Mage Gear....

DoubleDee81

so i am at soul wars yesterday...and i decided that i am going to do ancients ( please excuse my spelling its horrible) and i realize with the mage gear i have on..im doing a horrible job!!....im 82 mage....wearing ahrims....anciet staff..infinity boots....amulet of magic..and im still not doing very well at all?....can anyone tell me...what mage set up is the very very best..down to the amulet ring...shoes..staff..everything....what am i doin wrong?

Ahrims Hood

Fury

Ahrims Top

Ahrims Bottoms

Infinity Boots

Barrows Gloves

Ancient Staff

Mage Book

Fire Cape / Skillcape(t) / God Cape (not sure in which order these are the best)

Seers Ring(i) / Onyx Ring(i)

probably a few things i got wrong but this is the general idea of a high mage bonus setup.

Ahrims Hood

Fury

Ahrims Top

Ahrims Bottoms

Infinity Boots

Barrows Gloves

Ancient Staff

Mage Book

Fire Cape / Skillcape(t) / God Cape (not sure in which order these are the best)

probably a few things i got wrong but this is the general idea of a high mage bonus setup.

Agreed. Though you could swap the mage book. High defence would be DFS. Epic mage setup would be an arcane SS. Fire cape is probably the best there as it has the +1 attack. Ummmm, if we knew your summoning we could advise a wolpertinger, or perhaps mage pots/extreme mage.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Torag's/Verac's helm

Amulet of fury

Ahrim's robetop

Ahrim's robeskirt

Infinity boots

Barrows gloves

Staff of Light

Blessed Spirit Shield

God cape - never wear a fire cape or a skillcape when you're maging.

Seers ring

Torag's/Verac's helm (horrible suggestion as Torag/Veracs helm will lower your mage attack bonus)

Amulet of fury

Ahrim's robetop

Ahrim's robeskirt

Infinity boots

Barrows gloves

Staff of Light ( CANNOT auto-cast ancients with this staff )

Blessed Spirit Shield

Seers ring

Ahrims Hood

Fury

Ahrims Top

Ahrims Bottoms

Infinity Boots

Barrows Gloves

Ancient Staff

Mage Book

Agreed. Though you could swap the mage book. High defence would be DFS. Epic mage setup would be an arcane SS. Fire cape is probably the best there as it has the +1 attack. Ummmm, if we knew your summoning we could advise a wolpertinger, or perhaps mage pots/extreme mage.

The best cape for mage is the god capes as they have +10 mage attack...

Torag's/Verac's helm (horrible suggestion as Torag/Veracs helm will lower your mage attack bonus)

Amulet of fury

Ahrim's robetop

Ahrim's robeskirt

Infinity boots

Barrows gloves

Staff of Light ( CANNOT auto-cast ancients with this staff )

Blessed Spirit Shield

Seers ring

What? Torag's and Verac's helm give great defence stats and only your magic attack by a little. Any mage that is maging in Soul Wars or in Castle Wars should be wearing one. Ask any other experienced magician on this forum like Warrior5024 or Muggiwplhar, they'll tell you the same thing as what I am saying. And a Staff of Light can auto cast any ancient spell.

With the set up I highly recommend (I use it all the time when maging meleers and rangers and I never lose to any meleer and rarely to a ranger) you'll have +98 magic attack and +211 slash defence. There is no no noticeable difference between +98 magic attack and +128 magic attack. So you might as well work on that slash defence.

Make sure you bring mage pots, they will boost your max hit by 15%

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

If you still find yourself being hit even with a Barrows helm, Verac's Top is the best defence/magic attack there is, aside from Ahrims.

EDIT: DutchPlease knows what he is talking about, as he is a very experienced Magician. The loss of Magic attack is greatly made up for by the defensive bonuses.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The problem is your magic level, not necessarily your gear (though that needs some work, too).

Here's the highest possible mage attack bonus, sans PVP armor:

3rd Age Hat

3rd Age Amulet

Ahrim's robe top

Ahrim's robe bottoms

Infinity boots

Seers' ring (i)

Barrows gloves

God cape

Master wand

Arcane spirit shield

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If you still find yourself being hit even with a Barrows helm, Verac's Top is the best defence/magic attack there is, aside from Ahrims.

EDIT: DutchPlease knows what he is talking about, as he is a very experienced Magician. The loss of Magic attack is greatly made up for by the defensive bonuses.

I'm pretty sure Ahrim top + Verac skirt > Verac brassard + Ahrim bottom (both in magic offense and ranged defense).

IMO, the perfect mage set up is (making sure you at least keep some ranged defense)

Torag/Verac helm

Ahrim top

Ahrim bottom

Infinity boots

Fury

Arcane spirit shield

Onyx (i)

Staff of light (if on ancients)

God cape or maybe Ardy cloak (+6 mage attack, and also nice prayer bonus).

You might wanna wear dragon boots and fire cape if you plan on using claw specs or some other form of melee.

The problem is your magic level, not necessarily your gear (though that needs some work, too).

3rd Age Hat

3rd Age Amulet

Ahrim's robe top

Ahrim's robe bottoms

Infinity boots

Seers' ring (i)

Barrows gloves

God cape

Master wand

Arcane spirit shield

You mean Staff of Light :P

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

3rd Age Hat

3rd Age Amulet

Ahrim's robe top

Ahrim's robe bottoms

Infinity boots

Seers' ring (i)

Barrows gloves

God cape

Master wand

Arcane spirit shield

You mean Staff of Light :P

Master Wand has +20 to magic attack, where Staff of Light has +17.

dgs5.jpg

but what about the 15% damage bonus, would you not take that into consideration over the master wands 10%?

All I attempted to do was provide the max mage attack bonus. I would definitely choose a SoL over a master wand, but the wand is still more accurate.

dgs5.jpg

I'm pretty sure Ahrim top + Verac skirt > Verac brassard + Ahrim bottom (both in magic offense and ranged defense).

Ahrim's robe top + Verac's plateskirt gives +9 magic attack and +119 slash defence.

Verac's brassard + Ahrim's robeskirt gives +16 magic attack and +125 slash defence.

Ahrim's robetop + Verac's plateskirt gives +9 magic attack, +119 slash defence and +84 range defence.

Verac's brassard + Ahrim's robeskirt gives +16 magic attack, +125 slash defence and +81 range defence.

3 more range defence isn't really going to make any difference so Verac's brassard + Ahrim's robeskirt is better in my opinion.

I don't really think this guy is very wealthy. May I ask what spell you are using, and where in soul wars? If you are freezing people running up to your avatar, ice blitz with ~100 mage bonus should do fine. If you are trying to multi attack people at the obelisk, you should really get a barrage spell, burst sumpliy doesn't hit very high. Also, soul split is very nice if you have it.