Politics subsection

Maybe this is the wrong place for this since it is a suggestion, but since it pertains to this branch of the forums I think it's relevant. I for one would like a politics subsection to the Off-Topic forums, I think it would make things easier and I think there is enough volume of political threads to make it worthwhile. What do you think?

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

I don't think so. If we make too many subforums and stickies of common topics then there won't be any more OT. We'll all just sink into VG&C or MM&T or whatever subforum interests us most and OT will be no more.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Moved.

I don't thing so. If we were to create subsections for ever genre of discussion, off-topic would basically turn into forum of entirely subjections. Everything doesn't need to be properly categorized.

tFtfA.jpg

I don't think so. If we make too many subforums and stickies of common topics then there won't be any more OT. We'll all just sink into VG&C or MM&T or whatever subforum interests us most and OT will be no more.

Agreed.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It would make sense, and I personally have grown tired over seeing all of the political debates that have sprung up recently. Everything seems to be about "I'm right, you're wrong", so it's impossible to have any discussion sometimes because people will try to attack your views anyway that they possibly can. What was once (briefly) an intelligent discussion has become a heated parley.

Regardless, making a "Politics" subsection would cripple Off-Topic. Eventually, people will drift away from Off-Topic and will break down into several different groups. Off-Topic is nice because it's a community of it's own; it's distinguished from the RuneScape sector of this site, and it should always be that way. It allows people to stick around, even if they don't play RuneScape. :thumbup:

Likewise, Off-Topic has always had a lot of political discussions. In fact, I think that political/religious discussions were banned at one point because there was a massive amount of such threads.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I do think politics is a diverse and wide enough topic to merit its own forum, but activity is an issue. OT isn't that active as it is, so as others have said there's no need in our situation, and it would just fragment the board further.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 2 weeks later...