Buying a Car

indy500fan

I'm in the market for an automobile, and I was wondering what websites everyone uses to browse for cars, and where I could get some good comparison info between cars. I'm looking for a car between $8000 and $12000, coupe/hatchback style, and definently not older than a 2001 or 2002. So far I've been looking at Hyundai Tiburons, and Mitshibushi Eclipses, to give you the idea of what kind of car I want. So far I have been using Auto Trader, and I like the way their site works. If theres anything else like that, thats what I'm looking for.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You'd probably like the Mazda RX7 aswell. But with a 2001 minimum age, you'd be looking at $25,000 easy, so might as well scrap that off straight away.

Pity really, its a really nice car.

Edit: I don't know any websites outside of Australian market for car buying thought, so meh :P But RX7 ftw ;)

Go for something online like autotrader.com or some site of that nature.

You are very lucky. I only had 4000 US when I bought my car, and I now drive a 12 year old Saturn (I love that thing). With that much money, you should be set. Had my car 4 years and aside from routine maintenance, its been fine.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I know you aren't really looking for this, Saturns are great first cars. As barihawk mentioned, they're really durable. I had a pontiac grand am for about half a year and I needed to get new parts pretty much bi-monthly.

My used Saturn has lasted me a good 2 years now without any problems.

I recommend buying a 5th Gen Celica SX(GT American?), cheap to buy/maintain and they just so sexay, comes in hatchback or sedan. Best first car IMO (electric sunroof, windows, steering everything), . I bought mine stocky standard for $6000 AUD.

7662428dt.th.jpg

The bodykit im getting...just gotta save up a few thousand$$$

gallery4931411969191ap.th.jpg

Car yards will try rip u off, tho they have warranty. id go for a private seller.

If u can afford it go for the GT4 Version looks exactly the same as the SX, GT ect, only it comes with a turbo :wink:

I used CarSales.com.au and Tradingpost.com.au to search, but unless u live in aus these links would be pointless 4 u :lol:

Hope this helps

cheers

I know you aren't really looking for this, Saturns are great first cars. As barihawk mentioned, they're really durable. I had a pontiac grand am for about half a year and I needed to get new parts pretty much bi-monthly.

My used Saturn has lasted me a good 2 years now without any problems.

You can easily get a 2004 used Saturn with that money. Its all up to you. You can go for style over reliability, or go with functionality over looks.

The most reliable companies I can think of are Saturn, Toyota, and Mitsubishi.

Besides, the free coffee and donuts when I get my oil changed was worth overy penny :P.

This is not my car, but imagine it with different hubs and a spoiler...(same color):

cars.jpg

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

well, after working so much all this past year ive saved up $9000, but im only going to put 6 or 7 down and take out a loan for the rest. i dont want to be to much in debt, plus insurance is going to break the bank pretty good.

the mazda website didnt have the rx-7 on there, but if its like the rx-8, then its pretty awesome. a little over my price range though :D

i thought about getting a more economically friendly car, but id rather have a cheap sports car 8) . this is one im considering, a little over what i want to spend, but maybe i could talk it down a bit.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

the mazda website didnt have the rx-7 on there, but if its like the rx-8, then its pretty awesome. a little over my price range though :D

Very similar.

And that Celica is very nice Bic, you got a sweet deal for that :D

As bad as it sounds, try ebay. Although use EXTREME caution when buying cars from there, I've personally known people who have paid for one thing and gotten another.

How can you pay for a car and get another one? You just go over there to check the car, if you like it and everything is like described you pay for it.

If things are obscure or you see little things that aren't as described (scrathes, rust...) you just don't buy it and report them to Ebay. I did the same with my motorcycle :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

As bad as it sounds, try ebay. Although use EXTREME caution when buying cars from there, I've personally known people who have paid for one thing and gotten another.

How can you pay for a car and get another one? You just go over there to check the car, if you like it and everything is like described you pay for it.

If things are obscure or you see little things that aren't as described (scrathes, rust...) you just don't buy it and report them to Ebay. I did the same with my motorcycle :)

That is only if you are buying locally. Some people are "smart" enough to buy cars from out of state.

Established online car-sales sites are much more reliable than E-bay.

Untitled.png

That is only if you are buying locally. Some people are "smart" enough to buy cars from out of state.

Established online car-sales sites are much more reliable than E-bay.

im just going to take a look around ebay for ideas, and prices. im probably going to buy the car locally, just have to take a look through the papers once i decide. i like the looks of those celicas, especially the body kit on that one :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

AutoTrader.Com :wink:

not only did i mention that in my first post, one other person who also did not bother to check also mentioned that site before you.

im going to go check out that hyundai this weekend.

lolz @ the mini :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg