Old school pixel sigs [HD]

misterxman

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you all liked the new sig. :P

I'm always open for new ideas and suggestions. The funny thing is that I already do own a Wacom Bamboo tablet (b-day gift from family), I tried it a bit with Gimp but didn't get into it that much. It's tough to get used to the interface, it's different from regular pencils and from the mouse lol. I don't see why I couldn't do some digipaint with it and keep doing pixelart with the mouse, what'll take me the longest time is gonna be learning all the buttons and menus of Photoshop and Gimp lol. I see what was meant tho - you can add more detail to a pixel art signature by digipaint to truly make it "high definition", but my aim is to keep my signatures strictly "pixel-art" and just improve their quality in that style.

The tutorial idea - I've thought about it a few times but I'm not sure how effective I can be at making one. In my opinion, it's best to try to develop drawing through practice and learning from mistakes and criticism. I'd say half the work is just being observant about how the world works in terms of dimensions, perspectives, proportions, shadowing, and so on. Once you notice those properties in everything around you, you can plan an artwork better and the details tend to be the "easier" part since they just finish up the mainframe of the artwork. I'll see how I can most effectively make a tutorial for pixelart while still leaving the viewer room to develop their own style/techniques and learn how to improve on their own.

So I want to keep making some new pixelart but depending on free time I can't say when the next one's coming. I'll just post it here when it's finished I guess lol.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in that respect, it would be really useful if you made a 'tutorial' that just consisted of the steps you take in making a pixel, with various tangents as you see fit; like zoom in when you are pixelling one part, but when you do the rest of it the same way, just show that you did that.

I dunno if that makes sense... What I'm trying to say is take a series of WIP pics and then post them together.

• 2 weeks later...