mint cakes

neanderthol

They crashed a long time ago and are now considered junk by most people.

This

I got one from a a quest about a month ago and it was still worth 10k or so. I think I sold it off as junk in amongst other things.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I chuckled heartily when that update came out.

I don't know what everyone else was thinking, but a highly illiquid item that was completely fiat just didn't seem like a good investment to me. And junk trades? You're still losing millions worth of junk.

newsigh.jpg

I don't know what everyone else was thinking, but a highly illiquid item that was completely fiat just didn't seem like a good investment to me. And junk trades? You're still losing millions worth of junk.

What update?

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

It was a good idea at the time, considering mint cakes were fairly rare to get and had a very low GE price. Similar items of rarity from the gnome mini game were priced at 1M/per, and they didn't have nearly as much demand as mint cakes (albeit, mint cakes had "fake" demand). The only issue was that mint cakes had use other than just being used as junk, so Jagex thought it necessary to make them common (much more common), so, obviously, the mint bubble burst (lol :D), and I lol'd along with everyone else.

guido_49.png

What update?

mint cakes became very common from gnome delivery

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Eat them or let them collect dust in your bank, they aren't worth anything on the street market anymore due to a change to the gnome delivery mini-game.

Low_C.png

What update?

So they hidden-update made them more common?

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

What update?

So they hidden-update made them more common?

Yes, although I'm not sure if it was hidden or not.

No, it wasn't hidden, it was in the patch notes. Although, a hidden update like that would be pretty evil on Jagex's part.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Tbh that update was my favorite non main update they've made in a long time. It was almost at the point that you couldn't buy an expensive item without adding a mint cake or two into the trade.