn't belong in the gallery.

Sure, music is art to some people. But is there anything that isn't art nowadays?? Some people even say photography isn't art, and that's more graphic based than a music video...

The gallery should be for graphic related art ie, siggies, avatars, photos, drawings, paintings etc...

But then again where do you draw the line? (no pun intended)

Surely wherever the line is drawn this still belongs in the off topic trivial/youtube links, or even in the music movies and tv section.

If not i'll start posting up some drumming solos then shall i?

Sent using my Nokia E63 device.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

dawson_cry.jpg

Its beautiful... :thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

A gallery is typically a place to showcase art and music is art it is fine that he posted it here. The Gallery is really kind of the place to discuss critically the creative process. It could really go in many different places it really just depends on where you want to share it and considering The Gallery is more of a niche group it makes sense to why someone would want to share their "art" here rather somewhere else where they might not be as well familiar with.

I only listened to the first minute, because I really need to work on my french, but it sounds really good! Great job!

Also I ripped this off youtube for those who wanted to know whom he covered/ was influence from:

1e deel, Biaxident - Liquid Tensio Experiment 2e deel, Nothing else matters - Metallica 3e deel, Master of Puppets - Metallica 4e deel, Jump - Van Halen
tFtfA.jpg

...But anything could be justified as art.

Which is fine, although this forum could be full of a lot of spam - i guess i might be the only one interpreting it that way though.

(Also i thought we were trying to make the gallery less of a niche? - by removing the 'cliqueyness' as it were?)

"Discuss critically the creative process"...

~ The meal you made for your family last night

~ The way you tied your shoelaces today

~ The paper aeroplane you made in math

~ The pattern you got on your toast as your spread the marmite

~ The way you wrote your signature on the back of your credit card

~ The song you wrote about your deceased hamster

So, with all the above being a creative purpose - they would be perfectly acceptable topics in the gallery? Someone please clear this up, i think a line has to be drawn...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

...But anything could be justified as art.

Which is fine, although this forum could be full of a lot of spam - i guess i might be the only one interpreting it that way though.

(Also i thought we were trying to make the gallery less of a niche? - by removing the 'cliqueyness' as it were?)

"Discuss critically the creative process"...

~ The meal you made for your family last night

~ The way you tied your shoelaces today

~ The paper aeroplane you made in math

~ The pattern you got on your toast as your spread the marmite

~ The way you wrote your signature on the back of your credit card

~ The song you wrote about your deceased hamster

So, with all the above being a creative purpose - they would be perfectly acceptable topics in the gallery? Someone please clear this up, i think a line has to be drawn...

Our limits are only on the detail/effort put it the piece. Art covers images, graphics, photos, paintings, music, etc. It's a broad range. You shouldn't be narrow minded to think this forum is just for images.

If someone wrote a song, etc then that can go in the Varrock Library forum (obviously). But if someone was posting nonsense like the way you spread the marmite (honestly, that sprung to mind when realising music can be posted here?), then I sincerely doubt it would remain an open topic.

Edit: pirate_felix; loved the Metallica :wink:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

0:00-0:45 Biaxident - LTE

0:46-1:12 Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

1:13-2:43 Master of Puppets - Metallica

2:43-End Jump - Van Halen

Guys, the gallery is to show off your artwork, this is a cover yes but not all of these songs are originally played on piano and none of the songs has available sheet music. Figuring out music by ear is art and so is playing it.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

darn, i like the transition between the first 2 songs :P wish i would have taken the piano music lessons when i was younger :(

If i may ask, how many years are you playing the piano yet? :)

and for the discussion about if it was rightfully posted in the gallery: Yes it is.

Some of you may know the songs of Pittbull? Like I know you want me, Hotel room etc... Those songs are all covered! And are they considered art? Yes they are ;) And since this is the art section of the forums... :P

taz3xk1.jpg

I played 4 years of classic piano and this is my 4th year pop piano

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I disagree with some of the above. I will express this in a list.

• An original song(with music) should be posted here, not a cover.
  • I realize that they were played on guitar... but it isn't that hard to switch instruments.
  • Due to the fact that they are put together into a MEDLEY(Which is musical) I would say this is to be accepted.

I think we could solve this, though, by making a sub forum of the Gallery for Music Composition and Such... I would be happy to lead it, as I plan to be a music major and am working on some stuff, with P_Felix, since he posted the first.

Just an idea so we can stop spamming the thread.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I agree with a subforum, would instantly solve the ever on going discussion and will encourage people to post their work more

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

• I realize that they were played on guitar... but it isn't that hard to switch instruments.
  • Due to the fact that they are put together into a MEDLEY(Which is musical) I would say this is to be accepted.

I think we could solve this, though, by making a sub forum of the Gallery for Music Composition and Such... I would be happy to lead it, as I plan to be a music major and am working on some stuff, with P_Felix, since he posted the first.

One music thread and we need a subforum suddenly?

If covers shouldn't be posted, then surely a lot of the images graphic artists use should also be disallowed, they didn't create them, they are merely altering them.

No idea why people are arguing about this, it seems simple to me. :razz: The Gallery can cover music created by our users, this music was created by a user, therefore has been posted. Sure, it is a cover, but a lot of songs nowadays are covers.

@pirate_felix, is it possible to twist The Memory Remains into a piano version? :eek:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If covers shouldn't be posted, then surely a lot of the images graphic artists use should also be disallowed, they didn't create them, they are merely altering them.

No idea why people are arguing about this, it seems simple to me. :razz: The Gallery can cover music created by our users, this music was created by a user, therefore has been posted. Sure, it is a cover, but a lot of songs nowadays are covers.

@pirate_felix, is it possible to twist The Memory Remains into a piano version? :eek:

Well, as you can see, there are probably more people that are confused, like we all are, on whether they can post it here or not.

The gallery boasts 50%. How is a cover 50%?

And, no alot of songs arn't or atleast not what I listen to, contemporary wise.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Well, as you can see, there are probably more people that are confused, like we all are, on whether they can post it here or not.

The gallery boasts 50%. How is a cover 50%?

And, no alot of songs arn't or atleast not what I listen to, contemporary wise.

I really don't see how you could possibly be confused.. but I'm going to put it this way if we start seeing a sudden increase of music related posts in the gallery we'll look into a better solution aka a subforum. That is basically how we decide if a subforum should be created or not based off the demand for one but all this over one harmless post by Felix; just let it be and if you have a song or something you'd like to post feel free to share.

tFtfA.jpg

Honestly, guys... He played well and it is art in his opinion. If you don't have any criticisms then why shouldn't he even be allowed to post it here? If we limit the gallery to completely visual art, then it could be emptier than it already is. Is there anyone that would seriously prefer that?

Regarding considering music as art... Rachmaninov's Piano Concertos are just as much art as The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali is art, as a video of a random kid playing Back in Black on his brand new guitar is as much art as a random kid attempting to draw fat people in MSPaint.

Music is art, and not the ambiguous type either.

wl7w9j.png